Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superbowl Half Time Show

DaisyTweets

Oh geez where are the names of the most recent ETOTYs in the country genre??????? Its so laughable that the whole world sees the entertainer that Carrie is and the genre she's loyal to couldn't be bothered to give her the recognition and honors that she's so richly deserving of.

I'll still say it again, that we'll see her being the headliner for that show sooner rather than later!!!! She's just too good for it not to happen.

And any show that would feature Drake, RiRi or even West would have me hitting the kitchen and taking a bathroom break!!! I so wouldn't be watching it.

cmuf2011

I love JT and think that he is a GREAT artist but after the shenanigan (w/ Janet Jackson) he should never be allowed on the SB stage; just on principals

I was going to say Carrie and JT but after reading this post not sure, note I have no idea about the shenanigan that happen. When I hear JT I think NSYNC, singer, huge pop superstar, Jessica Biel, etc. I don't think of any shenanigans, Janet Jackson doesn't come to my mind.

maddkat

Staff member
I was going to say Carrie and JT but after reading this post not sure, note I have no idea about the shenanigan that happen. When I hear JT I think NSYNC, singer, huge pop superstar, Jessica Biel, etc. I don't think of any shenanigans, Janet Jackson doesn't come to my mind.

he exposed Janet's breast, they said accidentally ,but it sure looked planned

not sure after that uproar the SB would ever have him back

Ty

No way will Justin get another chance. The Janet Jackson fans would (rightfully) drag the NFL left and right. The press would be so bad.

AIgrl06

I think if they allow JT they should allow JJ but who would want her?

Lmao it's true that Janet's most recent era has been a bit of a hot mess (really good album, though). But who knows where her career would be if she'd gotten the same treatment as Justin post-SuperBowl.

carriefan14

2001 - NSYNC/Britney Spears
2002 - U2
2003- No Doubt/Shania Twain
2004 - Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake
2005 - Paul McCartney
2006 - Rolling Stones
2007 - Prince
2008- Tom Petty
2009- Springsteen
2010- The Who
2011 - Black Eyed Peas
2012 - Madonna
2013 - Beyonce
2014 - Bruno Mars & Chilli Peppers
2015 - Katy Perry
2016 - Coldplay/Beyonce AGAIN/Bruno Mars AGAIN

To me, it seems like they have always chosen acts that are major acts. Like, everybody knows who Beyonce is, everybody knows who Bruce Springsteen is. But also, they tend to pick someone who has a cultural influence - somebody who is on everybody's tongues every week. To me, the obvious choice is TS, just because she's always in the headlines, she does big production shows like that, it seems right up her alley.

TS 1st choice, I think it's time for P!nk to get her moment, or Maroon 5.

maddkat

Staff member
TS is no choice at all, she can't sing or lip synch well and her music is for teens

I really hope the SB gets someone for adults

AIgrl06

I think Taylor Swift can't do the SuperBowl because it's sponsored by Pepsi.

I never even thought of Maroon 5 but that would make total sense. I would hate it.

tgbrinker

Taylor, influence wise, makes sense.

But her music style and vocal ability almost rules her out, honestly.

I'd rather see Beyonce every year for 10 years than Taylor.

I'd love to see P!nk, but not solo.

FINE - I'll take Carrie, P!nk, and JT all together.

maddkat

Staff member
watch them go with Chesney and Pink because of that song
72_72.gif

carriefan14

Rihanna would have been a good contender, but she's said over and over how much she hates performing her old songs, and those are the ones that made her famous :/

rcramer

To be honest I don't see anyone in the POP world doing it..... Carrie can hold her own on the stage, that is for sure......

MelissaD

Ohh, P!nk would be a great choice. That woman can sing and entertain her ass off. I'd rather her over Blandonce by a mile.

DaisyTweets

Well one thing I'll say is that Carrie's name has been consistently talked about/pitched as the ideal one to headline the show for what 3 years now. Its gonna happen people and its going to be sooner rather than later!!!!