Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Winter Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddkat

Staff member
already controversy in the figure skating judging...

Congrats to the Sage & Hannah on their medals

spoiler: congrats Jamie Anderson on her snow boarding gold!

teesharky

Yes that poor American figure skater got robbed. The other girl from
Japan fell and still beat her. Interesting.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Yes that poor American figure skater got robbed. The other girl from
Japan fell and still beat her. Interesting.

Yes, Ashley Wagner was disappointed about her score. But even if she came in third, the final standings for the team event would not have changed. So this could be a blessing in disguise. The skaters have the right to review their scores. So Ashley and her coach will know exactly why the score was low and can work on that for the individual event.

teesharky

^ That's true. And at least America won Bronze-- which is very good for the first Team Figure Skating event ever.

In a way I am happy for Russia winning the Gold for figure skating, as they are the host country and they are not doing as well in the other events.

Congrats to the USA snowboarders---- dang we really rock at that. haha

And that US figure skater Gracie Gold is adorable. She was really good too. I think the Russian will win though in the individual competition. But I hope Gracie can medal.

teesharky

PS- good thing our snowboarders and skaters are so good, as our alpine skiers and ski jumpers pretty much suck this year.

JB172

When I left for work the US was up 1 - 0 and when I got to work I checked the score and it was 6 - 1 US.

Zman312

^ That's true. And at least America won Bronze-- which is very good for the first Team Figure Skating event ever.

In a way I am happy for Russia winning the Gold for figure skating, as they are the host country and they are not doing as well in the other events.

Congrats to the USA snowboarders---- dang we really rock at that. haha

And that US figure skater Gracie Gold is adorable. She was really good too. I think the Russian will win though in the individual competition. But I hope Gracie can medal.

Think again my friend. The Russian girl is real good, scary good but if Yuna Kim is the one to beat (if Yuan Kim skates with no mistakes, then she will ne unstoppable.)
2010 Vancouver Olympics Yuna Kim FS Gershwin Piano Concerto in F (NBC) - YouTube (Yuna's Olympic performance from 2010)

buckeyecarriefan

I had to head RIGHT to work after the game but here it is 7 hours later and I'm still pumped.

Hopefully it's not like 4 years ago where we pull off the "upset" in the 2nd game just to lose the gold medal game to the host country.....

teesharky

OMG what a great game! wow. Too bad it wasn't the playoffs yet!

NBC Olympics ‏@NBCOlympics 11h Oshie in Sochi, during the shootout:

BghnkwUCYAA1hZy.png

I love that Miracle on Ice movie. haha Whoever did this picture was hilariously clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.