Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Voice

TOPDOG1001

Sad story and I feel for him, I just didn't love his version. :( I actually liked Danny Gokey's version more. :hiding

carriecountrystar

I just saw Jeff and Danny's performance of JTTW and I have to give it to Danny. Jeff sang it .. but idk, it just felt flat even though I know he connects to the song. It just didn't show through the vocals while Danny's version was more soulful like and soothing and yet powerful at the same time.

cpeTN89

Have to give it up for Javier....best cover I think I have ever heard of "angel". I think he probably has this competition in the bag.

I also really loved Vicci Martinez tonight too. Totally wasn't expecting her to do "Jolene" but she really blew me away with it.

I am a huge fan of Casey Weston as well. I think she has a real unique tone to her voice. It just sucks she is on Adam's team because it will most likely be Javier getting America's save and Adam will probably choose Jeff next week. But who knows? He might pick her, I definitely wouldn't complain.

Kizmet311

As a whole I'm liking the girls much better on The Voice than the guys. I was thrilled that Blake saved Dia and Xenia. His guys have good voices but there are already a hundred singers out there just like both of them. Dia and Xenia are so different and seem sweet as can be. I think Blake knows and feels they need a little more coaching than his guys did. I was also happy with Christina's choices last night. While her young girls had good voices I just didn't care for either of their performances. Christina was trying to make the little Castro girl into a mini J.Lo and I don't think it showcased her voice at all. The other girl just seemed to have a blah personality and stage presence. Frenchie and Beverly are so out of the box and so different, just on looks alone, that it was exciting to see them make it. I really thought Christina would keep the little Castro girl, but I was so glad she picked Frenchie.

As for Cee-Lo's team. Vicci and Nakia have the best voices hands down. I didn't care for Curtis's performance of Addicted to Love AT ALL and the only thing those sisters have going for them is their looks. I don't care that much one way or the other for Nakia but he has a great voice and I love Vicci. She killed Jolene last night.

Adam has a great team, but I certainly hope that Casey and Javier make it through. Javier's voice is amazing and his song choice is great too! Loved when he did Time After Time on his audition and Angel was amazing last night. I just love Casey's voice and I could really see her doing well on her performances as she continues to grow more comfortable on stage. Jeff is just okay even though he has a good voice - he isn't different and he won't make it in the industry. The other little guy that my husband says looks like Chicken Little sang one of my favorite songs last night but he also is just okay. I would be very disappointed if he got picked over Casey. I'm worried about America voting for Jeff because of his mother and I hope it doesn't happen, because I think Casey and Javier are the best and would give Adam the best chance of winning.

Carrieflattsfan

There is a Twitter campaign for Javier right now- he's number 11 on Itunes.
If you haven't, go buy his cover of "Angel." Top ten here we come!

twaintrain

I really like The Voice.

Hands down best is Javier. He gives me chills every time he sings. Absolutely amazing. I've bought "Angel" and "Time After Time" on I-Tunes and listened to them over and over.

I also like Casey and hope she makes it through.

Carrieflattsfan

I saw Cee-Lo & Adam got to perform with their teams, but I haven't seen anything about Christina's team.
Anyone know if she performed last night?

thaifood

I really like The Voice.

Hands down best is Javier. He gives me chills every time he sings. Absolutely amazing. I've bought "Angel" and "Time After Time" on I-Tunes and listened to them over and over.

I also like Casey and hope she makes it through.

I tought Javier was good, but he oversang that song & almost beat it to death.

twaintrain

I tought Javier was good, but he oversang that song & almost beat it to death.

When I saw the clip before he sang I thought "oh no he's going to over do it," but when he sang it, man, it was just amazing. He is the only person that gives me chills every time he sings.

Carrieflattsfan

When I saw the clip before he sang I thought "oh no he's going to over do it," but when he sang it, man, it was just amazing. He is the only person that gives me chills every time he sings.

I agree with everything you said. Javier has such soul & range to his voice he could oversing anything. But he managed to make the song his own without overdoing it. I thought his rendition was beautiful and emotional.
He is an incredible talent. Love hearing him sing.

dsfox2009

Any body watch The Voice tonight? My predictions for the final 4 are Frenchie, Dia, Vicci, and Javier. Although, personally, I would replace Javier with Casey Weston if I was allowed to pick. Don't get me wrong, Javier is good. But man, radio NEEDS a voice like Casey's right now. Her version of I Will Always Love You? Beautiful. Javier is ok, but he seems to be doing the same thing over and over again, and I don't see where he would fit when it comes to today's music...

