Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superbowl Half Time Show

teesharky

I'm down for Carrie sharing the stage with other big stars. Fine by me. Just get her on the stage. lol

lizcarlo

I would not mind Carrie and Keith. Id love for her to do it and show that you can be dynamic incredible performer without having to "dance". I got nothing against it its just so played out by now. Yeah Carrie could easily do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wZevriex1Y (for some reason the ending is left off which is odd)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ1eeahCWuM

Carrie Underwood Before he Cheats - Video Dailymotion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsgTsJIkax4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2EEdhT551Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOtt-KMfl2k

AIgrl06

My guess is Rihanna. It sort of meets the pattern of Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Coldplay, Beyonce. Of course, they could always just ask Beyonslay to do it again.

I have to assume if they do end up going with a country artist it'd be Carrie. I mean, WHO else? The question is merely would they go with a country artist? It's not like country's main demographics aren't already watching the Superbowl, so what does the NFL have to gain?

marpoe

Thank god NFL and CMA are different thing..... if not..... we will see the holy child ML year by year do the halftime show.

Kizmet311

Carrie has so many pop-rock-country style songs in her upbeat numbers that she could be one of the performers without her set sounding too country. I do think the NFL/country music audience is very similar, so I can understand the thought that country artists might not draw additional audience to watch the half time show, but Carrie is very much the lone superstar (IMHO) in the country genre. Whether or not people are buying her albums, they generally know who she is and she garners a lot of media attention. Carrie with GNR would be nice!

MelissaD

I find Beyonce to be one of the most overrated artists of all time. She encapsulates the phrase "jack of all trades; master of none" to me. I don't find her to be exceptional at absolutely anything. She's a package deal. Only thing I can really say for her is that she has impeccable vocal TECHNIQUE. But her voice itself I find to be incredibly basic. Not to mention, she's notorious for stealing songwriting credits. Not a fan!

teesharky

Thank god NFL and CMA are different thing..... if not..... we will see the holy child ML year by year do the halftime show.

yet 3/4 of the world watching would have no idea who Miranda is. That would not go over well. She is not a strong enough live performer for a halftime gig as she doesn't really do much but stand there and sing or play guitar. That's fine for country- but not a halftime show. Carrie is much more flamboyant and moves around much more. Carrie had used backup dancers before and could again for this.

Last edited:

MelissaD

Don't even get me started on Rihanna. That girl's talent level is ZILCH-O. She literally can't do ANYTHING. Another one whose success over the years has absolutely boggled my mind. Just another example of how the gap between musical talent and related commercial success is ever-growing. How that song "Work" even got permission to be recorded in a major recording studio is outrageous and totally beyond me, even more so the fact that it was actually played on the radio. If s*** had a sound relative to its scent, THAT would be it.

rcramer

I find Beyonce to be one of the most overrated artists of all time. She encapsulates the phrase "jack of all trades; master of none" to me. I don't find her to be exceptional at absolutely anything. She's a package deal. Only thing I can really say for her is that she has impeccable vocal TECHNIQUE. But her voice itself I find to be incredibly basic. Not to mention, she's notorious for stealing songwriting credits. Not a fan!

I am not a fan of Beyonce's particular music, but the girl can definitely sing.... And I have always admired her beauty...... Absolutely stunning, say Dream Girls.......

But what made me a fan to her voice was when she sang on Oscar night the song from Phantom of the Oprah, Learn To Be Lonely and honoring Barbra Streisand at the Kennedy Center Honors when she sang The Way We Were...... Just beautiful...

kiwicountry

Don't even get me started on Rihanna. That girl's talent level is ZILCH-O. She literally can't do ANYTHING. Another one whose success over the years has absolutely boggled my mind. Just another example of how the gap between musical talent and related commercial success is ever-growing. How that song "Work" even got permission to be recorded in a major recording studio is outrageous and totally beyond me, even more so the fact that it was actually played on the radio. If s*** had a sound relative to its scent, THAT would be it.

I agree that Work is a rubbish song but I do think she does have talent. When she's sober and hasn't been taking drugs she can produce a great performance like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuFKZ6P4paE

It's just a shame that she's wasted that talent. A NZ radio show here had one of their guys go on tour with her and he was shocked at her behavior. He said there was drinking and drugs and that when she was on stage she would only sing bits and pieces of her songs. It annoys me because there are so many talented hardworking artists out there that would love nothing more than to be in her shoes and they never get a chance.

MelissaD

I am not a fan of Beyonce's particular music, but the girl can definitely sing.... And I have always admired her beauty...... Absolutely stunning, say Dream Girls.......

But what made me a fan to her voice was when she sang on Oscar night the song from Phantom of the Oprah, Learn To Be Lonely and honoring Barbra Streisand at the Kennedy Center Honors when she sang The Way We Were...... Just beautiful...

Oh, there's absolutely no denying whatsoever that the woman is a great singer ; As I said, she's a brilliant technician, and by FAR exceeds the general standards of technical proficiency expected from singers within the realm of pop. But what I'm distinguishing between is a tremendous vocal TECHNIQUE vs. a tremendous INSTRUMENT. & for me, her technique simply overwhelms the innate qualities that her voice itself has to offer. That's not to say that she ISN'T naturally gifted, because she wouldn't have been able to reach the heights of vocal performance that she has if not - but when she's compared to true vocal titans, like Mariah, Whitney, Celine, Barbra, etc. who have the tremendous instrument AND the technique to go along with it, I feel that she easily falls short of that mark of greatness. I find her voice to be naturally very thin and light with a quite dull and ordinary R&B tone ... but she's able to disguise it by being a master of RESONANCE (+ the heavy reverb effect she's known for using in live performances), which provides the illusion of her voice being not quite as small in size as it actually is.

I agree that Work is a rubbish song but I do think she does have talent. When she's sober and hasn't been taking drugs she can produce a great performance like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuFKZ6P4paE

It's just a shame that she's wasted that talent. A NZ radio show here had one of their guys go on tour with her and he was shocked at her behavior. He said there was drinking and drugs and that when she was on stage she would only sing bits and pieces of her songs. It annoys me because there are so many talented hardworking artists out there that would love nothing more than to be in her shoes and they never get a chance.

Wow, she's come a long way. Sounds like she might have got herself some training, as I've never heard her actually sing in tune for such a long period of time before. Her tone is pleasant enough here too. But she's definitely not a natural singer, as evidenced in her earlier singing. Average voice at best. Very limited power, range, and incredibly poor intonation. Glad that training fixed some of it. She at least sounds better than Taylor Swift now.

SoSmall90

Didn't someone say that Carrie couldn't do it because of the CMA awards and needing to not have a schedule conflict for several months before?

sco

Didn't someone say that Carrie couldn't do it because of the CMA awards and needing to not have a schedule conflict for several months before?

The CMA awards aren't a problem. There has been some discussion about the NFL trying to limit concert appearances around the time of the super bowl but I don't know the details.

Louisa

Radio.com back Carrie. :)

5 Artists Who Should Play Super Bowl Halftime Show « Radio.com

Underwood is a consummate performer, always willing to take the stage at awards shows and other televised events to provide fans with a memorable, flashy experience. Even though she’s got her foot firmly in country, she offers the kind of broad appeal that does well for the Halftime Show. Then there are her duets with Miranda Lambert, Keith Urban and Brad Paisley (to name a few). Throw those names in the mix and you’re sure to have a winner.

Zman312

I still have a dream of Carrie and Justin Timberlake doing the SuperBowl.

I love JT and think that he is a GREAT artist but after the shenanigan (w/ Janet Jackson) he should never be allowed on the SB stage; just on principals