Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Swift “Lover” as known as TS7 album era

Smokyiiis

Earlier someone said how excited they were they were going to get 18 tracks. If I had to listen to 18 tracks like this they’d have to lock me up. I’lL leave y’all to buy and listen to this....not going in my collection.

FanSince04

I don’t know why the video isn’t showing up like it does for others when they post, but here’s the link!

Last edited:

jaymiee

Calm Down is catchy and fun but again...not great. Same can be said for ME! Both are very "kids bop" to me

Hoping these are just fun singles and dont represent the whole album. I still have hope at least some of the 16 other tracks are great songs

pklongbeach

Thanks for posting the video! Loved it! Love the song even more. Yes, its simple and not doing a whole lot of challenging musically. But I don't think that is the point. And I love that she and Katy "pair"! And here is proof that a video can in fact affect the progress of a song. TS does not consider her videos to be just filler. And this video is going to live for a long time. Money very well spent I would say.

gocountrymusic

For me the song is sooo calculated that it takes away from me actually like the song. I'm sure I'll like it more as time passes but right now its detracting away from a rather harmless song. It is interesting that she released two songs so similar in sound. Hopefully the next promotional song will be a more mature sound.

The video was well put together. I detested the whole Katy vs. Taylor on both sides, but I thought the pair was cute together and really worked. My one criticism is a bunch of the people in the video are famous for throwing shade. I loved seeing all the "female" artists in the video standing together I think it fit the line perfectly and at the same time fit the message of the song.

HuiZ

Cute video. Nicely done and imo, helps people connect with the song more. This single might smash thanks to the video and how she is vocal with her LGBTQ support.

Personally, if not because of the video, the song itself burns out on me quickly. Even quicker than "Me!". Best description I have read about the lyrics is that it feels like a mom trying to look cool and hip to younger generation. Cringy and a little embarassing coming from a 30 year old woman.

That said, it's two singles in a row now that I am left wanting more from her. Actually..... since 1989, aside from Delicate or maybe Gorgeous, her songs have been disappointing.
Still waiting for quality writing to appear.

jaymiee

I actually grew to love the reputation album. And now her going from that to kids bop is pretty disappointing

LilUnderwood

I actually grew to love the reputation album. And now her going from that to kids bop is pretty disappointing
Reputation is what made me become a recent fan and so when she announced this new album I got excited! So far I really enjoy You Need To Calm Down. But I’m still left wanting more and I hope the rest of the album doesn’t disappoint

Momin

I think Taylor also doesn't want to constantly feel like she has to outdo herself which is why she stopped caring about how well her songs are crafted lyrically. She just wanted to make songs that resonate with people. I'm pretty sure she is aware of how her current lyrics compare to her previous material.

That being said, she has mentioned in recent interviews that this is more of a singer-songwriter album. Both "Me!" And "You Need to Calm Down" do not demonstrate that. So maybe she's keeping that material for when the album is released.

pklongbeach

Is anyone following her on the charts?
I know her songs are always garnered #1's but I am just curious how they are resonating.

lizcarlo

m4tssun6bc631.jpg

pklongbeach

Boy, that was quick!
Is BiB Top 100 based on spins? Or is it a fuller view of the songs impact (streams/downloads/spinis)

clh_hilary

Is anyone following her on the charts?
I know her songs are always garnered #1's but I am just curious how they are resonating.

"ME!" has been a 'flop' by her standard. It did stay in the Top 10 for a month after peaking at No 2. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", "Shake It Off", and "Look What You Made Me Do" were all multi-week blockbuster No 1 smashes, so people are clearly not resonating with it. "Mine" peaked at No 3 but at that time, she was still country and the song leaked and was released midweek, just like "Love Story" (No 4).

"You Need To Calm Down" has been better received. "...Ready For It" (No 4), "Blank Space" (No 1 during album release week), "Begin Again" (Top 10, but country-only)/"I Knew You Were Trouble." (No 2), "Back To December" (Top 10), "You Belong With Me" (No 2) showed that YNTCD is doing on par with her previous second singles. But it's very, very early to tell, especially with Pride being this month and all, inflating its impact.

The album will still sell well right out of the gate, but she clearly has lost her power to debut No 1 with her singles after the last era. She has always been an album artist however, and whilst both "Mine" and LWTMMD were underperformers, their parent albums still shifted more than a million copies. I think the biggest obstacle for her to extend her million-opening streak right now is the overall climate, since everyone is selling very poorly, and "ME!" also did much less than what LWYMMD did. She also doesn't have groundbreaking streams to push her over the million mark with SPS. I think for now we're still looking at comfortably above half a million units, but I think it will be more like 800k. It's so difficult to tell with the sales market collapsing the rate it has.