Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Black Cadillacs On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

DizzyDollyDee

It literally just got sent to radio yesterday. I think the label wants some distance between SYA and "Boys Round Here" + "Crash My Party."

I don't know if thats true or not but don't even care - just wanted someone to come up with any kind of plausible reason why its not getting air play - or if I was just missing it. I have noticed, since they haven't been playing SYA, they are switching between BA and TBC so maybe they just weren't wanting to give those gems up either. When they aren't played in high rotation, I still love hearing them. Really anxious to hear SYA on radio - love to hear what the DJ's think - they play her a lot here but they do like mostly the guys - thanks for a theory!!!

epicamends

I don't know if thats true or not but don't even care - just wanted someone to come up with any kind of plausible reason why its not getting air play - or if I was just missing it. I have noticed, since they haven't been playing SYA, they are switching between BA and TBC so maybe they just weren't wanting to give those gems up either. When they aren't played in high rotation, I still love hearing them. Really anxious to hear SYA on radio - love to hear what the DJ's think - they play her a lot here but they do like mostly the guys - thanks for a theory!!!

Because radio literally just got their hands on the single. At least give it a week or two before panicking, guys! lol

pklongbeach

My station was playing it before it got added so I am in alittle different mindset.
My DJ said it was a great song.

The adds date came on rather suddenly, so I think there is that period where programmers have to program it into the days spins. Remember, Dj's don't just get to start spinning the heck out of a song just because it showed up on thier door step yesterday.

And let us not forget, this is the 4th single from an album that has been out a year.
We gotta keep things in perspective.
I am the first to point out any percieved "slight" towards Carrie. And at the moment I don't think there is one.

I mean Miranda Lambert just got chosen "Bell of the Ball" " Prom Queen" & "Mistress of Ceremonies" all at the same time.
So, radio is reacting to that.

Give it this week. LEts see how things go.
I think the mix sent to radio sounds amazing.
I don't think radio is going to pass on this. Nor do I think the public will either.

Pi314CA

I agree with Ty on having distance between SYA and the current songs. The chart right now is extremely packed. I think there are at least a dozen songs that have a great shot at #1, so SYA waiting a bit is okay. I think all these will get to #1:

LADY ANTEBELLUM Downtown
THOMPSON SQUARE If I Didn't Have You
CHRIS YOUNG I Can Take It From T...
MIRANDA LAMBERT Mama's Broken Heart
FLORIDA-GEORGIA LINE Get Your Shine On
DARIUS RUCKER Wagon Wheel
TIM MCGRAW WITH TAYLOR SWIFT Highway Don't Care
BRAD PAISLEY Beat This Summer
THE BAND PERRY Done
JAKE OWEN Anywhere With You
KIP MOORE Hey Pretty Girl
ZAC BROWN BAND Jump Right In
BLAKE SHELTON Boys 'Round Here
GARY ALLAN Pieces

That's a lot of songs, just in the top 30. And I left out Jason, Eric and Kenny as I don't think those will get to the top.

DizzyDollyDee

I NEVER think they slight Carrie - my stations really play her and think thats why I was wondering about SYA- plus I just want to hear it on radio. The ONLY place I think Carrie gets slighted, and its because she is just flat too good and produces something different than what they are playing all day - are the award shows. Other than wanting to give her an award now days, they all seem to like to play her music no matter where we travel.

Eder Rodrigues

I've been trying to do an prediction of the year end chart for HOT COUNTRY SONGS.
It's based on points per position (Ex.: #1 = 50pts, #2 = 49pts, #3 = 48pts... #50 = 1pt)
I thought it would be interesting to post. This is how it looks until now:

Period: Dec 1, 2012 - Apr 13, 2013

01. CRUISE - Florida Georgia Line (918 pts)
02. BETTER DIG TWO - The Band Perry (901 pts)
03. WANTED - Hunter Hayes (860 pts)
04. WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER - Taylor Swift (843 pts)
05. EVERY STORM (RUNS OUT OF RAIN) - Gary Allan (831 pts)
06. SOMEBODY'S HEARTBREAK - Hunter Hayes (735 pts)
07. ONE OF THOSE NIGHTS - Tim McGraw (726 pts)
08. TORNADO - Little Big Town (705 pts)
09. TWO BLACK CADILLACS - Carrie Underwood (694 pts)
10. THE ONLY WAY I KNOW - Jason with Luke & Eric (683 pts)
11. HOW COUNTRY FEELS - Randy Houser (662 pts)
12. BLOWN AWAY - Carrie Underwood (647 pts)
13. MERRY GO 'ROUND - Kacey Musgraves (591 pts)
14. SURE BE COOL IF YOU DID - Blake Shelton (580 pts)
15. I DRIVE YOUR TRUCK - Lee Brice (559 pts)
16. IF I DIDN'T HAVE YOU - Thompson Square (544 pts)
17. GET YOUR SHINE ON - Florida Georgia Line (527 pts)
18. GIVE IT ALL WE GOT TONIGHT - George Strait (525 pts)
19. BEGIN AGAIN - Taylor Swift (514 pts)
20. GOODBYE IN HER EYES - Zac Brown Band (495 pts)

P.S: Songs in red have gone recurrent, so they will not increase in points anymore.

