Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which song do you WANT to be single #4?

Which song would you like to see as single #4?

• See You Again

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Do You Think About Me

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • One Way Ticket

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Good In Goodbye

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Leave Love Alone

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Cupid's Got A Shotgun

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Forever Changed

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Wine After Whiskey

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • Who Are You

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other: NETY, TGFH

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

epicamends

I cant believe that you guys think that DYTAM will be a good 4th single (summer song)! I mean JUST NO! lol

Honestly, you seem to be one of the only people who doesn't like it. lol. It's a huge fan favourite here, at Pulse, on twitter, with casual and non-fans, etc. I think that's a good sign that speaks to its almost universal appeal. Whereas OWT seems to be much more polarizing, kind of a love it or hate it type of song.

thunder92

Honestly, you seem to be one of the only people who doesn't like it. lol. It's a huge fan favourite here, at Pulse, on twitter, with casual and non-fans, etc. I think that's a good sign that speaks to its almost universal appeal. Whereas OWT seems to be much more polarizing, kind of a love it or hate it type of song.

lol yeah. Its hard to not like it. It just has that make you happy vibe going for it. I dont think it should be the summer single, though.

pklongbeach

I voted SYA. Not cause it will be or even should be. I JUST WANT IT TO BE!!!!

I say yes to DYTAM, it seems like the obvious choice.
I agree that OWT is too polorizing, (I just hate that song so much)!
I understand that alot of you think it will hit like Pontoon, but it won't, it really really won't. I promise you!! Please don't let that song happen. It will be by far my biggest let down. YEs, more than MS. Ha ha.....

Anyway, DYTAM is something that Carrie hasen't tried before and it will bring down the tone of things well for the summer.
I think all the people who like "intense" carrie, baught BA for the intense songs. Now it's time to hit the "singalong-Carrie" people.
And I think DYTAM will do that.
And radio will love it. It will not Flop!

thunder92

I voted SYA. Not cause it will be or even should be. I JUST WANT IT TO BE!!!!

I say yes to DYTAM, it seems like the obvious choice.
I agree that OWT is too polorizing, (I just hate that song so much)!
I understand that alot of you think it will hit like Pontoon, but it won't, it really really won't. I promise you!! Please don't let that song happen. It will be by far my biggest let down. YEs, more than MS. Ha ha.....

Anyway, DYTAM is something that Carrie hasen't tried before and it will bring down the tone of things well for the summer.
I think all the people who like "intense" carrie, baught BA for the intense songs. Now it's time to hit the "singalong-Carrie" people.
And I think DYTAM will do that.
And radio will love it. It will not Flop!

I think it could go either way. Most people also though TBC was gonna explode, when it hasnt. Its done amazing, but nothing extraordinary. And people probably did not think Pontoon would either, it just did.

You never know with the audience

pklongbeach

I, personally, want SYA at pop.
Not country. It would not work.
But I am a pop fan and I really want some Carrie-Pop.
Crucify me if you must.

I don't know how anyone can try to sing SYA without choking up. The power and conviction of it are perfect for screaming at the top of your lungs.
(I'm not sure I love Brights arrangement of it, but the song itself is just great. Universally relatable).

epicamends

I don't think SYA would do well at pop. In the 90s it may have, but not today. The only format I could see it doing really well at is Hot AC/AC.

thunder92

I, personally, want SYA at pop.
Not country. It would not work.
But I am a pop fan and I really want some Carrie-Pop.
Crucify me if you must.

I don't know how anyone can try to sing SYA without choking up. The power and conviction of it are perfect for screaming at the top of your lungs.
(I'm not sure I love Brights arrangement of it, but the song itself is just great. Universally relatable).

When the album first came out, I loved SYA for the sound. I thought it was cool. But then after my grandma (nana) passed, it took on a whole new meaning and now its 100% in my top 5 carrie songs

pklongbeach

I think it could go either way. Most people also though TBC was gonna explode, when it hasnt. Its done amazing, but nothing extraordinary. And people probably did not think Pontoon would either, it just did.

You never know with the audience
I admit that. Sometimes I am shocked at what people get caught up in. Ha ha.
But I think Pontoon had a universal appeal. You could feel the waves on the lake. You could feel the sun. You could smell the tanning lotion. It just worked. (I did not love the song but I understand why it worked).
OWT does not have any of the connecitve tissue to trasport the listener anywhere.
It really doesn't even have a central theme.
A "One Way Ticket".............to where??????????????
Its just confusing.

(Everybody wana to go to heaven, but nobody wanna to go now" makes perfect sense. IT works).

simonplay

Well, if they cut DYTAM from the set list, thats means that to the people doesnt like it so much, maybe its a fan favourite here but not in the millions of fans, just saying...! :p

pklongbeach

When the album first came out, I loved SYA for the sound. I thought it was cool. But then after my grandma (nana) passed, it took on a whole new meaning and now its 100% in my top 5 carrie songs
ME to. I lost my sister. And the song carried me through a difficult process with the conviction of such simple words, "I will see you again, This is not where it ends, I will carry you with me, I will see you again.
ITs pure Carrie Underwood!
and everything I love about her....
(sorry about your nana)

thunder92

Well, if they cut DYTAM from the set list, thats means that to the people doesnt like it so much, maybe its a fan favourite here but not in the millions of fans, just saying...! :p

I dont think DYTAM works amazingly in the concert atmosphere. Its not a bad fit, but I can see why it was taken out. It has not effect, however, on how it would do as a single.

Like ITYS, if it wasnt a single, it would never get the same reaction it does now. Its recognizable

epicamends

Not necessarily. We don't know their reasons for cutting it, or even if it was cut permanently.

thunder92

ME to. I lost my sister. And the song carried me through a difficult process with the conviction of such simple words, "I will see you again, This is not where it ends, I will carry you with me, I will see you again.
ITs pure Carrie Underwood!
and everything I love about her....
(sorry about your nana)

Thanks You. Cancer isnt fun :/ and sorry about your sister.

But yeah, we played SYA as she was being taken away and it just worked. It was an amazing feeling in such a sad way.

And I think its one of the most relatable songs. Its not too specific to whom has been lost. It does not even have to be about death, imo

pklongbeach

The sonic sound of a song like DYTAM (or quitter for that matter) in a concert setting has very little meaning as to weather it would work on the radio.
I really believe that song is just about radio-perfect.
But not concert-perfect at all.

simonplay

I admit that. Sometimes I am shocked at what people get caught up in. Ha ha.
But I think Pontoon had a universal appeal. You could feel the waves on the lake. You could feel the sun. You could smell the tanning lotion. It just worked. (I did not love the song but I understand why it worked).
OWT does not have any of the connecitve tissue to trasport the listener anywhere.
It really doesn't even have a central theme.
A "One Way Ticket".............to where??????????????
Its just confusing.

(Everybody wana to go to heaven, but nobody wanna to go now" makes perfect sense. IT works).

Speak for your self please!

One Way Ticket means we have just one oportunity for be good, make good and enjoy the life!

pklongbeach

I guess I admit that SYA is probably not radio friendly.
But I can't help trusting my gut.
If I like it so much, why wouldn't someone else?