Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Voice

12russ79

I love Dia also i think she is gonna be huge and to top it all off she is very sweet and humble..... She very much reminds me of Carrie in that regard(!) Not as talented as Carrie but then who is.. I love the tone and texture of her vocals..... I bought her song to support her and it looks like im not the only one... LOL

JB172

Either Javier or Dia will win, personally I would go with Javier but I think that Dia is going to win.

Going to miss tonight's show because I will be at the U2 concert.

quincyeyes

I will be happy if Dia wins. I didn't buy her song or vote but I didn't do that for any of them. I did not like her original song or Javier's. I thought Vicci and Beverly slayed their original songs last night - they are the powerhouse performers imho. I like Dia's voice and Javier's voice better than the other two I guess. I like Xenia's voice the best. The Voice producers went and searched for people for the show in a different way than open auditions like Idol and that is why most of them have a lot of experience. Blake has been sweet with Dia and Xenia. Adam has been an a$$ at times. I love how he said at the beginning when they were still in the turning chairs phase when they turned someone down that the person was good and probably would win Idol but they rejected whomever it was - can't remember. Then later Jeff Jenkins from Adam's team sings JTTW and it is mentioned how difficult the song is to sing and imho Jeff did not do a good job with it even though he sounded ok on other songs. I love Christina (sorry folks). Her voice is epic for me (not Carrie but she is great) but unfortunately she does not come off well much of the time. In fact, I doubt I would have even started watching the show if Christina was not on it.

Anyway, I hope that at some point Xenia puts out an album.

carriecountrystar

Dia is #1 on Itunes and Javier #2 at the moment!

I don't think AI contestants have ever gotten this high on i-tunes. I'm impressed how they were able to nab #1 spots on all genre chart!

Carrieflattsfan

Honestly, I'm shocked that Dia was able to move ahead of Javier.
All of his studio recordings from "The Voice" have been top ten on Itunes & no other contestant has been anywhere in sight.
I still hope Javier wins, and he has so much support behind him. Such an incredible voice & he's so humble.
:)

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Ok, I just checked the popularity bars and Dia looks to have above a 30% lead on Javier.

One more indicator is the number of review for last night's solo performances:

Dia - 9662
Javier - 5677
Vicki - 2723
Beverly - 2230

Last edited:

twaintrain

Ok, I just checked the popularity bars and Dia looks to have above a 30% lead on Javier.

One more indicator is the number of review for last night's solo performances:

Dia - 9662
Javier - 5677
Vicki - 2723
Beverly - 2230

I used to think that about American Idol songs but Haley always had much more reviews than Scotty and Lauren, but you know how that worked out.

I just wonder how much buying songs reflects voting. I mean, people are probably more willing to call for free than buy a song.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
I used to think that about American Idol songs but Haley always had much more reviews than Scotty and Lauren, but you know how that worked out.

I just wonder how much buying songs reflects voting. I mean, people are probably more willing to call for free than buy a song.

True but with the Voice, buying the song counts as a vote. So that would seem to be a realistic indicator of the vote.

carriecountrystar

^ so if Haley were on The Voice competing with Scotty and Lauren, she might have had a better chance of winning based on the songs bought. could have very well won for that matter!

I think this is a smart way to count the support towards contestants. it shows just how much the public is willing to pull support for a contestant to actually buy the song. better count as well.

twaintrain

True but with the Voice, buying the song counts as a vote. So that would seem to be a realistic indicator of the vote.

Yeah, I just really want Javier to win and don't want to believe he won't! lol I think he definitely has the best voice. Dia is the most original as far as arrangements, but I don't think she is anywhere close vocally. She's my 2nd fave though.

GumbyJRH

Congrats to Javier! Even though, I wanted Dia to win.. they are all so talented, it really didn't matter, :eek:

OkieChick

So glad Javier won! He and Dia were my favorites but I thought Javier was better and Dia's (don't know what to call it - lack of?) breath control was really evident. But she has a great tone to her voice, if she can just work on the breathing thing. On the finals night I loved the duet with Dia and Blake and Beverly and Christina were my 2nd favorite duet. Javier's original song was my favorite and then Dia. All in all, I love this show and really like the format.

Kizmet311

Well, wanted to Dia to win, but I love Javier too. He has an EP on iTunes and it is very mellow. Those are the kinds of songs I like to hear him sing, not his original song from last night. Dia has a TON of music on iTunes from her group with her sister, Meg & Dia.