Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Swift “Lover” as known as TS7 album era

FanSince04

I cried, I cried and cried on Soon You’ll Get Better. It’s slow, but that resonates with me and the message of the song. You don’t want an experimental song with heavy beats and loud production if you’re talking about your mom having cancer. This was beautiful and heartbreaking!

Smokyiiis

From the entire eighteen songs the only one I liked was Soon You'll Get Better. The others were all just way too immature and over produced for my liking. Don't think she's ever grown up emotionally.

Momin

I thought this was a highlight on the album. It reminds me of two Dixie Chicks songs that I adore: "Lullaby" from Taking the Long Way Around and "Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)" from Home. Both these songs were stripped down with a soft vocal, and violin and a guitar (and maybe another instrument I might be missing). These are some of their most emotional, heartfelt and heart-wrenching songs. I won't be surprised if Taylor had those two songs in mind when she asked them to be on this song because it has a very similar vibe to those two.

For the rest of the album, I actually do like the album. It's exactly what I thought it would be and what Taylor hyped it to be. Except for a couple of songs or three, I enjoyed listening to most of the songs. And I'm excited to go back to them and listen to them carefully now.

Farawayhills

The two most prominent instruments here are Emily's banjo and Martie's fiddle. It's great to hear them again (but also, for me, a poignant reminder of the wasted years of that long wait for the trio to agree on what sound to produce.) I''m wondering if there'll be live performances of this collaboration - as they also have a new album expected some time this year, I should think the chances of them doing guest appearances with each other on at least a couple of occasions are reasonably good). I also wonder if the Chicks will include this song in their own set lists - which would presumably mean Natalie taking the lead vocal. She can impart a different form of sorrow (the vocal in "Voice Inside My Head" being a possible example). However much of the poignancy in "Soon You'll Get Better", especially for fans, lies in the real-life circumstances of her mother's own recurring battle with cancer. That is something the close fans can feel with the singer, in a specially intimate way - and it might be felt that the song is best left to Taylor to express itself.

The initial impact of the song, at least for listeners not already invested in Taylor or her album, is likely to depend on the vocal - and I feel that may be a little divisive. For some, it will appear heartbreaking and wistful - but there are aspects of the delivery that I do find more difficult to take to. One is the almost mechanical rhythm of the semi-spoken lines, especially in the early part of the song - and another is the frequent use of "ooh -ahs" in the choruses. Both are devices I find rather unhelpful in almost any song - but that is just a matter of personal taste. More seriously, perhaps, it often seems to me that Taylor tends to sound as if she's singing rather below her actual age. That may be difficult to explain, but I listen mainly to Country and Roots, where many female singers, regardless of actual age, tend to have a more time-worn quality to their vocal delivery - in comparison to which Taylor's singing often seems to me a little lacking in maturity. That, though, I stress, probably also depends on tastes and listening experience - and may not be apparent to most of the album's audience.

As written, though, the song can touch emotions in anyone who has been through a similarly harrowing time, and faced the up and down emotions of hope and the fear of possible loss. It deserves to be considered widely as a song outside the album - and there is memorable imagery, such as the lines about a prayer-like faith in the medicine bottles, leading on to grasping again at a faith in the Divine. Probing the song and exploring its message is well worth while, even if the album as a whole is not in the listener's general ambit.

jaymiee

After having some time to listen to the album, I have to say Reputation was better. I actually loved every song on reputation and didnt skip any.

My faves from Lover are:
Lover - I think this is the best song on the album to be honest
Cruel Summer - Possibly the only choice for the next single? Although its a Summer song so would have to wait till next summer
Miss Americana - Really love this song
London Boy - Im 50 50 on this one but lately its been stuck in my head

Overall out of 18 tracks I listen to less than half the album....very disappointing for a Taylor album as Ive literally grown up listening to all of her albums from the beginning

pkslongbeach

Any numbers coming in on how the sales are. Obviously they are going to be good compared to other albums. But just curious in general.

Finally listened today. My initial reaction was wow but repeat listens it has changed to so so. It still feels a little immature. She's almost 30 and I expected a little more maturity. There is on some tracks, but some still have juvenile elements. It reminds me of 1989 but these are the rejects from that project. I never liked reputation at all. The single choices out me completely off the entire album.

I really like
cruel summer (although the more you listen, the more it sounds like getaway car)
The man
Death by a thousand cute
Paper rings
Lover.

The first 2 singles were a HUGE mistake and are some of the worst on the album IMO. Should have opened with Lover. I really love the imagery from the era so far.

twaintrain

The more I listen to this album the more I love it. It helps to watch some reaction/decoding videos to get the deeper messages of the songs. I would have been clueless to the double meanings and background stories that have reminded me once again that Taylor is a lyrical genius.

My favorite songs at the moment:
Lover
Death By A Thousand Cuts
Afterglow
Cruel Summer
Soon You’ll Get Better

Last edited:

carriefan14

My favorite tracks from this album are:

I Forgot you existed - i usually like this one, sometimes skip it

Cruel Summer - i love this one!! Hope it becomes a single.

Lover - one of taylor’s best songs to date.

4. The man - catchy. Could be an interesting single.

Cornelia Street - i hope it becomes a single

Death by a thousand cuts - i didn’t like it on 1st listen, now it’s one of my favorites.

Soon you’ll get better - hope it is a single,doubt it though.

Afterglow - i really like this one

False God - cool song!!

pkslongbeach

How are things going with the album? I will assume the concert is of course going great. How has the single Lover been doing? Any new news?

lizcarlo

tidntndhbku31.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/TaylorSwift/comments/dmoxrg/beautiful_ghosts_original_song_for_cats_by_taylor/

Last edited:

HuiZ

Could someone who is following all the Taylor/Scooter/Scott's feud news summarize what's happening?

I see so many headlines popping up recently but am confused with whose version is the reliable one lol.

FanSince04

^ Basically it’s kind of an argument based on technicalities. Taylor says they won’t let her perform songs form her old catalogue (essentially a waste of a performance slot for receiving the Artist of the Decade), but they said they never said that/can’t stop her from performing those songs. The rest is Taylor’s team sharing evidence of them saying she couldn’t perform etc.