Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Cry Pretty Era

rcramer

^^^^ awesome..... My nieces girl is the same age and has loved Carrie for a few years now... This tour will be her first ever to see Carrie, funny how a 6 year old gets when told she is going to see Carrie Underwood.... Priceless....

Kizmet311

^^^^ awesome..... My nieces girl is the same age and has loved Carrie for a few years now... This tour will be her first ever to see Carrie, funny how a 6 year old gets when told she is going to see Carrie Underwood.... Priceless....

I haven't told my daughter about the concert yet. Although she keeps asking if we can go back to the Opry to see Carrie. June is so far away that I plan on waiting until the last minute to tell her. I may not even tell her until we get there! Yesterday she was playing at home and came to ask my what Carrie Underwood likes. She asked if Carrie likes dogs and I said she does. Then she asked me to come in her room and she had arranged all of her stuffed dogs (including her stuffed Ace, which she knew was Carrie's dog) all over the room and was playing CP on her karaoke machine, lol. So we were having a Carrie Underwood party, lol.

simonplay

^ Should be at #7 in pure sales. (Third week in the top 10)

Third week at #1 in Billboard Country Albums.

Kizmet311

The number consider good?

I think it's good. If she can hold steady at 20k a week for a while, hopefully she can get to Gold certification really soon. Eleven weeks or so until Christmas at 20k a week is another 220k. Hopefully her sales weeks might increase the last few weeks before Christmas if the stores are restocked.

clh_hilary

The number consider good?

It's fine for a third-week drop, especially considering the fact that she hasn't promoted on television this week, there's no new videos, and she has nothing on the radio.

Hopefully her sales stablizes soon, though. But maybe difficult without airplay or a viral video.

clh_hilary

Switzerland

90 (36) 2 Cry Pretty

Apparently her first album to spend more than a week in the Confederation.

adam1995

Definitely not a bad third week. Hopefully, that's about where she stays for a while, between 15K and 30K would be good through the end of the year, and hopefully Grammy time.

opry051008

Guess what a number 1 album gets: Walmart in Canada to bring in some physical CDs into the store. lol.

Would have been nice to see her hold at a higher sales number in the third week but seeing that there are no other top female artists releasing albums by the end of the year, she is still on track to finish #1 among all female artists for pure album sales in 2018.... so I'll take it. lol.

teesharky

Yes it’s been really quiet this week so Carrie is probably resting up before the AMAs etc. She also has that Elvis taping in California next week after the AMAs. Then the CMT artists-of the year etc. then the IHeartRadio concert will air on tv. So she has things coming up before the CMAs. After the CMAs - she just has that Oklahoma hall of fame thing abd then it’s getting close to her due date so I am sure she will just chill.

That’s fine. Maybe the label will do a big Black Ftiday sale etc since there are no AMAs in November etc.

pklongbeach

I think the album is good enough to capture word of mouth and actually increase sales not just stay steady. But the label would have to promote her music outside of country to do it. I just don't understand the hesitation when they have such a pop focused product. Carrie and her producer clearly wanted this to be a bridge to pop music. Why not dive in...?

pklongbeach

I love the global focus but not at the rist of losing her footing here. How can they not see that she would do well on a wider market here if they believe she can be popular with a broader market overseas....

clh_hilary

In its second week, Cry Pretty has dropped off the Top 10 (which is now the full chart) of the United World Chart. The 10th place had 56,000 units last week.

We may or may not get more information tomorrow.

_luvqry

I think the album is good enough to capture word of mouth and actually increase sales not just stay steady. But the label would have to promote her music outside of country to do it. I just don't understand the hesitation when they have such a pop focused product. Carrie and her producer clearly wanted this to be a bridge to pop music. Why not dive in...?

Well I guess it's Carrie herself. They won't send a single to pop radio if Carrie doesn't want to. In the end Carrie will have to do some interviews on pop radio and I think, unfortunately, she doesn't want to.

quincyeyes

721CARRIE UNDERWOOD | CRY PRETTY
CAPITOL NASHVILLE
21,562-39% 14,801 763 5,998

HITS Daily Double

1918LUKE COMBS | THIS ONE'S FOR YOU TOO
RIVER HOUSE/COLUMBIA NASHVILLE
24,8936% 4,334 2,562 17,997

If these numbers prove accurate, Cry Pretty will not be number 1 on the Billboard Country Albums Chart. The lack of streaming seems to be the real problem but I will leave that analysis to the experts.

clh_hilary

The United World Chart said Cry Pretty had 43,000 units last week with a total of 349,000 units.

No 10 was 56,000 units (The Greatest Showman) and the only other albums with a higher reported weekly sales are:
XXXTentation - Question Mark - 55,000 units
BTS - Love Yourself 轉 Answer - 53,000 units
Lord Ed Sheeran - Divide - 53,000 units
"Queen" Nicki Minaj - Queen - 52,000 units
Sir Paul McCartney - Egypt Station - 49,000 units
Juice WRLD - Goodbye & Good Riddance - 47,000 units

So Carrie was probably at No 17 world-wide.