Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superbowl Half Time Show

maddkat

Staff member
so I wonder if the NA is now going to the highest bidder?
Luke simply can not sing well enough to be chosen on merit.imo of course :)

DaisyTweets

I bet that's a good guess Donna. Something is sure up with it because its been announced so late. If I recall correctly in the past its always been announced way in advance not a mere 2 weeks before the big game. Like I said in an earlier post, my ears already hurt thinking of him singing this song. No way does he have the vocal chops to do justice to the song.

pklongbeach

its been a long time since the NA was considered based on singing ability. There have been some very mediocre singers who have done it. I think LB is fine. He is neither here nore there for me. But just like a Gaga or any other standard stock singer, they are chosen on name recognition and negotiating of corporate sponsor relations and not talent....

teesharky

It is definitely VERY LATE in the game to announce a National Anthem singer. They usually announce the anthem singer months before the SB.

How odd. Could someone else have cancelled out? If so, that original singer would have been announced earlier though. Odd.

teesharky

Really? That seems really odd. I don't recall it being that late. Oh well.

seems like the NFL throws country music a consolation prize by letting them sing the Anthem but not the Super Bowl. Not for like 25 years or more has a country singer been allowed in the halftime show.

adam1995

Really? That seems really odd. I don't recall it being that late. Oh well.

seems like the NFL throws country music a consolation prize by letting them sing the Anthem but not the Super Bowl. Not for like 25 years or more has a country singer been allowed in the halftime show.

Shania did it in 2003.

liz278

^^Not 25 years but it has been 14 years since a country artist has performed at the Super Bowl.

teesharky

Shania did it in 2003.

But Shania was not the headliner. She performed as a special guest with several others if I recall. It has been awhile though so who knows. lol

Either way-- 2003 is a long, long time to go without a country star at the halftime show. 14 years. Pretty sad.

rainbow1

I remember how thrilled we were, when Carrie performed for that Dallas Thanksgiving game!! At halftime! She was great, she could certainly smash a Super Bowl halftime!!!!

Kizmet311

I wonder if they will announce any guests with Lady Gaga or if they will all be surprises, if there are any. Wonder if Beyonce will show back up again since they have that duet, haha.

adam1995

I wonder if they will announce any guests with Lady Gaga or if they will all be surprises, if there are any. Wonder if Beyonce will show back up again since they have that duet, haha.

Please, two superbowls is enough. Plus she sang the anthem some years back. She can sit at home this year.

pklongbeach

....and I agree with the over praising. I think that is what bothers me more than anything......
She is fine. But nothing she does is better singing or better dancing or better stage presence than I have seen plenty of before.