Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which song do you WANT to be single #4?

Which song would you like to see as single #4?

• See You Again

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Do You Think About Me

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • One Way Ticket

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Good In Goodbye

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Leave Love Alone

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Cupid's Got A Shotgun

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Forever Changed

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Wine After Whiskey

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • Who Are You

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other: NETY, TGFH

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

epicamends

I would never wish for a Carrie song to "flop," no matter how much I didn't want it as a single. :p I hated having "Mama's Song" as a single (though I warmed to it a bit more when I saw the video), but I requested darn hard for it on the radio! ;)

I read on twitter today that somebody had posted on a NETY video on youtube that the song stopped them from cutting themselves that day. No matter how "cheesy" the lyrics may seem, it's comments like that that make me so glad Carrie chooses to include inspirational messages in a lot of her songs.

Gator

I would never wish for a Carrie song to "flop," no matter how much I didn't want it as a single. :p I hated having "Mama's Song" as a single (though I warmed to it a bit more when I saw the video), but I requested darn hard for it on the radio! ;)

I read on twitter today that somebody had posted on a NETY video on youtube that the song stopped them from cutting themselves that day. No matter how "cheesy" the lyrics may seem, it's comments like that that make me so glad Carrie chooses to include inspirational messages in a lot of her songs.

I agree. I have a granddaughter that is quite short, and heavy, and gets teased all the time. She loves the inspirational songs, such as NETY. They boost her confidence, and give her hope... that the teasing will end some day. So, God Bless Carrie for taking the chance to add such inspirational songs on her CDs. She truly tries to provide songs for each and every one of us. Bravo to her! :D

PRGuy79

So, I thought DYTAM was in the running until they cut it from the set list on the second leg of the tour. I just can't imagine that they would do that if it was being seriously considered. So, I'm going back to a theory that has been discussed on the forum awhile back: the single choices are given away by the photos in the album booklet. Each single choice is promoted with an image - Good Girl, Blown Away, Two Black Cadillacs, etc. If that's the case, then I think single #4 will be One Way Ticket (perfectly timed for spring/summer). And if that's the case, do we close out the Blown Away Era with Leave Love Alone?

DizzyDollyDee

I voted for Who Are You. Problem? PROBLEM?

I love that song - there are so many I really really love but they are mostly the ballads on the cd and would love to hear her do one for the radio for a change. I understand the need for high energy songs for her tour - but not always necessary for the radio. For us big fans of WAY, I doubt it'll ever be picked for a single .

Carrieflattsfan

THIS.

I've defended NETY from the beginning, because I think Carrie knows that a lot of her fans need encouragement, and don't have someone to tell them they're worthy. Her heart was in the right place when she got the idea/inspiration behind the song, and I love her so much for things like that. The power of music can be really amazing, and Carrie would be proud to know that ANY of her songs helped someone through a rough time. In the end, that's what has the most impact, and that's why I respect Carrie so much. THAT'S what she cares about at the end of the day when it comes to making music. :)

epicamends

THIS.

I've defended NETY from the beginning, because I think Carrie knows that a lot of her fans need encouragement, and don't have someone to tell them they're worthy. Her heart was in the right place when she got the idea/inspiration behind the song, and I love her so much for things like that. The power of music can be really amazing, and Carrie would be proud to know that ANY of her songs helped someone through a rough time. In the end, that's what has the most impact, and that's why I respect Carrie so much. THAT'S what she cares about at the end of the day when it comes to making music. :)

Exactly. That's how I know she's making music for the right reasons. It's not about charts, awards, critics, etc. Those things are just icing on the cake. The most important thing for her is having a positive impact on people's lives, both through her music and who she is as a person.

epicamends

I wonder if Brad's new single "Beat This Summer" (which has a Kenny Chesney-type islandy flavour to it, according to Windmills) will affect the decision on whether or not to release "One Way Ticket". As Windmills pointed out to me, would Arista Nashville want to promote two island-flavoured summer party singles at the same time?

maddkat

Staff member
^ that's something to consider but OWT wouldn't be released till sometime in May most likely, as TBC won't peak for a few weeks yet and then it'll be another few weeks before it goes recurrent.And it is different as it's a party song by a female.

So maybe they will be willing to promote both

ETA: heard Brad's song.I don't see how the label would have nay trouble promoting both songs.OWT is totally different

thanks to windmills listen here - http://t.co/As6aPOvmt1

epicamends

^ Yeah, I agree after hearing it. BTS and OWT are very, very different. I thought BTS was going to be more of a party song, but it's more of an upbeat nostalgic song. They should have no problem pushing both at the same time.

melvinc

i seriously dont think OWT will be picked by her label. too many summer hits in the bandwagon. DYTAM is good but i think the possibilities of releasing is low ever since the single was cut from her tour. After listening to NETY repeatedly, i think this mid tempo song might has a chance even though it doesn't it song title is weak. Howver, i want carrie and label to release single material that can sell, crossover and push her towards the international market.

jaks_weyn

^ that's something to consider but OWT wouldn't be released till sometime in May most likely, as TBC won't peak for a few weeks yet and then it'll be another few weeks before it goes recurrent.And it is different as it's a party song by a female.

So maybe they will be willing to promote both

ETA: heard Brad's song.I don't see how the label would have nay trouble promoting both songs.OWT is totally different

thanks to windmills listen here - http://t.co/As6aPOvmt1

Oh I like it :D
If Carrie releases OWT, wonder if they can make a mash-up with this... :D

carriefan13

Wine After Whiskey~I can really see people loving it! Plus, it's been a while since Carrie's released a single that hasn't had any pop elements to it