Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 10 Best & Worst National Anthems Ever, From Roseanne To Whitney

pklongbeach

WE always come back to this and it always comes back to Carrie in the top 10.
I really think the big thing that people respond to with Carrie is tha accapella rendition.
You can feel how the audience responds to a single voice among a 100,000 singing about the pride in her country. It is very hard to resist.
And couple with that the understated humility and the endless power of breath support, and you have a real proud moment for Americans to share their love for Man and Country.
I think that is why Carries works so well.
Amped up versions and lip-synced versions are entirely to selfish. They only serve to remind us that America is a big Show Boat sometimes.
The raw, tanacious, and well accomplished version will always stir us cause it reminds us of what this country was built on.
Sorry, international fans, I get to pounding my chest sometimes!

I like the billboard one better since Carrie is higher haha. As for the Taylor videos, It should be like outlawed for someone to sing something so meaningful so bad. And I love the Whitney version, I think its amazing and it's the only performance I would place higher than Carrie's

allirishgirl

" to be able to nail it" .........thats Carrie, its what we are used to :) she does spoil us :D

also being a non-American, im even offended by Swiftys NA! almost as offended as if someone sang teh Irish NA in English......an absolute no-no!!!

i liked THh Dixie Chicks

Carrieflattsfan

LOVE when Carrie does the anthem. The Dixie Chicks are amazing, too. They're harmony is unbelievable.

Jordin Sparks & Chris Daughtry have amazing versions too.

I LOVE Christina Aguliera, but I have a feeling a lot of people are going to bash her for her Superbowl performance on Sunday. She loves to oversing everything, and I don't think that serves her well when it comes to singing the National Anthem.

allamericangirl8

You guys are so harsh. I wouldn't put Taylor's rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner on a worst list. It was decent (albeit not amazing). Both versions were pretty decent.

Carrie > almost everybody in this list. I'd put her at number two and Jimi at number one.

teesharky

^ are you kidding me? Taylor's National anthem was not just deserving to be on the top 10 worst list, it should be the number 1 worst anthem of all time! It was horrendous! so off key and pitchy! It was an embarassment!

Christina could be good tomorrow, but she does oversing alot, and I have a bad feeling she might make it way too fancy with riffs and such.

Lucky Christina will likely pre-record it though, so watch she will get better reviews then CArrie did last year....because Carrie went live so it wasn't quite as flawless as her previous versions. But I still think Carrie did very well last year. It was only that last note that was a tiny bit off since it was so loud she couldn't hear herself. But overall, it was great for going live in front of that huge crowd, with all that noise.

pklongbeach

Wow, I have never actually listened to that TS version all the way through.
I don't expect people to pay much attention to her guitar playing when she is in front of an 8 peice band. But alone, it becomes painfully obvious that this girl can not play the guitar. Not only did she pound the hell out of it but her use of chords was so limited she used nothing but about 3 chords all the way through.
I've had to play the piano for the NA for singers many times. And there are many many variable chord choices. but at the very least one would need to be able to use 5 chords.
Her inability to play the proper chords throughout made it all the worse.
And frankly, it's insulting when we have to hear all the time about her musical abilities.
It's just insulting.

sam_vzla

I am not a fan on Whitney's version, I like the national anthem to be sung the way it's suppose to be sung and without all the theatrics that is used at times.

Little Big Town does a beautiful job of singing it.

I agree. Did you see the #10 Best? It's Maya Rudolph's impression of all those over singing and weird things. It's HILARIOUS.

allamericangirl8

I honestly don't think her NA was that bad. Lol. I see I'm in the minority. Maybe it's because her tone never annoyed me. It's her pitchiness that turns me off.

fearless_dancerrr

well, after tonight its safe to say carrie > christina as far as the anthem at the superbowl goes. christina was too focused on adding embellishment to every word she didn't even sing the right words. jeeez, we all know you have a big voice.. now just sing it the right way.

undrwood9098

^^^Agreed. It's obvious that Carrie's topped Xtina's.

Xtina lost the lyrics on the biggest stage in the world, and she sounded absolutely awful. Her performance will be included on a "Worst National Anthems ever" list in the very near future.