Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superbowl Half Time Show

pklongbeach

But half of that she would be "introducing" to the mainstream world. Which I have no problem with at all. But that is not the point of the Super Bowl Halftime Show. The whole point is that the majority of the audience is going to rock out and enjoy the show. Trust me, they have missed the mark! But I still think that the celebrity the choose will be someone who is open to that world level of exposure and domination. And that is just not what Carrie is showing. Sorry its not.

Mad, I am going to excuse that you would say that I don't think much of Carrie. Do you really think that after SOML that I don't think Carrie Underwood has what it takes to nail a Super Bowl Show??? PLEZ!!!
Don't Even......
She can own it, there is no doubt!!!

But is she what they are looking for, and has she presented herself as a viable option...... No!

praying I am wrong......

simonplay

And the SB is an America thing! No much people outside of USA watch or care for that game, much less the halftime show. Just saying..

simonplay

I would like to see Cowboy Casanova, Last Name, Blown Away, Paradise City, Something in the Water and Before He Cheats.

She could have dancers, water, play the drums, she could fly, a lot of pyro, fire, a tornado, a smashed truck... lol and the most important.. that voice!

teesharky

^ Also, she could do The Fighter with Keith Urban, and they could make it really cool and funky with dancers and hoopla.

I want her to do a snippet of All American Girl as well, as that song would go over very well in that setting. She could sing it with a choir of little girls.

teesharky

And the SB is an America thing! No much people outside of USA watch or care for that game, much less the halftime show. Just saying..

Thank you. Agree. I feel like the Superbowl people spend too much time focusing on pop stars that have international superstardom. This is an AMERICAN game. It is supposed to be for and by Americans.

Country music is HUGE in America! It has gotten even bigger in the past ten years. Carrie is arguably the biggest current country star in the USA, and the biggest ratings draw of any other country star relevant today. She is big in Canada and has fans all over the world. She may not be on the same level as Beyonce or Katy Perry overseas, but she is on their level in the USA. She has even sold more albums than Katy.

if nothing else--- Carrie has earned a special guest slot or a coheadliner slot like Shania Twain got. Give the country music haters their pop or rock star to share the stage with Carrie. Fine by me. Whatever works. But give her a chance.

teesharky

^idk maybe it's just me but you seem to have a low opinion of Carrie and her ability to entertain.
Nobody does an entire SB halftime without pulling in other artist.Carrie has songs and can cover anything.She could totally do the SB.

And Adele was never asked to do the SB.It was just a pr move.

Thank you. Honestly-- I would equate Carrie to Shania in the sense that both are considered very strong live entertainers, with Carrie of course having the decided advantage of a stronger vocalist too. But Shania is a good entertainer, and if the SuperBowl trusted her enough to give her a slot (with other artists), why not Carrie?

I never expected Carrie to do a solo headlining gig. Even Madonna and Beyonce had several surprise guests and other artists helping them. That happens every year, with everyone, no matter who you are.

I am just saying that Carrie is certainly big enough and good enough to at least get a Shania type slot.

The only thing holding those snotty NFL producers back is her being a country artist- and that is grossly unfair given that country music is huge in the USA right now.

It is not supposed to be about what is popular overseas. This is America, and Carrie is HUGE here.

gocountrymusic

I would like to see Cowboy Casanova, Last Name, Blown Away, Paradise City, Something in the Water and Before He Cheats.

She could have dancers, water, play the drums, she could fly, a lot of pyro, fire, a tornado, a smashed truck... lol and the most important.. that voice!

Perfect setlist I would just add CCA to represent the Storyteller Era.

countrymusicfan15

Here's what it shows on the Wikipedia. On the Super Bowl Halftime page:

