Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Swift “Lover” as known as TS7 album era

lizcarlo

vjjcr7ajxlh31.jpg

qolzogs6ulh31.jpg

lizcarlo

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/taylor-swift-lover-million-copies-before-release-1203307292/

Taylor Swift’s ‘Lover’ Has Sold Nearly a Million Copies Before Release (EXCLUSIVE)

Taylor Swift has not given up on the full-length album as an indicator of success as well as art form, and judging from pre-release sales for “Lover,” which comes out Friday, her belief in the ongoing viability of the format is not in vain.
“The anticipation of this album is extraordinary, with pre-sales quickly approaching one million copies globally,” Monte Lipman, founder and chairman of Republic Records, tells Variety.
Swift’s previous album, 2017’s “Reputation,” was the last album to sell a million copies in the U.S. in its opening week, and all eyes are on “Lover” — her first release since signing with Republic — to reveal whether that’s still an attainable goal this late into the streaming era. The international pre-release tally suggests that it might well be.
“Reputation,” her final Big Machine release, has sold more than 2.2 million copies in America since it came out 15 months ago. The album before it, the five-year-old “1989,” stands at 6.2 million in U.S. sales.
While downward trends for album sales in general make Swift’s first-week tallies hard to predict, the singer has only been trending upward as a touring artist. Her Reputation Stadium Tour broke the record for an American tour gross with $266 million in receipts.
Swift has released four new songs in the run-up to “Lover” — “Me!,” “You Need to Calm Down,” “The Archer” and the title track. She’s set to make a number of appearances this week including a performance on “Good Morning America” and a YouTube livestream. She’s also set to perform on the MTV VMAs on Aug. 26.

HuiZ

Not sure about album content yet, but I really dislike this era's aesthetics. Just saw her online merchandise store. They are... ugly. Can't believe they were designed by "partnering" with Stella McCartney.

Idk.... unicorns and rainbow colours just feel so childish. All the pastels overload is just too much for me. Some items like cat watch look like they are meant for a 5 year old.

lizcarlo

Yeah I don't care for her designs either. I'm assuming she is trying to sell cloths to her young fan base.

I have tried to like Lover song. I really have. To be honest the song is just kind of boring for me.

pkslongbeach

She markets. That has always been her biggest strength. I feel like this era is already considered a great success, almost no matter what happens. The reviews are already written, the numbers are already crunched just by alga rhythms.
We will see how long the era lives. I feel like the whole thing is very front loaded. And after it drops it will be on its way to the next project.
I liked Calm Down, but so far nothing has really stuck out for me. I have only heard "ME" once on the radio and I don't remember it at all.
It feels strange that an entire album era has occurred without the album actually coming out. I guess that is the excitement they are creating to sell a million. Those kinds of headlines are very important to TS. If that doesn't happen she is somehow diminished. And that is sad. We'll see.

jaymiee

I previously said I wasn't a fan of lover....but after listening to it over and over again all weekend I now really like it. I think it's her best song of the 4 so far and gives me hope for the album as a whole

lizcarlo

I love this picture. Its from apple music. Fan posted it so thought I would post here. She said its from Lover music video.

qrrxepx3kuh31.jpg

lizcarlo

Taylor Swift Plans to Re-Record Her Earlier Songs

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Taylor-Swift-Plans-to-Re-Record-Her-Earlier-Songs-20190821

Music superstar Taylor Swift plans to go back into the studio to create new masters for her classic songs, to offset a blockbuster deal that put earlier versions in the hands of music mogul Scooter Braun, she tells Tracy Smith in an interview for CBS SUNDAY MORNING. The interview will be broadcast Sunday, August 25 (9:00 AM, ET) on the CBS Television Network.

Braun, a talent agent with whom Swift has had a contentious relationship, recently bought the right to Swift's masters - and more - when his company acquired Scott Borchetta's Big Machine Label Group in a deal reportedly worth $300 million.

In an in-depth interview that features Swift at home, in the studio and much more, the chart-topping singer-songwriter tells Smith she found out about the deal "when it was online" and that nobody in her inner circle knew of the pending deal. Big Machine officials see it differently.

Smith asks Swift about re-recording the past songs as a way to regain control of her master recordings.

"Might you do that?" Smith asks.

"Oh yeah," Swift says.

"That's a plan?" Smith asks.

"Yeah, absolutely," Swift says.

Swift opens up to Smith about her songwriting process, growing up in the business, addressing her haters in music, her insecurities, her life today and much more. Smith is also behind the scenes for the creation of Swift's new music video and for the release of her new song.

FanSince04

I heard it may not be able to happen the way she thinks. There is usually a clause preventing artists to do such things, BUT Prince has done it. Maybe the clause was put into place AFTER he did that?

simonplay

First impressions:

I Forgot you existed - cringy 6
Cruel Summer - I like this one! 8
The Man - nice 7
I think he knows - meh 4
Miss Americana and the heartbreaker prince - best song in the album 9
Paper Hearts - very up beat, sounds different that the other songs in the album. 7
Cornelia Street - kinda boring 4
Death by a thousand cuts - meh 5
London Boy - nice! 8
Soon you'll get better - lovely, sad and slow. I would never have guessed that the Dixie Chicks were in this track if the tittle didn't say feat Dixie Chicks... lol you can barely hear them, it's like background vocals. 7
False God - kinda boring, monotone. 5
Afterglow - not bad, not great 7
It's nice to have friends - have like a chinese/japan vibe lol I could be in a sanctuary playing with pandas listening this song haha. Weird song. 6
Daylight - not bad 7

Overall almost all the songs sound the same, some people call it cohesive sound, I call it monotone and more so if the album have 18 tracks. I like Reputation more, it was a more "exciting" album.

DaisyTweets

Prior album releases she's always had boyfriend drama. This album cycle its 'made drama' with the record label sale. She's always all about the drama and its always way worse for her than anyone else. This tactic is getting so old and tiresome!!!

HuiZ

Is the album going to be up on streaming a midnight? Reputation was a pain to look for online, I totally gave up listening to it until weeks later. Hope she is not pulling the same nonsense this time of trying to force people to buy to listen to it. I need to know if it's good before paying for something.

HuiZ

Wow. She completely lost me this album. I can't believe it.

At least there was Delicate and maybe 1-2 more tracks on Reputation that kept me interested.

I just had a quick listen through the whole Lover album. It's such a drag for me to go through 18 tracks which sounded like they blended into one another with similar melodies. I HATE the production sound she chose for this album, along with her higher voice. A couple of songs is fine, but she did it the whole album.

What happened to her melodies? They are all so monotonous and boring and uncatchy. Even the hyped up Cruel Summer, The Man, Miss Americana were big letdowns for me.

Soon You'll Get Better is the song that stood out because of lyrics, but even then it's rather forgettable. Nowhere near the epicness of her past sad/emotional ballads.

Literally 0/18 tracks hit home for me. I am shocked. Maybe my taste has changed or I am older now.

I am sure 1 or 2 songs will grow on me once it becomes unavoidable on radio, but for now, no thank you to the album.

lizcarlo

I enjoyed Soon You'll Get Better and Archer. Hate to say this because wanted to like "Lover" as a whole. After listening to it I don't care for it as cd because to be honest it was boring for me. Not that Taylor needs it because her sales before she released cd was so amazing. Good luck to her anyway.