Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Black Cadillacs On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

Pi314CA

I dont judge songs by the artist but by the song cause I love music...Mama's Broken Heart is a GREAT song and so is 22...may not like the singers but they get played on my ipod alot!...Anyways everyone go check out See You Tonight by Scotty McCreery! im a huge fan of his and its a great song..you wont be dissapointed

For me, I don't like MBH because of the loud twang. I don't like twang period so that definitely factors into my like/dislike of a song. Won't comment on 22 since that is a pop song and discussions on that song may be expressed on the "Red" thread.

pklongbeach

I'm not a fan of the "twang" either. But when it seems appropraitely placed in a song, it doesn't bother me too much.

IT seems to fit this song well enough for me.
IT completely distroyed Stay by Sugarland for me. I literally could not listen to that "whay dooon't yoooo Staaaiiiiy".

Make It Stop!

thaifood

I'm not a fan of the "twang" either. But when it seems appropraitely placed in a song, it doesn't bother me too much.

IT seems to fit this song well enough for me.
IT completely distroyed Stay by Sugarland for me. I literally could not listen to that "whay dooon't yoooo Staaaiiiiy".

Make It Stop!

I am now almost totally deaf due to shoving sharp implements in my ears every time that song came on. Awful, simply awful.

epicamends

Jennifer Nettles has an extremely pronounced twang. If you don't like twang, you probably won't like 95% of her vocals.

I personally love Mama's Broken Heart, and it's been my favourite song off 'Four the Record' since that album came out (I don't listen to much of the rest of the album anymore).

pklongbeach

Jennifer Nettles has an extremely pronounced twang. If you don't like twang, you probably won't like 95% of her vocals.

I personally love Mama's Broken Heart, and it's been my favourite song off 'Four the Record' since that album came out (I don't listen to much of the rest of the album anymore).
True about Jen N.
And it kind of makes my point. there are times when it doesn't bother me at all in the context of a song.
I love "Love, your baby girl" (I think that is the name of the song).
And there are others of hers that i like.

I think early on she made an effort to sing with a fuller more mainstream tone in her voice. (that may have been completely unintentional or fully intentional not sure).

But when they broke real big and came out with the album after they were huge, it became very pronounced to me. As if she were leaning into it to give the music a more authentic vibe.
And truth is, I think that effects it negatively when it is too pronounced. When a singer sings, that drawl or twang shoud actually diminish, not increase. Just like you can't detect an accent when someone is singing.

So I am a bit sensitive when I think someone is intentionally using "effected" vowels in order to "sound country".

I don't think Miranda does it. But I do think she intentionally creates music that she thinks "sounds country". And that effects my interest in it abit.

Reba is about the only person I can think of that has such a strong drawl that it comes out in her music automatically, but also authentically. Like the music and the voice are perfectly married.

Some of Mirandas sounds like that, and some of it sounds "affected'.

teesharky

I dont judge songs by the artist but by the song cause I love music...Mama's Broken Heart is a GREAT song and so is 22...may not like the singers but they get played on my ipod alot!...Anyways everyone go check out See You Tonight by Scotty McCreery! im a huge fan of his and its a great song..you wont be dissapointed

I love Mama's Broken Heart! Best song on the new album that otherwise was sort of uneven.

Will check out the new Scotty single right now. :)

You will never convince me that 22 is a good song- sorry. lol It is dreadful. Trouble is a decent pop song-- I admit--and if a good singer sang it-- I might even buy it, but her vocals ruin it for me. However, 22 is just tween cheese bubble gum pop drivel.lol

But I agree with you on 2 out of 3. lol

NC State Carrie Fan

I love Mama's Broken Heart! Best song on the new album that otherwise was sort of uneven.

Will check out the new Scotty single right now. :)

You will never convince me that 22 is a good song- sorry. lol It is dreadful. Trouble is a decent pop song-- I admit--and if a good singer sang it-- I might even buy it, but her vocals ruin it for me. However, 22 is just tween cheese bubble gum pop drivel.lol

But I agree with you on 2 out of 3. lol

No! I HATE I Knew You Were Trouble its terrible but 22 is my jam like you dont even know and Yeah Scottys song is really good...I think its hilarious how we all hate Taylor Swift but we all know her music and like most of it (maybe its just me and my friends)

epicamends

"I Knew You Were Trouble" has actually grown on me so much. I kind of like it now. The only thing about it that bothers me is that it's sung by someone who is supposedly a country artist. lol. I've heard 22 in full once, and that one time was enough for me. I couldn't stand the lyrics or Taylor's vocals, never mind the production. It's almost worse than WANEGBT for me, which I hated. lol

"I Knew You Were Trouble" has actually grown on me so much. I kind of like it now. The only thing about it that bothers me is that it's sung by someone who is supposedly a country artist. lol. I've heard 22 in full once, and that one time was enough for me. I couldn't stand the lyrics or Taylor's vocals, never mind the production. It's almost worse than WANEGBT for me, which I hated. lol

The first time (last summer) i heard taylor's WANGBT i laughed cause i found it ridiculous!! i hate all Taylor swift singles and have none of them on my mobilephone (it has approximately 500 songs on it)
The only song from taylor swift that i like is IKYWT. All her other songs are disgusting to me! Anyway everyone is free to listen to whatever they like but if it is Quality- material you want to listen to,Taylor swift is certainly not the right choice. I think it is a disgrace for a country artist to record pop and popstep songs and she did this to sell more album and single copies and become more famous. i hope that taylor's duet with Tim Mcgraw won't reached No1 in the country airplay chart..
But overally i really wish she would stick to pop genre which suits her so that Carrie has less competition to face in the country charts...

Last edited:

rainbow1

There is a very interesting conversation on Pulse. The Blown Away Era on page 227!!!! Dudley gives a lot of interesting opinions. On Blake/Miranda, Overton, Sony, the votin etc, etc. Really wish everyone would read it!!!!

Suellen

There is a very interesting conversation on Pulse. The Blown Away Era on page 227!!!! Dudley gives a lot of interesting opinions. On Blake/Miranda, Overton, Sony, the votin etc, etc. Really wish everyone would read it!!!!

Can you please give the website for Pulse, thanks.

supercarriefan

I'm actually hoping people read Dudley's post on the publicity issue on that same page of that Pulse thread as well. Gives a whole other reasonable perspective on the publicity side of things with regards to Carrie. The basic idea Dudley makes, for those that might be less inclined to go check it out themselves, is that Carrie is more selective with her publicity options than Miranda. Dudley suggests that the level of visibility could be a factor for some voters.
Dudley's comments about Overton simply not having the power at this point due to the loss of influential staff at Sony is certainly interesting. Although, I'm not sure I get the point with the label party photos. The Sony photo is missing some key players that obviously didn't attend the party: Carrie, Brad, Kenny and Jake.

Pi314CA

I'm pleasantly surprised that TBC sales has been holding up well even though the song has gone recurrent on the MB chart. If TBC can maintain 15k-25k a week in sales, then Platinum in the fall 2013 is quite probable.

nccountrygal

Well that was an interesting read. I just wonder if Carrie is truely happy at Sony. I know it's got to be frustrating to work as hard as she does and not get recognized at all for it. As I have said before I really don't know why she is not getting very many nominations and no wins at these award shows especially when she is doing better than anyone else on the label.