Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Gay Rights Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercarriefan

The pictures represent something we all want (but can't have), and having them removed was like having that ripped from our hands.

It's much like a slap in the face, really..

The staff is supposed to represent the board as a whole, and it casts a huge ugly shadow on the board as a whole when something like this happens!

The mods' job is to keep things running in the best way possible around here. They do it well. They did let the original thread containing Carrie's comment go on for over 40 pages. Some people proved they couldn't have a civil discussion on the issue, so now the mods have to be careful so as not to have the whole board in a fight over the issue.
Honestly, I get that you are upset, but it was just a photo. They allowed your Carrie quote to stay in the siggy. That still says what you want to say. The mods have also let this thread stay open.

Lstname89

No one is calling anyone a Carrie hater. Some are just venting because their siggys were taken down.

Venting and drinkin'!!;)

It seems like no big deal to many, but its a huge deal when it impacts you.

Yes, it was a small ordeal to remove the pictures, but it's also a HUGE reminder of how many in the country feel about gay/bi people.

It brings up pain that I try to bury daily.

opry051008

Venting and drinkin'!!;)

It seems like no big deal to many, but its a huge deal when it impacts you.

Yes, it was a small ordeal to remove the pictures, but it's also a HUGE reminder of how many in the country feel about gay/bi people.

It brings up pain that I try to bury daily.

Yes, it's a big deal to you. But it's also a big deal to someone on the opposite side of the argument.

This isn't just about you guys, it's about showing everyone on this board respect. That's all.

Go have that drink and know that there's a lot of us on here that support you with or without your siggy.

bearball49

Some parts of the United States indeed are hugely conservative...But on the bright side, at least the other parts are pretty much leading the world . ;)

Having lived in upstate NY, I can say they seem pretty tolerant of differences. Living in Charlitte, NC not at all. I invited a male friend to dinner at my home. My daughter and her partner were there as well. Maybe it was mean of me, but I never saw reason to let someone know ahead of time that someone is of a different race or sexual orientation. I feel if they are invited into my home, they have similar moral values and are good company....THAT is what should matter. My daughter is a white female age 41, her partner is a black man age 58. He is a very devout Christian and a good person. Imagine my surprize when my male friend (a life long resident age 66), is almost rude to my daughter's partner. He told me afterward that Slim seemed like a nice man but his daughter was raised better than that. She knows if she were to bring home a black friend, she would be disowned. Now, in defense.....50 years ago was the first interracial marriage in the small upstate NY town where I am from. The father did disown the daughter, but much has changed since then. Little thought is given to interracial marriage there now. My own uncle was a life long bigot but when his only grandson had an interracial marriage, it did not take him long to change his mind, especially when thy gave him his first great grandson. Equality will happen, but hatred may continue for quite a while. I have read the stories here and feel the pain of you folks. What you are going through is every bit as painful as the life I lived growing up in the 60's the victim of both sexual and violent pnysical and emotional abuse. I do think suffering like that makes us better people as we know how it feels and seem to really look out for the downtrodden in any way we can. I know how not to treat people and try to remember to always show love, compassion and value each person by how they treat others. You can and will find a way to be happy. Remember you are loved by friends, family, folks here and God. If you need help, please find a support group. You deserve happinesd and love......EVERYONE does. Tolerance is very slow but rest assured you are not alone. There are signs things are changing. In the Charlotte schools, children are told what families are....a mother and a father, two mommies or two daddies......I am sure some are choking on it, but it s a start

Last edited:

Lstname89

Sobriety is for the birds.. Just thought I would point that out.

Life's too short to take anything sooooo seriously!

So yall deleted my photo, I can look at gayness anytime. Afterall I'm in a gay relationship. Ugh.. I do wish there was a better name. Gay sounds so well gay, lol why can we call it being a "real man" or controlling the population the proper way instead of killing off all the ugly ignorant people who CAN (but shouldn't) procreate??

carebear4eva

So yall deleted my photo, I can look at gayness anytime. Afterall I'm in a gay relationship. Ugh.. I do wish there was a better name. Gay sounds so well gay, lol why can we call it being a "real man" or controlling the population the proper way instead of killing off all the ugly ignorant people who CAN (but shouldn't) procreate??

You're really drunk, aren't you? :)

S

seantrainor

YOU'RE DRUNNKKKK!! :p Lol.

clh_hilary

I hope my signature is alright now, then, considering it doesn't contain more than one known gay person.

How can I make it smaller though?

Lstname89

"She'll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain"

Yes that pic as fine as it doesnt break the "no more then one gay person per picture" rule!

Status
Not open for further replies.