Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Black Cadillacs On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

clh_hilary

Wait, wut? How? Is this just a one day glitch or is this unusual?

It was a normal eighth day effect especially considering it had a Clear Channel deal.

Out of all the CC-assisted singles (ie Taylor Swift's We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, the Zac Brown Band's The Wind, Brad Paisley's Southern Comfort Zone, Tim McGraw's Truck Yeah, Jason Aldean's Take A Little Ride, Kenny Chesney & Tim McGraw's Feel Like A Rock Star), only Aldean's had managed to go #1 on Country airplay, so we shall see if Boys 'Round Here would actually break the #1 streak Blake Shelton currently enjoys.

Chesney's Pirate Flag had a huge debut on the charts but I'm not sure if it actually had a CC deal - In any case, it has yet to hit #1 as well.

TBC sold 31000 copies in the last week. It has totally sold 629000 in the USA so far. Do you think it will ever become Platinum??
When can it possibly it certified Platinum?? until August??
Will it be able to sell enough copies once it falls off the country airplay top 30??

clh_hilary

TBC sold 31000 copies in the last week. It has totally sold 629000 in the USA so far. Do you think it will ever become Platinum??
Will it be able to sell enough copies once it falls off the country airplay top 30??

Yes. You can't tell the future. No. You will know soon enough.

Pi314CA

SYA on the All-Access Spincrease chart below. SYA may enter the top 50 by this weekend.

This week: Mar 28 - Apr 3
Artist Title Move Stations 7-Day Reports

CARRIE UNDERWOOD See You Again 91 26 Leaders Starters

Pi314CA

Yes, I think TBC will achieve Platinum status.
I don't think that TBC will get to 1 million by this August. I predict by Oct/Nov 2013.
The sales dropoff may be similar to that of GG. You can use Cary's data file for computation purposes.

clh_hilary

In case anyone's interested, Blake Shelton's Sure Be Cool If You Did had been dethroned from the penthouse of Hot Country Songs' by Darius Ruckler's single, continuing the tradition of having lead singles on top.

Ruckler's been the top-selling Country track for the past two chart weeks, and this is his first HCS #1 in two years.

Marv

Absolutely thrilled about Darius reaching the penthouse; if it had been up to me, 'It Won't Be Like This For Long' would have been the #1 country single of the year in 2009.

I just noticed that 'Good Girl' has picked up 59 recurrent spins in the past seven days, while 'Blown Away' has picked up an astonishing 162 spins, which is downright enormous, during that same time period.

That still fails to explain why the overwhelming majority of reporters are waiting until April 15th, the adds date cited by a Pulse poster to add 'See You Again' to their playlists.

clh_hilary

Absolutely thrilled about Darius reaching the penthouse; if it had been up to me, 'It Won't Be Like This For Long' would have been the #1 country single of the year in 2009.

I just noticed that 'Good Girl' has picked up 59 recurrent spins in the past seven days, while 'Blown Away' has picked up an astonishing 162 spins, which is downright enormous, during that same time period.

That still fails to explain why the overwhelming majority of reporters are waiting until April 15th, the adds date cited by a Pulse poster to add 'See You Again' to their playlists.

I think those increases in spins come from Two Black Cadillacs dropping.

supercarriefan

In case anyone's interested, Blake Shelton's Sure Be Cool If You Did had been dethroned from the penthouse of Hot Country Songs' by Darius Ruckler's single, continuing the tradition of having lead singles on top.

Ruckler's been the top-selling Country track for the past two chart weeks, and this is his first HCS #1 in two years.

Darius' latest single isn't the lead single, though. True Believers was the lead single and didn't do much at radio. Wagon Wheel is the second single.

teesharky

That is so cool! I still haven't heard the song on any radio station-- not even freakin' Sirius satellite radio, which usually plays new songs. annoying.

Burst

That is so cool! I still haven't heard the song on any radio station-- not even freakin' Sirius satellite radio, which usually plays new songs. annoying.

It was exciting news for me, even though I wasn't there. I was super jealous, I haven't heard SYA either. Actually, I hardly hear Carrie. I heard Good Girl a ton because my station loves it (even though its HAC...). I heard Blown Away twice in random stores, and TBC once, funny enough, when I was on my way to her concert. You don't hear much from her outside of Before He Cheats when you don't listen to country radio often.

Marv

Canadian stations are also required to play a ton of music by Canadian artists regardless of format; I believe the current requirement is 35%, which has been the case for at least 20 years IIRC.

teesharky

It just feels like it is taking way too long to enter the top 50. It usually seems to chart so much faster. Odd.

Manchs

I remember people complaining BA was taking way too long to debut also x) Considering BA was a massive hit and that TBC was at #32 on MB before the adds date, if I'm not mistaken, and the song wasn't the biggest success, I say SYA should take its time. x)

Ty

SYA single cover:

cu_sya_single_cvr_cmyk.jpg