Claire2004

I agree with Ty on having distance between SYA and the current songs. The chart right now is extremely packed. I think there are at least a dozen songs that have a great shot at #1, so SYA waiting a bit is okay. I think all these will get to #1:

LADY ANTEBELLUM Downtown
THOMPSON SQUARE If I Didn't Have You
CHRIS YOUNG I Can Take It From T...
MIRANDA LAMBERT Mama's Broken Heart
FLORIDA-GEORGIA LINE Get Your Shine On
DARIUS RUCKER Wagon Wheel
TIM MCGRAW WITH TAYLOR SWIFT Highway Don't Care
BRAD PAISLEY Beat This Summer
THE BAND PERRY Done
JAKE OWEN Anywhere With You
KIP MOORE Hey Pretty Girl
ZAC BROWN BAND Jump Right In
BLAKE SHELTON Boys 'Round Here
GARY ALLAN Pieces

That's a lot of songs, just in the top 30. And I left out Jason, Eric and Kenny as I don't think those will get to the top.

Which of the songs nearing the top will most likely spend more than 1 week at #1? Thanks.

Pi314CA

^^^I think it's "one and done" for most of those songs. Lee's done. Lady A will get 1 wk, etc. My guess is that Darius has the best chance for more than 1 week in the near future. With that being 6-7 weeks away, we'll have to see how the chart shakes out.

As I look at the rest of the chart, here are my predictions on some song peaks:

Pirate Flag - Kenny Chesney: #4
Give It All You Got - George Strait: #7
Like Jesus Does - Eric Church: #3
1994 - Jason Aldean: #8
Changed - Rascal Flatts: #15
Don't Rush - Kelly Clarkson: has peaked (~#26) and is falling
Whiskey - Jana Kramer: has peaked (~#27) and is falling

Ty

My station was playing it before it got added so I am in alittle different mindset.
The song hasn't even gone for adds yet - that's next Monday. And the radio edit just got sent to stations yesterday. There's no reason to worry, at all. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

DaisyTweets

^^^I think it's "one and done" for most of those songs. Lee's done. Lady A will get 1 wk, etc. My guess is that Darius has the best chance for more than 1 week in the near future. With that being 6-7 weeks away, we'll have to see how the chart shakes out.

As I look at the rest of the chart, here are my predictions on some song peaks:

Pirate Flag - Kenny Chesney: #4
Give It All You Got - George Strait: #7
Like Jesus Does - Eric Church: #3
1994 - Jason Aldean: #8
Changed - Rascal Flatts: #15
Don't Rush - Kelly Clarkson: has peaked (~#26) and is falling
Whiskey - Jana Kramer: has peaked (~#27) and is falling
I thought I read somewhere about a push to get this song to #1, you don't think it will make it? Also there are a few songs that you had in another post that you thought would spend at least one week at the top that I sure hope don't make it. A few of them are just plain awful IMO!!!

Pi314CA

I thought I read somewhere about a push to get this song to #1, you don't think it will make it? Also there are a few songs that you had in another post that you thought would spend at least one week at the top that I sure hope don't make it. A few of them are just plain awful IMO!!!

Yes, there were some articles and tweets about the push for 60 #1's for George. But frankly, it will be difficult given the number of songs ahead of it and coming up quickly from behind.

As for the list of #1's predicted, I agree with you that I hope some of them will not make it. But, I was resigned to be realistic... in particular, I hope that "Mama's Broken Heart", "Get Your Shine On", "Highway Don't Care" and "Boys 'Round Here" don't get to #1. I would have liked for "I Drive Your Truck" to get 2 weeks at the top.

carebear4eva

Yes, there were some articles and tweets about the push for 60 #1's for George. But frankly, it will be difficult given the number of songs ahead of it and coming up quickly from behind.

As for the list of #1's predicted, I agree with you that I hope some of them will not make it. But, I was resigned to be realistic... in particular, I hope that "Mama's Broken Heart", "Get Your Shine On", "Highway Don't Care" and "Boys 'Round Here" don't get to #1. I would have liked for "I Drive Your Truck" to get 2 weeks at the top.

You are broken.

teesharky

I adore Wagon Wheel by Darius Rucker. Most catchy song on the radio right now. Hope it smashes at number 1. Is it a cover song?

pklongbeach

MBH is actually one of those Miranda songs that I think would be a worthy #1 song.
Problem is, she is so overpromoted at the moment, it makes it a little hard to root for.

And again, if it was a fresh new concept for her and booming I would thrilled. (I loved White Liar and Famous in a Small Town).
But the song feels too much like a retread. Like she literally just did "I'm mad as hell and I don't care who knows it".

Like literally 5 minutes ago.

NC State Carrie Fan

I dont judge songs by the artist but by the song cause I love music...Mama's Broken Heart is a GREAT song and so is 22...may not like the singers but they get played on my ipod alot!...Anyways everyone go check out See You Tonight by Scotty McCreery! im a huge fan of his and its a great song..you wont be dissapointed

pklongbeach

I really like his voice. It is so "recordable".

I'm not sure this a song that will take him back up the charts, but it is proof that he can sing. I really like his tone.

IF it was his voice on Hunters songs, it would be perfect.