Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superbowl Half Time Show

Zman312

I didn't really care for it. It's was good but nothing spectular. Bruno Mars (sol0) performance was the best from recent years.

What did you guys think about Luke's performance. I may be biased but i always preferred a female singing the NA.

hjj

Enjoyed it. I think she actually toned it down. She had been a little more outrageous on AI.

Audra

Lady Gaga's halftime show I thought was the best halftime show over the last couple years for sure. Nothing real like spectacular but I like that, and she just sang and didn't do anything like crazy like I thought she would and I really liked it.

adam1995

She sounded good, starting on the roof was very cool, and the drop in was even better. And she did it all by herself, no guests, which I appreciated.

Luke did well, but that's a song that needs a big vocalist.

thaifood

Lady Gaga's halftime show I thought was the best halftime show over the last couple years for sure. Nothing real like spectacular but I like that, and she just sang and didn't do anything like crazy like I thought she would and I really liked it.

nothing crazy? She flew into the stadium off of the roof for cryin out loud. How much more crazy can it get?

teesharky

I thought she did excellent. I was relieved she did not go all political as that would have been really inappropriate. She gave a few subtle hints about acceptance but that was fine. I like that she sang live and did not lip sync. Overall it was very good.

I was extremely shocked and impressed with how well Luke Bryan did on the Anthem. He took it down a few keys but it worked well for the range he attempted.

Audra

nothing crazy? She flew into the stadium off of the roof for cryin out loud. How much more crazy can it get?

I didn't mean it like that, of course her jumping from the roof and all that was crazy, I meant in the respect of not a whole lot of crazy set changes or a lot of explosions or anything like that, she just had that main stage and then the two big towers and the stairs on the side and all that and her piano but that was it, nothing else. that's what I meant.

lovelyT

I enjoyed Lady Gaga's performance. She brought back the fan in me with those songs. The fame/Fame monster era was everything! Her voice was phenomenal, and the lights were incredible. I loved that she ended with "Bad Romance." <3 The only thing missing was "paparazzi." I hate that she didn't add that one in.

I enjoyed Lady Gaga's performance. She brought back the fan in me with those songs. The fame/Fame monster era was everything! Her voice was phenomenal, and the lights were incredible. I loved that she ended with "Bad Romance." <3 The only thing missing was "paparazzi." I hate that she didn't add that one in.

Yes I kept waiting for Paparazzi!! I am so happy she only did her old songs (with the exception of Million Reasons) as I haven't been too crazy over her work after Born This Way. And she didn't appear to be trying to top anything or be super artistic like she usually is, she just put on a fantastic performance and I loved every second of it.

rainbow1

I thought Luke was very good! Better than I had expected!! Country fans on twitter surely liked him!

jimshoe

Next year.. Superbowl in Minnesota.. let's hope the Vikings make it there AND Carrie is doing the halftime show.. that might just be too much excitement for me in one day!!!

maddkat

Staff member
Ya'll know she didn't really jump off the roof right? That that part was all pre recorded?That she was just hanging there on strings waiting to be lowered to the stage. lol

on another note: dang I hate the Patriots but amazing comeback. Atlanta just folded in the 4th quarter

thaifood

Ya'll know she didn't really jump off the roof right? That that part was all pre recorded?That she was just hanging there on strings waiting to be lowered to the stage. lol

on another note: dang I hate the Patriots but amazing comeback. Atlanta just folded in the 4th quarter

Well that seems to be the popular meme, but it is also quite untrue. If it had been prerecorded don't you think the folks that were actually there would have been tweeting & posting about it? Yet....crickets....

Kizmet311

I wasn't looking forward to the halftime show, but I was pleasantly surprised. I thought she had a good selection of her hits, she didn't do anything political/crazy, love that she started with a patriotic note, and I loved Million Reasons. I was also happy that the show was at night again. It just looks so much better at night.

I really hope that Carrie gets a shot at it next year since NBC has it.

adam1995

That's what happens when you cheat!

I'm only sort of kidding!

(I'm not kidding)

pklongbeach

That's what happens when you cheat!

I'm only sort of kidding!

(I'm not kidding)
Not to start a smear-discussion after an amazing game. But how do you figure they cheated??? It just makes no sense.......

As for Gaga, I think she did really well. This is her wheel house. Big/Showy/High Drama. And that is what we got. I am not sure it read to the audience that watches the SB but it was still good for those of us who like that kind of thing.

Side notes; she was singing live about as much as she jumped off the roof. Neither. But it does not matter it still worked very well for affect. And before anyone attacks me for saying she did not sing live, I just mean to say that the entire thing was pretaped with much overdubbing and she basically just sang along and shouted whenever she felt like it.... thats not exactly live singing.... but again, it was really entertaining and trying to do the whole thing "live" would have made for very poor production value. Its all good.

thats the only factor that I cringe alittle about with Carrie doing it. I know she would expect to do it "live" which would make it more difficult for her to do one of these "big extravaganzas" that everyone has leaned to expect. She would mostly stand still and sing at the top of her lungs. And that is not what i want from her at all....... so not sure about that.......

I agree that Bruno is one of the few that was the perfect combo of showmanship quality and talent.