Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Swift “Lover” as known as TS7 album era

lizcarlo

Those are great photos. She looked amazing at the Teen Choice Awards as well.

Yes she did look beautiful. I don't know if its intentional or not but she reminds me of Debbie Harry in those vogue pictures. I am loving the style as well.

Last edited:

pkslongbeach

Ha ha ha ha She's about as clingy as the sheet on that wall! Wink!

I continue to feel like her writing style is so trapped in musical clichés that she uses again and again and again and again and agaaaaain….LOver……!

I always like the production around her. I really like the pop sensibility. But then the melody and lyrics have to rise to that level. And it has not been for a while now. There are standouts but the writing style has become too predictable. She has to find a way of getting out of her own head.

I think this album will do well, but I think its going to be a fan album and not an album that brings new people in.

simonplay

I liked the first minute then it gets boring.. also the first 10 seconds reminds me to the beginning of Drinking Alone in concert, the instrumental part.

She used to be great with melodies, like really good, but she kind of lost it, they are not as they used to be in her first 5 albums.

lolita55

In my opinion going full pop has somewhat ruined her as an artists. She is not growing as an artist. She is just going backwards.

jaymiee

Its not what I was expecting...It does give me a good "reminiscing" feeling of old Taylor..but that being said I just feel like it comes up short. Like somethings missing?

Definitely just feels like an album track which is concerning considering the album is titled after this?

HuiZ

Cliche lyrics is right. That's what I feel about all the released tracks so far, even the supposed better ones lyrically like The Archer or Lover.

She's kind of stuck with reusing same type of phrases.

Where has that girl who wrote Tim McGraw, Our Song etc gone to?

simonplay

Cliche lyrics is right. That's what I feel about all the released tracks so far, even the supposed better ones lyrically like The Archer or Lover.

She's kind of stuck with reusing same type of phrases.

Where has that girl who wrote Tim McGraw, Our Song etc gone to?

She is dead... lol

Momin

The tracklist is out (AND THERE IS A SONG WITH THE DIXIE CHICKS):

1. I Forgot That You Existed
2. Cruel Summer
3. Lover
4. The Man
5. The Archer
6. I Think He Knows
7. Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince
8. Paper Rings
9. Cornelia Street
10. Death by a Thousand Cuts
11. London Boy
12. Soon You'll Get Better (featuring the Dixie Chicks)
13. False God
14. You Need to Calm Down
15. Afterglow
16. Me! (featuring Brendon Urie)
17. It's Nice to Have a Friend
18. Daylight

lizcarlo

ldylqieudvg31.jpg

pkslongbeach

I think it's somewhat telling that its 18 tracks. Sometimes for me, this means that there was just a lot of music going on and they just wanted to get it all down. Which means there is a lot of filler and middle of the road. I think with an album like this different people end up liking different things because there is so much to choose from. Kind of Like WOTW for Miranda.

Problem may be that with a whole bunch of average there will be no "I Knew You Were Trouble" in the bunch.