Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Swift “Lover” as known as TS7 album era

thenovaknycole1

Here’s the cover picture to Taylor Swift album “Lover”:

D8-DoZ9U8AAZOg1

hjj

The different versions sure increase her likelyhood of another million 1st week debut.

clh_hilary

The different versions sure increase her likelyhood of another million 1st week debut.

I won't hold my breath this time, really. She didn't even manage to go No 1 on the Hot 100 when everyone's sales have been so bad.

Comparing her to her own records, "Look What You Made Me Do" sold 353,000 copies in its first week without a featuring act and without a music video. It in fact moved just under 200,000 tracks on its first day.

"ME!" with a music video did 193,000 singles. Still a monstrous figure, but clearly a major drop from her last lead. And reputation the album already dipped in opening sales compared to 1989.

This is without mentioning the fact that her lead this time is quite poorly received.

Smokyiiis

Personally I think it's HER that needs to calm down. Seems like she can't get past being an attention seeker that wants to bark at the people giving her that attention she craves. I'll probably get skewered but I'm so done with this one. And I still to this day believe she's gay and just won't come out from the closet. It would probably help bring in a whole group of new fans. I wonder when her contract with Joe is up. (Okay! Back to behaving!)

pklongbeach

I really like the production of Calm Down, I love the beat and the style. I have to say I am a little over that all her songwriting now has the exact same rhythmic style and pattern to the delivery and placement of words and phrases. I understand how and why it relates directly to a specific demographic. But at this point even "I" would expect some creative growth as a writer. But instead, she seems very willing to stay stuck in a predictable box that sounds like Blank Space with a different production behind it.

With that, I have always said that I know Taylor would sooner or later write a song here and there that I would enjoy.. And she has again here. It's safe, tame, predictable, and exactly what her fans love. And I can't help but like it to. So Calm Down goes on the shelf of songs I like by her along with "Blank Space" "Trouble" "Ours" "Love Story"

lizcarlo

Personally I think it's HER that needs to calm down. Seems like she can't get past being an attention seeker that wants to bark at the people giving her that attention she craves. I'll probably get skewered but I'm so done with this one. And I still to this day believe she's gay and just won't come out from the closet. It would probably help bring in a whole group of new fans. I wonder when her contract with Joe is up. (Okay! Back to behaving!)

You know what I have to agree with you as well. I'm tiered of the poor me thing to be honest especially considering she is guilty of the things she complains about in this song. Me was alright at first but doesn't grow on me at all. You Need To Calm Down is just underwhelming. It may feel that way because it came after ME.. Neither of these songs makes me excited for the album. I'm holding out hope the album might be better when I listen to it on release day.

HuiZ

I really like the production on Calm Down. And I actually like the title lol.

After getting past my initial surprise of "did she really say that in a song?", I am left feeling like the lyrics are very calculated.
Felt like she sat down with an aim to write rhyming lyrics that sounds cool to the internet meme-loving fans and her LGBT fans.
And trying to make it the most quotable lyrics ever.
Just doesn't feel genuine.

Smokyiiis

I read an article where a lot of Hollywood is so over her constant “fights” but really it’s just more trash so I didn’t want to bring it to this site. She could be doing so much good in the world with all her money and instead she continues to fill the airwaves with this kind of constant pettiness

LilUnderwood

Personally I like the song! I think it can be relatable to anyone! Currently I’m going through a job promotion and people around me are freaking out and this song couldn’t have come at a perfect time bahaha!

lolita55

Well it is better than Me. But still an awful song, her music has really gone downhill since she went completely Pop, and it isn’t any better than the other crappy pop music out there.