Xenia is also very good, but she's just not quite there yet. Dia is ready to be an artist. Xenia needs a little more time to get comfortable with herself. I love Beverly, but Frenchie is a shoe-in for the finals after tonight. And Vicci? I could see her going down a path similar to Pink. After her performance of F*ckin' Perfect, it's hard not to! But her version of Jolene was amazing too. Hard to pick one standout altogether, but I have a gut feeling that Javier will take it. His name is already all over the place, so it's kind of given that it's his.

quincyeyes

I did.

Right now - Itunes all-genre:
19. Javier Colon - Fix You (Eligible song)
22. Dia Frampton - Losing My Religion (Eligible song)
37. Vicci Martinez - Dog Days Are Over (Eligible song)
45. Dia Frampton - Heartless (I don't think this will count as a vote for tomorrow but it still shows her popularity)
61. Javier Colon - Angel (Again, I don't think it will count for tomorrow but I'm not certain)
62. Xenia - The Man Who Couldn't Be Moved (Eligible song)
90. Vicci Martinez - Jolene (Same as the prior two entries)
91. Casey Weston - I Will Always Love You (Eligible song)
98. Beverly McClellan - The Thrill Is Gone (Eligible song)
106. Xenia - Price Tag (last week's song)
127. Nakia - Whataya Want From Me (Eligible song)
131. Javier Colon -Time After Time (prior performance)
147. Casey Weston - Black Horse and the Cherry Tree (last week's performance)
192. Frenchie Davis - Like a Prayer (Eligible song)

Ok - so I have to go see if sales for songs other than the ones they sang tonight count as votes. Anyway, from this so far it seems clear what 3 of the results will be imo:
Team Adam: Javier Colon
Team Cee Lo: Vicci Martinez
Team Blake: Dia Frampton

I don't think it is quite as clear for Team Christina. I think Beverly's sales have been better on itunes than Frenchie's and are again tonight SO FAR (only 12:55 est) but for me Frenchie just slayed it tonight. I like Beverly but I was so impressed with Frenchie - especially the second half of the performance. I think Cee Lo really wants Vicci to go through so I don't think that will be an issue. I think Adam likes Casey but Javier will have the votes in the bag and Adam is no fool as far as wanting his person to win the entire thing and imo Javier may have some competition in the person of Dia Frampton. I think Dia will get the votes and that she will get Blake's support also. I personally love, love, love the tone of Xenia's voice. She needs some help with stage presence but her voice is perfect. I could really listen to her sing anything. I think Christina may (just a guess) support Frenchie with her vote b/c I think she sees Frenchie as someone who should have been recognized long ago. I could be wrong - I think she sincerely adores both Frenchie and Beverly. I don't think someone from Team Christina can win based on what I have seen so far on Itunes and how that has corresponded with results. I think it will come down to Javier and Dia with hopefully Vicci not pulling votes from Dia. I would like to see a woman win one of these competitions for a change.

Ok - so I went and read the rules and the "eligible songs" (I edited above) are the songs sung tonight and purchases of those songs alone count as votes for tomorrow's results. However, the judges are of course not blind and have been checking out the itunes rankings and that may factor into the scores they put down tonight. It may also factor into people using other voting methods. For example, someone loves Xenia but sees that Dia's song is selling more at itunes so that person may vote more through purchases or other methods of voting and get his/her friends to vote more, etc. Or someone is really more of a fan of the coach than the singers and really want say Cee Lo's team to win so they see Vicci having an edge at itunes so they may throw their votes behind her insuring that she makes it to the finals where she will have a chance for the win. Just food for thought.

As always, jmho.

hjj

I enjoyed the show. Do think that after they get to this point the team vote should go away, so the best 4 singers can get through.

cpeTN89

So, Who watched the finals last night? I really thought everyone did great and its really hard to choose. I am really surprised that the best in my opinion from each team made it to the top. Usually I am unhappy with at least one or two people in the top 4 on idol. So, that is definitely a plus.

Like I said it is really tough for me to decide who should win because I think all 4 of them have certain qualities that really make them stand out. Vicci in my opinion can put emotion into a song like no other. Javier just has an impeccable voice. Beverly has a lot of charisma and could just rock out and work an audience like crazy. And Dia is very creative and has a lot of artistry. I really don't think I would be too disappointed with any of them taking the win to be honest.

