Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Swift “Lover” as known as TS7 album era

HuiZ

I find that the sound, the songs this era are just not working for me at all. The Christmas song is cute for one listen, but again feels forgettable and boring same old stuff.

Personally really let down by this whole era.

lolita55

I find that the sound, the songs this era are just not working for me at all. The Christmas song is cute for one listen, but again feels forgettable and boring same old stuff.

Personally really let down by this whole era.

I agree. I think this whole Era has been terrible.

jaymiee

I think she chose the cheesiest singles (ME and You Need to Calm Down) but after listening to the album countless times songs like Cornelius Street, Death by a Thousand cuts, Afterglow and Daylight and Lover of course are what make this album great IMO

HuiZ

^ Idk.... I listened to the whole album twice but I feel like the songs either blend into one another or the melody is just not captivating unlike her previous work. Not a fan of listening to the songs more just to make myself like them...

Her relationship songs seem to be still about the beginning or honeymoon stages... I guess I just want to hear more maturity and depth about relationships, coming from a 30 year old who has been steadily dating for few years.

pkslongbeach

I love it!!
I love her voice on it. (Shocking for me!!!)
She and ALW have a knack already for haunting melodies and a twist of phrase. So the collab works really well to me.
Yes, it's long. But I think its a great journey all in one. And again about the voice, there is not a moment where I would prefer a different voice delivering this story.
I would hope and pray that she and her normal producers paid close attention to the way this was produced for the film and the ways in which they recorded her voice.

Sad that the film is being completely panned. But I will say this, TS is being seen as the one light in a very dim film. Though they also admit that she is not enough to make it any better than it is.

ChoctawCountyAffair

Taylor did an interview for Variety and said that Andrea (her mom) has a brain tumor. God this is so sad. I wanted to cry when i read it on Twitter.

txacar

Taylor did an interview for Variety and said that Andrea (her mom) has a brain tumor. God this is so sad. I wanted to cry when i read it on Twitter.

Really sad! I don't know what type of cancer her Mom had in 2015, but it came back about 9 months ago. This is probably connected with that recurrence. Both of Taylor's parents have had cancer. Only 30 years old and she has had to deal with a lot. I get a lump in my throat every time I watch her Christmas video. Bittersweet.

Suellen

I feel so bad for Taylor and her family, I went on YouTube to watch the two videos (Christmas Tree, and the video she did for her mother for Mother’s Day - The Best Day). My prayers and thoughts are with them.

pkslongbeach

A tumor can just be a growth. Hopefully it is that.
I imagine they will try to get a sample of it and test it for cancer. Either way though it likely has to come out which is of course very scary.
I have a co-worker who was recently diagnosed with a tumor on the brain. They were not able to test it without just taking out and then testing it. Luckily it was a successful surgery and the tumor was benign.
Hoping for the best for her whole family.

ChoctawCountyAffair

Really sad! I don't know what type of cancer her Mom had in 2015, but it came back about 9 months ago. This is probably connected with that recurrence. Both of Taylor's parents have had cancer. Only 30 years old and she has had to deal with a lot. I get a lump in my throat every time I watch her Christmas video. Bittersweet.
According to Us Weekly, Andrea has breast cancer

pkslongbeach

I am kind of excited about the televised Taylor concern on Sunday night. I have never watched her in concern or even in a concert setting, so I am pretty interested to see how much she has changed over the years.
Also, because this will be edited to be exactly what they want us to see and hear it will sort of be a perfect version of one of her concerts.
Anyone else excited?

pkslongbeach

I didn't know that Taylor spoke openly about Picture to Burn and the fact that she does not perform it anymore virtually at all.
Her statement was basically that the ways in which she expressed anger at someone, and the words she used, are not the ways she expresses herself today and the song does not reflect that growth and change.
she also stated publicly that it was her that made the changes to the lyrics to avoid the "homophobic slant", and changed the official video as well.
You can still find the original on the internet.
If this is old news, sorry about that. But the lyric had always bothered me in the past. And I am just grateful that she was strong enough to admit publicly why it was inappropriate and that she certainly does not support it now.