Definitely fan-made but still fun to imagine haha

Date: Feb 5, 2017
Performers: Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Shania Twain, Dolly Parton, Martina Mcrbide, University of Choctaw Oklahoma Marching Band and Cheerleaders Dallas Cowboys
Producer Ricky Kirshner
Director Roman White, Theresa Wingert, Randee St. Nicholas, P. R. Brown.
Sponsor Almay,CALIA by Carrie Underwood
References TBD
Setlist
"Cowboy Casanova" (intro- Mexico) (Carrie Underwood)
"Undo It" (Carrie Underwood)
"Jolene", "9 to 5" and "I Will Always Love You" (Medley) (Carrie & Dolly)
"Something in the Water" (Carrie Underwood)
Come On Over, "You're Still the One" and "Up!" (Shania Twain)
"Man! I Feel Like a Woman!" (Carrie Underwood & Shania Twain)
"Somethin' Bad"(Carrie Underwood & Miranda Lambert)
"Vice" and Reckless (Martina Mcbride & Miranda Lambert)
"Independence Day" (Martina Mcbride)
"Dirty Laundry"/ "Church Bells" (Carrie Underwood)
"Before He Cheats"(Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Shania Twain & Dolly Parton)

teesharky

That's pretty funny. It would be great if they hadn't listed Almay and Calia as the Sponsors, when everyone knows Pepsi sponsors the Superbowl. And Roman White would never be hired to direct the SB as they use the same guy almost every year.

terilyn

Lady Gaga Has Been Officially Confirmed As The Headliner For The 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show

Whitney McIntosh September 18, 2016

Lady Gaga Has Been Officially Confirmed As The Headliner For The 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show

Getty Image

She sang the anthem at the 2016 Super Bowl, and now Lady Gaga is returning to the biggest stage in sports as the headlining act. As US Weekly reports, Gaga is officially confirmed to be the halftime act for Super Bowl LI (which will be played in Houston, not on Long Island – no I will not get sick of making Roman Numerals jokes between now and February). The pop star and recent Tony Bennett collaborator has a new album coming out in late October, so it makes sense that she would want to support her first solo album in a few years with a big show like this one.

Before her Star-Spangled Banner performance, Gaga said,

“This is one of the highest honors of my career. I get a chance to sing for all the athletes — who have been working so hard their whole lives for this moment — the coaches, as well as the fans in the stands who are waiting for this moment. I think it marks what being an American is all about.”
Now she gets to sing in front of all of those people all over again, except this time she will get to add her signature flourish to the appearance.

While Gaga is known for being crazy in her performances (and on the red carpet) she’s calmed down a bit from her meat-wearing days so it will be interesting to see how she goes about an opportunity like the Super Bowl Halftime show. Sparkly Gucci suit and strong makeup aside, her national anthem performance was all about her voice and her stage presence, so maybe she will err on the side of normalcy and focus on hit songs like “Born This Way” and “Poker Face” rather than any out-of-this-world aspects or costuming. Or, as is probably the case, she could take advantage of a show that almost requires her to go all out and be outlandishly creative since it is a one-time thing and needs to be memorable.

The confirmation that Lady Gaga is indeed the musician that gets to take over the halftime stage in Houston comes many months before the Super Bowl, as is necessary for prep and such. With more than enough time to come up with insane plans and ideas for the setlist, Gaga has everything she needs to wow fans in the stadium and at home when she takes the stage in February.

Bummer!!

Audra

Getty Image

She sang the anthem at the 2016 Super Bowl, and now Lady Gaga is returning to the biggest stage in sports as the headlining act. As US Weekly reports, Gaga is officially confirmed to be the halftime act for Super Bowl LI (which will be played in Houston, not on Long Island – no I will not get sick of making Roman Numerals jokes between now and February). The pop star and recent Tony Bennett collaborator has a new album coming out in late October, so it makes sense that she would want to support her first solo album in a few years with a big show like this one.

Before her Star-Spangled Banner performance, Gaga said,

“This is one of the highest honors of my career. I get a chance to sing for all the athletes — who have been working so hard their whole lives for this moment — the coaches, as well as the fans in the stands who are waiting for this moment. I think it marks what being an American is all about.”
Now she gets to sing in front of all of those people all over again, except this time she will get to add her signature flourish to the appearance.

While Gaga is known for being crazy in her performances (and on the red carpet) she’s calmed down a bit from her meat-wearing days so it will be interesting to see how she goes about an opportunity like the Super Bowl Halftime show. Sparkly Gucci suit and strong makeup aside, her national anthem performance was all about her voice and her stage presence, so maybe she will err on the side of normalcy and focus on hit songs like “Born This Way” and “Poker Face” rather than any out-of-this-world aspects or costuming. Or, as is probably the case, she could take advantage of a show that almost requires her to go all out and be outlandishly creative since it is a one-time thing and needs to be memorable.

