Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 10 Best & Worst National Anthems Ever, From Roseanne To Whitney

Carrieflattsfan

I feel bad for Christina, she must feel like an idiot right now. Her career was already suffering; this is probably the worst thing that could've happened. :(

There's no excuse to mess up the national anthem, but we already know it doesn't always bring out the best of every artist.

JB172

Even if she would have got the words right it still would have been bad, forgetting the words just made it even worse that what it already was.

She usually does a good job singing it too.

DaisyTweets

I find it interesting that last year Carrie was dressed in white and this year Christina was dressed in black! Do you think it was done on purpose?

thunder92

They are so fabulous. Probably one of my favorites. Carrie always has an amazing anthem. I wonder who told Taylor that little guitar diddy was a good idea? That was just terrible.

Christina has such a great voice if she would have just sang it straight through it would have been fine. She didn't need 20 different runs. that's probably what made her forget the words.

i agree. I even forgot the words as i was watching it...not that i dont know them, but she was throwing me off lol

pklongbeach

Ahhhh, Woooowww!
I agree with JB, it wasn't even the forgetting the words that was the worst part of that.
It was the desperate screaming. She kept no beat or metter what so ever. It's no wonder she forgot the words. she wasn't even paying attention to the words she was singing. It was completely void of any emotion. That was all Diva Drama.
Truth be told, I was alittle afraid this would happen to Carrie. That is, that the venue would be so big and loud and distracting that she would feel the need to try to sing over the crowd. If you remember Carrie sang a pretty amped up version herself.
But she has so much power that just when you thought she was overpowered by the song, she rose to the occation and brought it home.
Poor Miss Aguilera basically got chewed up by that song and got spit out.
All the stopping, all the gasping. All the reving up for huge notes that were then just screaming.
That last note was almost a half note off. It was a wreck.
And she knew it.

pklongbeach

That one may be making future lists.
And I can't really feel sorry for her. she is a good singer. She should know her instrument well enough to know how to do the best job possible. And screaming at the top of your lungs in very distorted tones is not the best she could have done.

undrwood9098

Those incessant runs...
Just, why? I understand that's how she sings (the runs and the over-the-top theatrics), but why did she screw that up so badly? She could've kept it simple...

And as if that wasn't enough, I totally remembered just now that Black Eyed Peas are the halftime show. POTTY BREAK!

mlawlor

Is it just me or do all the flags behind Christina make it look like she's backed by the French tricolor? lol

BTW We should push extra hard on Ottawa to get Carrie to sing the SSB at the hockey All-Star Game in Ottawa next year. Apparently, this year Clay Aiken did the SSB, and another group did the Canadian anthem, so I don't think there should be a problem of Carrie not knowing the words to O Canada

MelissaD

As a Christina fan, I will tell you that the reason why she peppers in all of those unnecessary runs and riffs is because she has a hard time with the big notes (the "RED GLAAAAAAAAAAARE" and the "land of the FREEEEEEEE"), so she tries to overcompensate with melisma. That performance was just embarrassing. She has never had a good performance of the song in her career, but this one was the worst. She tried WAY too hard.

The "BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE" note was EMBARRASSING. So out of tune. :(

She sang half a step lower than Carrie btw.

JB172

As a Christina fan, I will tell you that the reason why she peppers in all of those unnecessary runs and riffs is because she has a hard time with the big notes (the "RED GLAAAAAAAAAAARE" and the "land of the FREEEEEEEE"), so she tries to overcompensate with melisma. That performance was just embarrassing. She has never had a good performance of the song in her career, but this one was the worst. She tried WAY too hard.

The "BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE" note was EMBARRASSING. So out of tune. :(

She sang half a step lower than Carrie btw.

I agree she was trying way to hard and seemed like she over thought what she was going to do.