Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away Era, Week 33

TOPDOG1001

Great sales week. She is definitely selling a lot in the stores because before the itunes sale, her ranking was closer to 100. Now with the itunes sale plus the normal shopping, I bet close to 60K is attainable next week!

teesharky

I can't wait till Lady Gaga or Adele come out with a new album. I am tired of seeing SWSRN at number 1. Her sales are impressive though, I have to admit. Lots of pop fans clearly like the new direction of her pop album.

gaycarebear

I can't wait till Lady Gaga or Adele come out with a new album. I am tired of seeing SWSRN at number 1. Her sales are impressive though, I have to admit. Lots of pop fans clearly like the new direction of her pop album.

Well, I know Gaga and Katy Perry will be releasing new music next year. Can't. freaking. wait.

Gator

So Carrie mentioned in an interview that some day she would like to do a Gospel album. Would that album then be considered Country??? Just wondering....

teesharky

Well, I know Gaga and Katy Perry will be releasing new music next year. Can't. freaking. wait.

Oh yay another Katy album! I forgot she is coming out with something in 2013. Good. Her songs are so dang catchy, and after watching her movie, I really do like her as a person too. She is not the best singer, but she is a good songwriter and I find her songs really catchy and fun to sing along to.

gaycarebear

So Carrie mentioned in an interview that some day she would like to do a Gospel album. Would that album then be considered Country??? Just wondering....

Since the album would most likely be released on Arista (a Country label), yes, it would, much like w/ Taylor. Her album is pop, even her label admits that, but b/c it's a Country label, it's labeled as such.

teesharky

I think it will be classified in the Gospel/Christian music section....but that is not clear.

The way Billboard is these days- they might call it country anyway. lol If Taylor's pop album is country, then surely a Gospel album will be too.

My only worry about Carrie doing a Gospel album is that some of those Christian radio stations won't play her songs anymore as they see her as too "racy" now for her pro-gay marriage, stance, short skirts, edgy songs like Last Name, etc. I think that is ridiculous, but notice she has not gotten much airplay on Christian radio since JTTW. TH was a great perfect song for Christian radio, and it got no love.

Ie- I called to request TH once, and the dj said they can't play her music because they cannot recommend the whole album to their listeners, since it contained songs like Last Name or Cowboy Casanova or whatever. He said he loves TH, but people complained that they bought SH after hearing JTTW, and thought the whole album would be Christian. So when they heard BHC, etc- they were unhappy apparently.

Anyway- I felt that was not very "christian" to do, judging Carrie like that-- just over BHC or LN, etc., or her short skirts. But whatever. If other Christian stations feel the same, she won't get much radio play with her gospel album.

I was really disappointed after that dj said that to me. He said she may be a Christian, but her album is not Christian so they can't play her songs.

I noticed that TH didn't get much airplay on Christian radio in general, when it is such a beautiful, amazing song. It was not nominated for a Gospel music award either. Carrie hasn't been nominated for a GMA since JTTW, right? I guess she is too edgy or whatever for that crowd. So I worry about the success of her future Gospel album.....though I personally want it badly for selfish reasons. lol

Gator

If Carrie is serious about following the Gospel route, perhaps she would switch to a Gospel label who has more clout. Maybe that would help, especially if the entire album is Gospel. My word, it's not like it's Madonna or someone like that.

Personally, the way country music is going, I would not mind Carrie going full-on Gospel. :)

gaycarebear

I think it will be classified in the Gospel/Christian music section....but that is not clear.

The way Billboard is these days- they might call it country anyway. lol If Taylor's pop album is country, then surely a Gospel album will be too.

My only worry about Carrie doing a Gospel album is that some of those Christian radio stations won't play her songs anymore as they see her as too "racy" now for her pro-gay marriage, stance, short skirts, edgy songs like Last Name, etc. I think that is ridiculous, but notice she has not gotten much airplay on Christian radio since JTTW. TH was a great perfect song for Christian radio, and it got no love.

Ie- I called to request TH once, and the dj said they can't play her music because they cannot recommend the whole album to their listeners, since it contained songs like Last Name or Cowboy Casanova or whatever. He said he loves TH, but people complained that they bought SH after hearing JTTW, and thought the whole album would be Christian. So when they heard BHC, etc- they were unhappy apparently.

Anyway- I felt that was not very "christian" to do, judging Carrie like that-- just over BHC or LN, etc., or her short skirts. But whatever. If other Christian stations feel the same, she won't get much radio play with her gospel album.

I was really disappointed after that dj said that to me. He said she may be a Christian, but her album is not Christian so they can't play her songs.

I noticed that TH didn't get much airplay on Christian radio in general, when it is such a beautiful, amazing song. It was not nominated for a Gospel music award either. Carrie hasn't been nominated for a GMA since JTTW, right? I guess she is too edgy or whatever for that crowd. So I worry about the success of her future Gospel album.....though I personally want it badly for selfish reasons. lol

They might play it though if she does a full on Gospel album.

teesharky

If Carrie is serious about following the Gospel route, perhaps she would switch to a Gospel label who has more clout. Maybe that would help, especially if the entire album is Gospel. My word, it's not like it's Madonna or someone like that.

Personally, the way country music is going, I would not mind Carrie going full-on Gospel. :)

Well she might just be doing the Gospel album for fun, to dabble in it, but not making a whole switch to Gospel.

People are very judgmental, agree. It is almost like there are obstacles and enemies/haters wherever Carrie goes. So nothing comes easy for her anymore. But I do believe a gospel album by Carrie would be incredible, and I hope she does it.

nccountrygal

Don't hate me but I would rather Carrie release a album or EP of country classic covers with maybe one or two original songs before a gospel album. I would certaintly buy the gospel album but I would rather have an album of country classics. She sounds so good singing traditional country. Gosh I would love Stand By Your Man, Once A Day, Neon Moon just to name a few of the songs I would love for her to record.

Back on topic great sales this week!

teesharky

Don't hate me but I would rather Carrie release a album or EP of country classic covers with maybe one or two original songs before a gospel album. I would certaintly buy the gospel album but I would rather have an album of country classics. She sounds so good singing traditional country. Gosh I would love Stand By Your Man, Once A Day, Neon Moon just to name a few of the songs I would love for her to record.

Back on topic great sales this week!

I want a Christmas album in 2013, if she had time to cut it quickly before she starts full on Sound of Music mode. lol I definitely want a Christmas album first, then a gospel album.

But for some reason, Carrie keeps pushing the Xmas cd off.

Marie2011

Imo it depends for example three wooden crosses won a gospel music award but at the same time is country.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher

If Carrie does a gospel album, it will be to express her faith and not to get radio airplay.

Mezik

Another great week for sales, I am so impressed with how much Carrie's sold in under a year. Most pop stars would die to sell 500,000 copies in under a years time, let alone 1,100,000. She sold more than the "album of our generation" MDNA, Britney's second come back "Femme Fatale" and Nicki's rejuvenation of pop "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" all in less time to. I remember on a certain other forum, a certain other fanbase said that this album would fail to sell 1,000,000 by the end of the year - and would probably stop selling at around 1,100,000. I'm smiling right now because Carrie still has a full year of promotion, and Carrie can easily sell 500,000+ more copies next year. Also her catalog sales are great to, If Play On can go on to sell 2,000,000 with Mama's Song closing the era - Blown Away can definately reach the 2,000,000 mark. :)

teesharky

Agree. I think she can go 2x platinum too by the dnd of 2013- at least 2x certification for shipments anyway. She may not scan 2x platinum by late 2013 - but she should ship it for certification hopefully.