The confirmation that Lady Gaga is indeed the musician that gets to take over the halftime stage in Houston comes many months before the Super Bowl, as is necessary for prep and such. With more than enough time to come up with insane plans and ideas for the setlist, Gaga has everything she needs to wow fans in the stadium and at home when she takes the stage in February.

Bummer!!

it's not true, the NFL has stated and denied the reports coming from US Weekly that she is doing the halftime show, they haven't decided yet and still have not made the final decision as to who will do the halftime show

it's not true, the NFL has stated and denied the reports coming from US Weekly that she is doing the halftime show, they haven't decided yet and still have not made the final decision as to who will do the halftime show

They always deny it when these reports come out. They just say that so they can make the official announcement.

teesharky

^ Who knows. It could go either way. The NFL might just be pissed because they got scooped by a trashy tabliid mag named US Weekly. So it could still be true.

But-- I do think there is truth to their statement as well. They might be considering other artists to join Gaga on stage.

What I am hoping for is that Gaga is not the only artist. They need to let a country act at least be a special guest or supporting act.

If all Carrie can get is a guest role at the Superbowl due to their bias for pop acts, I can accept that. It would be better than her never appearing at the Halftime Show at all.

teesharky

Sadly- you may be right. But the problem is that the NFL is toooo concerned with how the International Pop fans feel about country music-- when this is a freakin' American sport for America! The rest of the world can enjoy it or not. But this should be about what is popular and relevant in America-- and that is country music-- not just pop music.

Honestly-- Country artists outsell pop acts at many big venues in the USA. I watch the box scores and Carrie, Kenny, Garth, etc- all outsell many socalled big name pop acts in the USA. I am not talking about Beyonce or MAdonna- etc- who sell out all the time. But a big name country act like CArrie or Garth or Kenny etc- outsells many pop stars in both touring and in album sales.

I can understand not giving a country act the sole Headlining position---- as they may want to appease the pop fans with a pop star either coheadlining with a country star or having several acts on stage to please everyone. That is fine. I am fine with Carrie being just a special guest or a coheadliner with a big name pop star that she shares the stage with. That's fine. Nothing wrong with that, and less hate for Carrie.

But what I resent is that the NFL is cutting out country acts completely. They are not even giving them a supporting role for the HAlftime in the freakin' state of Texas. That is why I hope this Gaga rumor is false- or at least that she is sharing the gig with other artists.

But half of that she would be "introducing" to the mainstream world. Which I have no problem with at all. But that is not the point of the Super Bowl Halftime Show. The whole point is that the majority of the audience is going to rock out and enjoy the show. Trust me, they have missed the mark! But I still think that the celebrity the choose will be someone who is open to that world level of exposure and domination. And that is just not what Carrie is showing. Sorry its not.

Mad, I am going to excuse that you would say that I don't think much of Carrie. Do you really think that after SOML that I don't think Carrie Underwood has what it takes to nail a Super Bowl Show??? PLEZ!!!
Don't Even......
She can own it, there is no doubt!!!

But is she what they are looking for, and has she presented herself as a viable option...... No!

praying I am wrong......

opry051008

I vote for Carrie & Isaiah covering Carrie's songs (acappella) during the half time show, starting with a repeat performance of Heartbeat. : )

countryfan2006

We all want it but i don't think its going to happen.If it does it might be years down the line before we actually see Carrie do the Halftime show for the NFL Superbowl.

Kizmet311

I enjoyed some of Lady Gaga's past hits, but she certainly doesn't seem as relevant now as Katy/Beyonce/Bruno Mars did at the time of their halftime performances. I personally think Coldplay was a bad choice for last year - does anyone care about Coldplay anymore? Usually the halftime performances are my favorite part of the game, but this may be one that I'll use to get a snack and go to the bathroom.

Piercing Words

Someone mentioned before that Carrie could possibly be more likely to get it when SB is on NBC because of her ties to Sunday Night Football. That'd be in Feb 2018, and personally I think that would be a perfect opportunity for Carrie if it were to happen. Release a new album in late 2017 and reap the benefits of the post-SB sales. As much as I'd love to have her perform now, it just doesn't make sense considering the era would be dead in the water by February next year (assuming we won't get a 5th single) so it'd be a wasted opportunity in a way.

Knowing our Carrie Marie, she'll end up pregnant again and see the opportunity disappear just like it did last time 'round (when it went to Katy Perry instead), lol.