Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which song do you WANT to be single #4?

Which song would you like to see as single #4?

• See You Again

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Do You Think About Me

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • One Way Ticket

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Good In Goodbye

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Leave Love Alone

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Cupid's Got A Shotgun

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Forever Changed

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Wine After Whiskey

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • Who Are You

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other: NETY, TGFH

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Carrieflattsfan

Stayed pressed, DYTAM haters.

tumblr_mil12rAh2h1s4przjo1_500.gif

tumblr_mibuz9NPED1rlhznio1_500.gif

Oneal

I really thought DYTAM was going to be a single. It might be next, but I thought if it was going to be released it would have happened 3rd instead of TBC. I think it made more sense to have it 3rd, OWT 4th and TBC to close out the era. I don't know if cutting it from her set list = it not being a single though. Maybe she is giving it a rest so that it will be a fresh listen to folks if it is a single.

pklongbeach

I had BA going in the background driving around today.
WAW just doesn't work real well as a stand alone single.
Oddly, GIG really really does. IT has great rise and fall and it sounds fresh and contemporary but also a style of writing that is long standing.
I don't know, GIG just suddenly really stuck out for me,..........

teesharky

I feel like no matter what she chooses next-- it needs to be happy and upbeat. I adore WAW but I want that for the album closer in the Fall or winter.

There have been so many dark songs this era-- which is fine-- but I am ready for something light and happy. So both OWT and DYTAM will work.

gaycarebear

Oddly, GIG really really does. IT has great rise and fall and it sounds fresh and contemporary but also a style of writing that is long standing.

I disagree about WAW. I think it's one of her best songs she's ever done.

Carrieflattsfan

I feel like no matter what she chooses next-- it needs to be happy and upbeat. I adore WAW but I want that for the album closer in the Fall or winter.

There have been so many dark songs this era-- which is fine-- but I am ready for something light and happy. So both OWT and DYTAM will work.

Agree, Tee.

I LOVE that Artista has gone for a more serious artistic approach with the BA singles so far, but she needs something upbeat. I have a feeling the team will either go with DYTAM or Cupid, but I also remember Carrie saying they were focusing on the darker songs this era. I think they'll focus on the lighter songs for spring/summer, and then go with a ballad (WAW, hopefully), to lead into winter.

Manchs

And to think one year ago we were anxiously waiting that messy clockdown to stop and we ended up getting seriously frustrated... now we are discussing about a 4th single. :')

DizzyDollyDee

YES YES YES!!! GIG!!!! Love this song!!! I really do like DYTAM but I love this one more - just something so relatable to most people!!! I hope. . . . .

jaks_weyn

I like Manchs for the DYTAM love!!!
GO DYTAM!!!

I agree with Oneal... they might be removing DYTAM just to get it away from the spotlight for now... and when they release it, it will be fresh!

And Carrie actually likes the song... she sang it a couple of times... she even sang part of it in the writer's gig when it was supposed to be Hillary singing it... :D it was also in MTV Unplugged where she could have chosen TBC or other songs from the album... and in Jimmy Fallon, of all the songs she can sing for the bonus performance, she chose DYTAM... and there's also an interview where Carrie herself mentioned she likes singing the song.. :D so Yes.. 100% HOPE for DYTAM!

YES YES YES!!! GIG!!!! Love this song!!! I really do like DYTAM but I love this one more - just something so relatable to most people!!! I hope. . . . .
I can see GIG doing really well too... :D
If they will go for "all dark" songs, they will probably go with GIG and WAW... GIG is inspirational in a way and has a good message, but the feel is kind of dark (and partly sad) which is why it can fit with the "dark theme"... and it's also one of Carrie's good songs.. and it's one of the big single sellers right? also has 600K youtube views.. :D

epicamends

I'm quite shocked that WAW has so many votes on this poll. I desperately want it to be a single, but not in the summer.

gaycarebear

I'm quite shocked that WAW has so many votes on this poll. I desperately want it to be a single, but not in the summer.