Based on i-tunes, it looks like Dia and Javier may be neck to neck for taking the win with Dia @ #1 and Javier @ #2 at the moment. Definitely excited to see who will take it tonight. I am not too excited to hear that Dia will be performing with Miranda though. I like ML but Dia deserves to sing with someone who has a lot more "stature" than ML. The only reason ML is performing with her is because of Blake and that is not fair to Dia at all. I mean Javier is going to perform with legendary Stevie Nicks and Dia is stuck performing with ML just because of Blake. Like I said, Totally not fair.

So, what do you all think?

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
^I'm pretty sure Dia has a considerable lead on Javier. Though they are #1 and #2 now, early this morning I was checking how the Voice performances were affecting RM and I noticed that Dia was #1 and Javier was #4 or #5.

carriecountrystar

So, Who watched the finals last night? I really thought everyone did great and its really hard to choose. I am really surprised that the best in my opinion from each team made it to the top. Usually I am unhappy with at least one or two people in the top 4 on idol. So, that is definitely a plus.

Like I said it is really tough for me to decide who should win because I think all 4 of them have certain qualities that really make them stand out. Vicci in my opinion can put emotion into a song like no other. Javier just has an impeccable voice. Beverly has a lot of charisma and could just rock out and work an audience like crazy. And Dia is very creative and has a lot of artistry. I really don't think I would be too disappointed with any of them taking the win to be honest.

Based on i-tunes, it looks like Dia and Javier may be neck to neck for taking the win with Dia @ #1 and Javier @ #2 at the moment. Definitely excited to see who will take it tonight. I am not too excited to hear that Dia will be performing with Miranda though. I like ML but Dia deserves to sing with someone who has a lot more "stature" than ML. The only reason ML is performing with her is because of Blake and that is not fair to Dia at all. I mean Javier is going to perform with legendary Stevie Nicks and Dia is stuck performing with ML just because of Blake. Like I said, Totally not fair.

So, what do you all think?

if Dia particularly wanted to sing with a country artist, should have asked someone with more prominent stature and credibility to name. One that has been huge in country music like Faith Hill or Carrie.
You look at STEVIE NICKS and then Miranda. lol. obviously Blake influenced this choice quite a bit.

Kizmet311

My husband and I have been watching the Voice from the get go and we have been hooked all season. I have been pretty much dead on with the final eight and again with the final four. The only one I was uncertain of in the final four was Team Christina, but I'm glad Beverly got in. I really didn't like Frenchie's performance of Like A Prayer so that put Beverly ahead.

I love Javier's voice and I have loved all of his performances up to last night because they weren't songs you expected him to sing. You would expect him to sing something more R&B or urban and I love that he didn't. However, I was disappointed last night because the song was more of an R&B feel and highly produced song and I don't want to see him be taken down the path of being another Babyface or Ne-Yo. I bought all of his songs except for the original song. I'll probably get around to buying it soon, but I'm pulling for Dia and couldn't buy anything else before voting was over. :)

As for Dia - I love her. She and Xenia have kind of had me from the get go with their quietness and their unique voices. Plus, I do love how Blake seems to have taken on a "Papa Bear" kind of role with them. My husband and I both voted online and on the phone 10 times last night, and my husband told me this morning tha the called in 10 more votes from his work phone before voting closed. We also both bought "Inventing Shadows" on our individual iTunes accounts. And we were both up until just after midnight trying to see how high Dia and Javier were getting on iTunes. It's been a lot of fun to watch and to have my husband watch, because he refuses to watch Idol. I think he really likes the coaches and their dynamic (except for Christina, lol). Plus my husband likes "different" voices and music, so I think Dia appealed to him, although we both agree that Javier is awesome too.

Oh, and we both like Vicci a lot, but when it comes to choosing, we have to go with Dia. I like Beverly as well, but I just don't think she would stand a chance in the music industry. She's too old school, like Bo Bice.

The only thing I find funny is how experienced some of these singers were before the Voice. I know it happens, even on Idol, and as long as they are unsigned now they're eligible, but I looked Dia up this morning on wikipedia and she and her sister have already released several albums and EP's. One of them was even under Warner Bros, which is a major label, and they just released their last CD in April of this year!

With that said, the one thing that really made me love the Voice more than Idol is that there were no "bad" auditions. They were serious about giving musicians a chance, and for some a second or third chance at a music career. Other than some of the judges banter getting off track and the obvious product placement in the "social media" room, it has been all about finding a special artist. And as for the critiques, the judges aren't really supposed to tear these artists down, but they are more of a coach and not a judge, so it wouldn't be expected to be the same as Idol.