Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Winter Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

opry051008

Congrats my American friends. What an awesome shootout. The Predators sure could use a guy like Oshie. He wasn't even phased by the enormous pressure on his shoulders.

JB172

Johnny Weir saying that the ice dancers are the peacocks of the skating world and they need to show plumage is hilarious.

opry051008

Well I guess I'll congratulate the USA now on winning the Gold Medal in Ice Dance. Davis/White and Virtue/Moir were all excellent but if Virtue/Moir can skate a flawless program and still finish more than 2 points behind Davis/White, I think it's a done deal no matter what happens in the free skate.

Zman312

The Americans won the GOLD!!!! I am very happy for them. The first American to ever win Gold at Ice Dancing!

Zman312

Well I guess I'll congratulate the USA now on winning the Gold Medal in Ice Dance. Davis/White and Virtue/Moir were all excellent but if Virtue/Moir can skate a flawless program and still finish more than 2 points behind Davis/White, I think it's a done deal no matter what happens in the free skate.

What are you trying to say? Davis/White have been working very hard. I am sure they will win on their own merits.

maddkat

Staff member
The Americans won the GOLD!!!! I am very happy for them. The first American to ever win Gold at Ice Dancing!

They were great! Of course they've been great for a while now.
So happy for them, well deserved gold.

and congrats to the USA mens bobsled on their bronze!

pkc4rls

^ So far, as I watch it now, I think you were worrying for nothing lol :)

EDIT: Done watching and yeah was no worries lol
Russians NOT happy about their game I have been hearing. Putin going to off their coach lol.

Last edited:

buckeyecarriefan

What a performance by Latvia's goalie. Canada shoulda won that game 8-1 or something.

Canadian members here....it's on! Good luck Friday.

teesharky

QUESTION: If Canada beats USA in the semi-finals Friday, does that mean we are out?? We get no medals despite being undefeated?

Or- if we lose to Canada-- does that mean we play in the Bronze medal rounds instead of the Gold medal rounds? tx.

I am scared as Russia got booted out of metal contention today for losing, so does this mean if USA loses Friday- they are done? No medal round?

Seems really harsh to not make the medal rounds considering how great USA has been doing.

But we have a real tough time beating Canada. I assume Canada will win the Gold for both the men and women. But does a loss to Canada Friday mean USA gets no medal at all? tx.

epicamends

Russia lost their quarterfinal game today, so that's why they're out of medal contention. The loser of the Canada vs. USA semifinal will go on to play in the bronze medal game against the loser of the Sweden vs. Finland semifinal.

maddkat

Staff member
QUESTION: If Canada beats USA in the semi-finals Friday, does that mean we are out?? We get no medals despite being undefeated?

Or- if we lose to Canada-- does that mean we play in the Bronze medal rounds instead of the Gold medal rounds? tx.

I am scared as Russia got booted out of metal contention today for losing, so does this mean if USA loses Friday- they are done? No medal round?

Seems really harsh to not make the medal rounds considering how great USA has been doing.

But we have a real tough time beating Canada. I assume Canada will win the Gold for both the men and women. But does a loss to Canada Friday mean USA gets no medal at all? tx.

These are the semifianls so if the US loses on Friday to Canada they will play the loser of the Fin v Sweden game for the bronze medal.

teesharky

Tx guys! Kind of a bummer though: it should be Canada v USA in the gold medal final like last time. They are the two strongest teams. It kind if sucks that a lesser team will win silver if Canada wins gold and USA wins bronze. It really isn't fair.

JB172

Tx guys! Kind of a bummer though: it should be Canada v USA in the gold medal final like last time. They are the two strongest teams. It kind if sucks that a lesser team will win silver if Canada wins gold and USA wins bronze. It really isn't fair.

Everybody had the same chances to get the # 1 seed and Sweden was the one that did, Sweden and Finland are both very good too.

buckeyecarriefan

Sweden won gold in 2006 and Finland has won a medal in 4 of the last 5 Olympics. These are all REALLY good teams and it wouldn't shock me if the Sweden/Finland winner wins gold. My money is on the Canada/US winner, but anything is possible.

Interesting that the semifinals is not only 2 huge regional rivalries but also rematches of the last 3 gold medal games......

teesharky

^ true. I was shocked to see Russia lose so soon. They played very well against Team USA even though we won.

So tomorrow is the first canada-v-USA hockey match for the ladies. Dang I wish I did not have to work. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.