Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Cry Pretty Era

clh_hilary

YOUR TOP 20: JOSH VS. BROCK

Josh Groban gets the edge for #1 today as Brockhampton nips at his heels. This one may come down to the wire.

1. *Josh Groban (Reprise) 94-99k Total Activity, 92-97k Albums
2. *Brockhampton (Question Everything/RCA) 89-94k, 66-71k
3. Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 66-71k, 19-22k
4. Drake (YMCMB/Republic) 61-66k, 2-3k
5. Travis Scott (Cactus Jack/Grand Hustle/Epic) 56-61k, 1-2k
6. Post Malone (Republic) 43-47k, 3-4k
7. *Prince (Warner Bros.) 36-39k, 33-36k
8. Ariana Grande (Republic) 34-37k, 5-6k
9. Nicki Minaj (YMCMB/Republic) 33-36k, 3-4k
10. Juice WRLD (Grade A/Interscope) 32-35k, <1k

11. Lauren Daigle (Centricity) 30-33k, 20-23k
12. Carrie Underwood (Capitol Nashville) 30-33k, 23-26k
13. *Young Dolph (Paper Route/Empire) 29-32k, 3-4k
14. XXXTentacion (Bad Vibes Forever) 29-32k, 1-2k
15. 6lack (LVRN/Interscope) 29-32k, 3-4k
16. Cardi B (Atlantic) 25-28k, <1k
17. The Greatest Showman (Atlantic) 25-28k, 12-14k
18. Luke Combs (River House/Columbia Nashville) 22-25k, 4-5k
19. Mac Miller (Warner Bros.) 21-24k, 2-3k
20. Youngboy Never Broke Again (Never Broke Again) 21-24k, <1k

*DEBUTS

An 89% drop. So the tour bundles helped a lot in her debut week.

txacar

^^ Is Josh's album a new one? Those are low numbers for him.

It is new -- "Bridges." Numbers are surprising to me, considering the great collaborations -- Sarah MacLaughlin, Andrea Boccelli, Jennifer Nettles and others. I plan to buy.

DaisyTweets

Within the past 2 weeks, Josh was on Live with Kelly & Ryan and he performed a song with Jennifer Nettles. He really does have a nice voice. After hearing this song, it made search Youtube for the Oprah performance with Tony, Michael, Carrie and Josh. For such a short performance it really was divine!!!! Oprah was right when she said it was a once in lifetime performance.

Pi314CA

Album and singles sales numbers (9/25/18):

1. Cry Pretty: sold 250,700 (over 265,00 total consumption)

Country digital chart:
14. Drinking Alone: sold 5,000 (total 5,000)
23. Love Wins: sold 4,000 (total 21,000)
--- End Up With You: sold 2,000 (total 10,000)

Josh

Within the past 2 weeks, Josh was on Live with Kelly & Ryan and he performed a song with Jennifer Nettles. He really does have a nice voice. After hearing this song, it made search Youtube for the Oprah performance with Tony, Michael, Carrie and Josh. For such a short performance it really was divine!!!! Oprah was right when she said it was a once in lifetime performance.

I really wish Carrie would duet with Michael Buble or Josh Groban.

clh_hilary

Storyteller debuted and peaked at No 3 with 185,000 units moved.

GLOBAL ALBUM CHART

Greatest Hits: Chapter No. 1 opened and went as high as at No 13 with 100,000 albums shifted.

GLOBAL ALBUM CHART

Blown Away entered at No 1 with 285,000 copies sold.

GLOBAL ALBUM CHART

Play On was the Hot Shot Debut behind Michael Jackson's This Is It! at No 2 with 335,000 records purchased.

GLOBAL ALBUM CHART

Carnival Ride crashed into the penthouse with 544,000 CDs taken home.

GLOBAL ALBUM CHART

Some Hearts was No 2 behind Madonna. Probably didn't sell that many copies outside the US and Canada, and Madonna opened with 1.23 million that week.

GLOBAL ALBUM CHART

Last edited:

simonplay

Second week in the Top 10 Billboard 200
Second week at #1 Country Albums

7- CARRIE UNDERWOOD | CRY PRETTY 35,614 (-86%)

Pure sales:

4- CARRIE UNDERWOOD CRY PRETTY 27,910 (-89%)

Total sales: 302k

lolita55

Second week in the Top 10 Billboard 200
Second week at #1 Country Albums

7- CARRIE UNDERWOOD | CRY PRETTY 35,614 (-86%)

Pure sales:

4- CARRIE UNDERWOOD CRY PRETTY 27,910 (-89%)

Total sales: 302k

I wasn't expecting that much of a drop. But she will sell steady and will then get a nice sales bump after the CMAs. I predict that this album will go platinum like storyteller.

Kizmet311

Hopefully the CMAs and the holiday season will give it a bit of a boost. The retailers need to get it back in stock, especially Target and Walmart, so the casual Christmas shoppers can buy a few for stocking stuffers, etc. I really want it to go platinum eventually.

rcramer

Hopefully the CMAs and the holiday season will give it a bit of a boost. The retailers need to get it back in stock, especially Target and Walmart, so the casual Christmas shoppers can buy a few for stocking stuffers, etc. I really want it to go platinum eventually.

I already did.... But now want more...... LOL.... It is a great present to give someone.....

Kizmet311

I already did.... But now want more...... LOL.... It is a great present to give someone.....

Well, I've been giving away all my CDs from the ticket bundles and the multiple copies I ordered, lol. My 6 year old has her own CD that she plays on a little portable karaoke machine in her room, lol. Gave one to my mom. I have one for myself, plus the vinyl. I still have 4 left to give to friends. And I still need to order the Target version and hope that I win a M&G next year so I can get her to sign that one.