Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 10 Best & Worst National Anthems Ever, From Roseanne To Whitney

Gator

When they compare performances of the NA, I wonder if they also consider whether the performances are live or recorded and simply lip-synced? Otherwise, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

wonton

I'm a big fan of Kelly Clarkson, but her version of the NA isn't my favorite, at least in that performance

Happy the writer chose the Dixie Chicks over Whitney, their harmonies are gorgeous!

cpeTN89

Yea I was a little surprised they chose Kelly above Carrie. I love Kellys voice too but when it comes to the NA, I dont think Kelly touches Carrie. But oh well though, everyone entitled to their own opinion.

Carrieflattsfan

Taylor Swift should be on the worst list. Her anthem was horrendous.

This was years ago, but it STILL remains in my mind, because it was so awful. By far the worst I've ever heard.
I do feel a little guilty for posting this, but I feel like I couldn't help it, because this performance instantly popped into my head when I read your post.

wonton

However, my very favorite is Carrie's practice run from last year's Superbowl. She had a little bum note at the end of the actual performance although it was still AMAZING but for the sound check prior to the event it was immaculate in every way imho.

100% agree. Especially love her skill of holding that huge umbrella in the wind.

Claire2004

This was years ago, but it STILL remains in my mind, because it was so awful. By far the worst I've ever heard.
I do feel a little guilty for posting this, but I feel like I couldn't help it, because this performance instantly popped into my head when I read your post.

There's another performance, I think a couple of years earlier. I'm sorry, I too, can not resist posting this. lol

maddkat

Staff member
There's another performance, I think a couple of years earlier. I'm sorry, I too, can not resist posting this. lol

Oh my, I had never heard either of those before.....they're terrible.Her voice really is horrific.
And what's worse is you can tell she thinks she's doing an amazing job.At least Roseanne new she was awful.

JB172

I am not a fan on Whitney's version, I like the national anthem to be sung the way it's suppose to be sung and without all the theatrics that is used at times.

Little Big Town does a beautiful job of singing it.

gran29

I'm a purist when it comes to the NA. If they put in all the runs and threatrics, it takes away from the beauty of the song. I admire those who can sing it the way it is supposed to be sung.

robinannhunt

I am not a fan on Whitney's version, I like the national anthem to be sung the way it's suppose to be sung and without all the theatrics that is used at times.

Little Big Town does a beautiful job of singing it.

QUOTE]

They do a great job. I am liking the groups singing the NA.