Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Gay Rights Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lstname89

People are always wondering why SOME gay/bi people are always so upset with the world, or abuse drugs and alcohol.

This is a big reason...

No one likes feeling unwanted!

jeff

just another fan
sorry some of you feel sad about this.

however, this issue has just been too divisive on this board. political issues are just not meant for this board. if i continue to allow those signatures, then i will also have to allow people putting up signatures that oppose same-sex marriages. it's just too much 'us' against 'them. I won't be allowing any new threads that are political in nature or have a potential to be divisive from now on. stuff like this is taking up way too much of my time.

there are plenty of message boards elsewhere for you to talk all the issues you want.

Lstname89

This has nothing to do with politics..

The difference between me posting a picture of two guys who just got married, and a pic of someone against marriage equality is mine isn't being hateful...

jeff

just another fan
well, it is a hot topic that has been politicized in today's world. and is a divisive issue. ideally it won't be divisive. i hope for the day it isn't divisive. but right now it is.

its not just same-sex marriage. how about abortion, death penalty, euthanasia etc? Allow all? Allow some? I have to decide what it hateful or not?

I guess some of you are too new to this site, but we tried allowing some of this stuff during the last election round, and it was a hot mess, and there's no way I'm going to let that happen again. To be fair, this time around things are a lot better, but still too much for the mods to deal with.

S

seantrainor

"When you figure out love is all that matters after all, it sure makes everything else, seem so small." That's all. :)

gaycarebear

well, it is a hot topic that has been politicized in today's world. and is a divisive issue. ideally it won't be divisive. i hope for the day it isn't divisive. but right now it is.

its not just same-sex marriage. how about abortion, death penalty, euthanasia etc? Allow all? Allow some? I have to decide what it hateful or not?

I guess some of you are too new to this site, but we tried allowing some of this stuff during the last election round, and it was a hot mess, and there's no way I'm going to let that happen again. To be fair, this time around things are a lot better, but still too much for the mods to deal with.

Well, I guess we can blame Carrie for this =/

carebear4eva

OMG. You guys have received a ton of support from most of the people on this site, and this is how you react because your siggys got removed?

This, I have to agree with. I'm hardly upset. First Carrie herself told me she supported me. Then, over 75% of CFs poured out their love and support.

I'm not an optimistic person, but it's hard for me to see the dark side here. Yes, there was a large amount of "burn in hell", but at least I'm no longer wondering "I wonder if Person X thinks I'm filthy".

The only sad part is the rather unexpected decision that the mods have taken with regards to restricting the conversation over a quote made by Carrie herself. Let me be clear, I FULLY GET THAT THEY ARE MAINTAINING THE ORDER OF THIS FORUM SO THAT IT CAN SERVE ITS ORIGINAL PURPOSE.

I guess I'm just disappointed that the situation is such that we must shut our own voices in order to keep stability. To me, it seems a little bit like caving into the pressure. But that's just my opinion.

Lstname89

OMG. You guys have received a ton of support from most of the people on this site, and this is how you react because your siggys got removed?

The pictures represent something we all want (but can't have), and having them removed was like having that ripped from our hands.

It's much like a slap in the face, really..

The staff is supposed to represent the board as a whole, and it casts a huge ugly shadow on the board as a whole when something like this happens!

opry051008

There are people on both sides of the argument on this board so by taking down all siggys that are political (not just ones related to this subject) everyone will be represented equally.

Carrie&Taylor

Does not supporting gay marriage make you a Carrie hater? Did I miss something? I don't care for Taylor having all these rap guys bumping and grinding on stage in front of all these little girls , but I'm still a big fan of hers.

carebear4eva

Does not supporting gay marriage make you a Carrie hater? Did I miss something? I don't care for Taylor having all these rap guys bumping and grinding on stage in front of all these little girls , but I'm still a big fan of hers.

Can you please quote the post that inspired this question?

opry051008

No one is calling anyone a Carrie hater. Some are just venting because their siggys were taken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.