Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superbowl Half Time Show

teesharky

Honestly I would be excited about a Gaga halftime any other year. But this should have been a country halftime show given that its Houston etc and 14 years since we got a country act. ( as a special guest)

Instead they throw country a bone with Luke getting the anthem- which is not sufficient. I really hate that the SB producers or NFL or whoever makes the call only seems to care about pleasing international pop fans while ignoring how massively popular country music is in USA and even Canada.

adam1995

and just out of the hospital!! Hope it's not too much for him.

I know, both him and Barbara. I do think it's kind of funny he couldn't go to the inauguration (rightly so, as he was in the hospital), but they both wanted to make sure they could make the Super Bowl.

adam1995

Is anyone else annoyed that the Super Bowl is only ever in the warm cities or domed stadiums? That's always bothered me, like it's not fair to us northern outdoor football fans. You have these dynasty football teams from the north like the Steelers, Packers and (as much as I hate to say it) the Patriots, and these stadiums and cities never get that Super Bowl week spotlight. Of course it'd definitely be cold to say the least in some of these cities, especially Green Bay, but football fans should be tougher than that, lol.

txacar

I know, both him and Barbara. I do think it's kind of funny he couldn't go to the inauguration (rightly so, as he was in the hospital), but they both wanted to make sure they could make the Super Bowl.

President Bush is very proud of our city and loves his role as host and supporter for events such as this. Saying he needed to be well in time for the Super Bowl was lighthearted and meant to show confidence and give us hope. Your comment about the inauguration is so far off the mark it's laughable. The stadium is a 25 minute drive from his house and the weather is warm. He will probably leave after greeting the teams. He has Parkinson's disease and is confined to a wheelchair. The inauguration is a 3 hour flight, then an hour drive, then sitting outdoors in very cold weather for a couple of hours. He is a patriot and, regardless of politics, would have been there to celebrate everything the smooth transition of power means to this country if it were possible.

adam1995

President Bush is very proud of our city and loves his role as host and supporter for events such as this. Saying he needed to be well in time for the Super Bowl was lighthearted and meant to show confidence and give us hope. Your comment about the inauguration is so far off the mark it's laughable. The stadium is a 25 minute drive from his house and the weather is warm. He will probably leave after greeting the teams. He has Parkinson's disease and is confined to a wheelchair. The inauguration is a 3 hour flight, then an hour drive, then sitting outdoors in very cold weather for a couple of hours. He is a patriot and, regardless of politics, would have been there to celebrate everything the smooth transition of power means to this country if it were possible.

I know. I really like him, I wasn't criticizing in the least. It was funny because politics was his job and he wanted to make sure he was better for the Super Bowl, but didn't worry so much about what he dedicated his life to (I know it was a lighthearted comment, he has a great sense of humor). I think you read my comment totally wrong. He's one of the greatest Americans living today, and should be honored for years to come.

lovelyT

Gaga hanging from the sky, ceiling, whatever, will be interesting. I will be watching because I want to see what she does. It feels weird though because, I feel she should have done the SB during the height of her career. I liked her during The Fame/Fame Monster era. Unless you are a die hard Monster, then you're super excited for this. In general, I think people are kind of over Lady Gaga. The woman has hits though! so i'm excited to see her perform the songs that made people fall in love with her in the beginning. I know her songs will skyrocket on the iTunes charts afterwards.

pklongbeach

....so its official about Tony.....ok.......zzzzzzzz

And what is Taylor doing? She already recorded her lip-syncing track for it....she is singing that bondage song......

Zman312

Wow, I didn't even know Luke was singing the NA. (Very lucky of him as mainly female artists are asked. I wish him luck. I am really shocked they asked him. I would of asked Stapleton or Zac Brown, great vocalists)

twaintrain

I read or heard somewhere that Gaga was doing her performance alone, no guests. Said she had dreamed of this since she was a little girl and knew exactly what she wanted to do. I don't have a clue where I heard that though.

countrymama22

I hope Gaga does a good job. I'm not a fan but the girl has talent. I'm so tired of political statements from both sides so I hope she will refrain from that and make it about the music and having fun.

txacar

Don't think "squeezed" is exactly accurate. TS has a contract with AT&T and, as every news outlet announced last October, they were building and have now completed a 64,000 sq. ft. venue in Montrose area for her to perform. Bruno Mars will open there tonight. Taylor is the main pre-Super Bowl headliner Saturday night.

Taylor Swift, AT&T partner for Super Bowl event and beyond

utlovescarrie

I'm not excited about Gaga - never been a fan. Tony doesn't make me want to watch either. If the rumors are true and Gaga wants to get political - no thanks. I watch sports to get AWAY from that. We've already decided to DVR the game and start watching it late so we can skip the whole halftime.
I'm with Tee on this - time for country to get the halftime show! Enough with the pop acts (several who seem to forget that families/kids watch) who are more spectacle than true talent.
/getting off my high horse

ethelu

....so its official about Tony.....ok.......zzzzzzzz

And what is Taylor doing? She already recorded her lip-syncing track for it....she is singing that bondage song......

I love Tony! No interest in Taylor whatsoever. I like Gaga. I think she'll do a good job, but impossible to judge before seeing it. At least it will be dark by halftime. Last year with the sun still out kind of took away from it, I thought.

lolita55

I hope Gaga does a good job. I'm not a fan but the girl has talent. I'm so tired of political statements from both sides so I hope she will refrain from that and make it about the music and having fun.

I hope she does as well but, I don't think she will refrain from making a political statement. Which in most cases is admirable, but not in all cases. With this being one of them.