I'm so torn. While OWT would be great, the downfall is that there are gonna be so many summer songs now (after the success of "Pontoon"). So, I think she should go with DYTAM. It's upbeat enough, but different enough to set it apart.

epicamends

Very unlikely they would release six singles, to be honest. :/ I think there's space for just two more singles... WAW would definitely be a nice last single, but I don't know... it's not like Carrie's paying much attention to it... If anything, she's going to release One Way Ticket now and Do You Think About Me afterwards. :/

Considering we likely won't get album #5 until late 2014 at the earliest, and single #5 should be peaking before Christmas this year, I think a sixth single is certainly a possibility. It just depends on if Carrie wants to release a sixth and if the label sees fit to promote a sixth.

epicamends

I like Manchs for the DYTAM love!!!
GO DYTAM!!!

I agree with Oneal... they might be removing DYTAM just to get it away from the spotlight for now... and when they release it, it will be fresh!

And Carrie actually likes the song... she sang it a couple of times... she even sang part of it in the writer's gig when it was supposed to be Hillary singing it... :D it was also in MTV Unplugged where she could have chosen TBC or other songs from the album... and in Jimmy Fallon, of all the songs she can sing for the bonus performance, she chose DYTAM... and there's also an interview where Carrie herself mentioned she likes singing the song.. :D so Yes.. 100% HOPE for DYTAM!

Exactly! All of this is what makes me extra confused about why she cut it from the set list - not only was it a fan favourite, it seemed to be one of her favourites too! I do hope they have something planned for DYTAM.

Carrieflattsfan

I've adored "Good In Goodbye" since "Blown Away" was released. I'm a sucker for relateable lyrics, and GIG is so well-crafted. It has a pleasant country/pop melody, but the lyrics give it a distinctly 'country' feel. And Carrie's voice shines in so many places in this song, too.

"I know where she got those crystal eyes of blue/times been sweet to you"

"As bad as it was/as bad as it hurt/I thank God I didn't get what I thought I deserved"

One thing I love about GIG is how precise, but vivid the lyrics are. Sometimes I think Carrie has a tendency to be quite wordy in regards to lyrics, which can come out as a bit awkward at times. Like, you understand what the singer is trying to say, but it sounds like they're trying to say too much, and it isn't as impactful in the end. Sometimes I think simple lyrics can come off as cliche, but something about these lyrics just clicks for me. I love the way the lyrics are written, as if you can remember a time you were in that exact situation.

I was a little worried when I heard Carrie was cowriting this song with Ryan Tedder, since he has a deep history with pop artists, and I'm generally not a fan of his melodies/writing style. However, GIG has many examples of concise, vivid lyrics, and I think it not only shows how far Carrie has come as a writer, but also that it's impossible to judge the quality of cowriters or a writing team based on their past work. I never would've thought Ryan would've been capable of writing such a great song that is perfect for Carrie, but he proved me wrong in many ways.

I agree with Jess that WAW should NOT be released as a single in the summer; I would be shocked if Artista chose to go with a ballad. Carrie hasn't released a fun umptempo yet, and obviously summer would be the perfect time to release something like DYTAM, OWT, or even LLA. I almost have a hutch that the label will release OWT, because it's so different from anything she's released before, and if they're going for an umptempo, this would be the perfect way to focus attention on the album, and maybe even interest causal fans.

teesharky

I'm so torn. While OWT would be great, the downfall is that there are gonna be so many summer songs now (after the success of "Pontoon"). So, I think she should go with DYTAM. It's upbeat enough, but different enough to set it apart.

yes but all the country summer songs will be boring songs about Beer and Trucks. Only Kenny Chesney does the island thing well, or Zac BB-- but no females have summer songs.

I checked and neither Miranda nor Taylor have Summer songs on their albums-- so Carrie will be the only Female with a summer song. So she will stand out from all the boring male beer/truck summer songs.