Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Black Cadillacs On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

liz278

I was at Target last week and there were several (5-6) Blown Away CDs, and a couple Play On CDs. Went back today and all but 1 of the CDs were gone. I hope that means people bought the CD for Easter basket :)

Marv

KKGO is the most-listened to country station in the nation followed by KPLX & WUSN, so a handful of spins will frequently be plenty to get a song onto the charts.

That chart which Gator provided is the correct one, although Carrie will pass 'Better Dig Two' to move into second place on the YTD spins chart before Hunter Hayes passes her this week.

However, when you include spins for the first seven weeks of the 2013 chart year which began on Nov. 11th, Carrie's in the top ten, but still trails Little Big Town, Hunter, Jason, Gary and The Band Perry, whose new CD comes out tomorrow, not to mention 'One Of These Nights'.

Keep an eye out for the terrific singles from Lee Brice & Chris Young, both of which have been climbing the charts somewhat slower than TBC did (being a format superstar does have its perils and tribulations my friends), and both of which ​could conceivably pass her in the weeks to come.

liveasong

6957814_460s_v3.jpg

Ann055

So, Justin Timberlake is sending a remix of Suit & Tie to country radio....saw a tweet yesterday with an ad...

Guess was April Fool's...

clh_hilary

Florida-Georgia Line's Cruise has been released with a Pop remix featuring Nelly. The new version is now at an astonishing #3 position on iTunes, with a real chance to actually go further to snatch P!nk's wig. The original Country album version is now at #40 and under normal circumstances Billboard shall treat it as the same song, like Carrie's original I Told You So along with the new version featuring Randy Travis.

It is #60 on overall airplay with more than 30.502 million Audience Impression registered.

With Blake Shelton's Sure Be Cool If You Did selling way weaker than FGL's, and that the former is free-falling on airplay, I believe FGL will be the highest-charting 'Country' song on the Hot 100 this coming week. But I wonder if it'll claim another week at #1 on Hot Country Songs, now that it's obvious that most of its points (airplay & sales) come from its Pop mix, not the original Country version?

clh_hilary

What about 22? Or did Billboard not classify it as country?

Yes, Billboard does not consider 22 Country and thus it never charted on Hot Country Songs despite its strong initial sales. Red, however, has already been crowded a #2 Country smash.

The Pop-exclusive single has also not been sent or promoted to Country radio so by no means it could be considered her current Country single.

thunder92

Florida-Georgia Line's Cruise has been released with a Pop remix featuring Nelly. The new version is now at an astonishing #3 position on iTunes, with a real chance to actually go further to snatch P!nk's wig. The original Country album version is now at #40 and under normal circumstances Billboard shall treat it as the same song, like Carrie's original I Told You So along with the new version featuring Randy Travis.

It is #60 on overall airplay with more than 30.502 million Audience Impression registered.

With Blake Shelton's Sure Be Cool If You Did selling way weaker than FGL's, and that the former is free-falling on airplay, I believe FGL will be the highest-charting 'Country' song on the Hot 100 this coming week. But I wonder if it'll claim another week at #1 on Hot Country Songs, now that it's obvious that most of its points (airplay & sales) come from its Pop mix, not the original Country version?

I feel like it will be on the hot country songs. It shouldn't be, but it will

clh_hilary

I feel like it will be on the hot country songs. It shouldn't be, but it will

I agree. And to be honest it'd be unfair to them not to, considering they have included Taylor Swift's We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, which was receiving virtually no Country airplay, and all sales comes from the Pop version of the track (the Country version was not released to iTunes).

Marv

Adrian--The time difference is indeed important: 6PM in Melbourne=12 noon the following day here in Los Angeles, so don't despair if no one replies to your posts as quickly as you'd like.

I believe that her company apart from the first single (Good girl) that was released in last year's February intended to release Blown away as the second single. But i have 2 questions:
Was the fact that Carrie's record company released the first 4 singles (of blown away album) in the arithmetic order (sequence) of the album setlist a coincidence (something that occured accidentally)??
Did her record company had in mind what singles to release since the release of the Blown away?? I mean back in May that the Blown away album was released her company KNEW (inside information) what the 4 or 5 (remains to be seen) songs were to be released and with the exact order??