Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

angeliccarrie

I am so glad I chose not to watch. I'm upset but I knew deep down they would never give this award to Carrie. So glad ML didn't win it either.

DaisyTweets

Not that I know anything for sure but I think once Carrie announced she wasn't hosting, I think that was an indication that she was going to pull back from performing as well. The Cry Pretty era was over so really nothing to promote -- granted she could sing anything and truly be the highlight of the show -- so it kinda made sense. Put some space between her and the show. But to me it shows how classy she truly is by her showing respect for the show and association since she received the nomination she attended. And she looked beyond gorgeous!

Last edited:

Smokyiiis

I just wonder if Carrie not saying or tweeting anything about the show but rather that she has so much going on....makes me think she didn’t want her fans tuning into this and being disappointed too. Think she’s done with this now. I hope so anyway. What the woman have to do to even be nominated is astronomical compared to the men just standing there singing.....and the big NOPE. Ugh.....so over this. But very interested in the ratings. Bet they went down a LOT.

Last edited:

DaisyTweets

I just wonder if Carrie now saying or tweeting anything about the show but rather that she has so much going on....makes me think she didn’t want her fans tuning into this and being disappointed too. Think she’s done with this now. I hope so anyway. What the woman have to do to even be nominated is astronomical compared to the men just standing there singing.....and the big NOPE. Ugh.....so over this. But very interested in the ratings. Bet they went down a LOT.
I was just going to post expressing the same interest in the ratings.

Also, I noticed in the clip I saw when they announced the EOTY winner they focused on Carrie and her reaction. Made me feel bad for her.

ETA: Smoky, you're being generous in saying that what the men do is singing!!!! There are so many that are just plain awful. Just plain awful -- hurts my ears!

Last edited:

rcramer

I just wonder if Carrie now saying or tweeting anything about the show but rather that she has so much going on....makes me think she didn’t want her fans tuning into this and being disappointed too. Think she’s done with this now. I hope so anyway. What the woman have to do to even be nominated is astronomical compared to the men just standing there singing.....and the big NOPE. Ugh.....so over this. But very interested in the ratings. Bet they went down a LOT.

I have always been perplexed by this.....

maddkat

Staff member
124329111_130736941833530_543401928162802097_n.jpg

countryfan2006

Carrie don't need to tell people how she feels her fans and peers are doing it for her maybe next year be different since no one toured this year and the voters gave to Eric Church to make him and his fans happy next year it be Carrie's turn to win it.

adam1995

While I wasn't really expecting Carrie to win, just hoping, I'm really glad Eric finally won. He was the other one, other than Carrie, that has been long overdue. Hopefully, Carrie's day comes soon. Also, really glad Luke Combs did not win, he is too overhyped and overrated. When they showed Carrie as Eric was going up, it looked like she gave him a little wink, and after his speech he blew a kiss to her (I believe). That seems like a nod from each of them about what happened last year. They obviously knew that the two of them deserved it.

Plus, Reba sounded better than everyone on that stage last night, she has still got it. Maybe we'll hear her and Carrie's collaboration on next year's show, right before Carrie wins Entertainer!

rcramer

While I wasn't really expecting Carrie to win, just hoping, I'm really glad Eric finally won. He was the other one, other than Carrie, that has been long overdue. Hopefully, Carrie's day comes soon. Also, really glad Luke Combs did not win, he is too overhyped and overrated. When they showed Carrie as Eric was going up, it looked like she gave him a little wink, and after his speech he blew a kiss to her (I believe). That seems like a nod from each of them about what happened last year. They obviously knew that the two of them deserved it.

Plus, Reba sounded better than everyone on that stage last night, she has still got it. Maybe we'll hear her and Carrie's collaboration on next year's show, right before Carrie wins Entertainer!

She sure does.... Reba is timeless.. And when the Queens show up at awards, they look beautiful.... Those gowns looked awesome on her...

Last edited:

rcramer

Do not want to start a back and forth, but many people love Luke Combs because he is so relatable. Not many other singers are as down to earth as he is to show up to an award show in a Columbia shirt and red solo cup. Some may see this as trashy (and it prob somewhat is) but his songs are just so catchy and relatable. That’s just what I’ve heard from friends/Youtubers/Radio and my own opinion tbh. Great songwriter as well!

I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea and some may see it as bro-country but I do not see him on the same level as a FGL or Dustin Lynch

I would never relate him to FGL or Dustin for that matter. For me though, he is an average singer at best.... Not bad songwriter..... Yes, I would agree, he is very humble, down to earth.....

I'm not a real male country fan and the ones that I like are so underrated its not even funny.....

Zach1998

Well after the show last night Carrie sits at #3 all genre with "My Gift" on iTunes. The only country album she is behind is Combs (who is #2.) I say this because while others promoted their albums and songs last night Carrie did not; yet she still is outdoing them. I don't care if the CMA and ACM voters have never fully embraced her, the general public has and continues to do so. So who is really winning?

Last edited:

simonplay

I just watched the opening monologue and oh man!.. they should pray for Brad and Carrie to come back next year..!

pkslongbeach

I will never understand artists like Church winning Entertainer awards. The word just does not evoke that artist at all. Oh well..... I am glad that My Gift is staying strong because of it.
BTW; who got Song and single.... I assume Church got album also....

Zach1998

I will never understand artists like Church winning Entertainer awards. The word just does not evoke that artist at all. Oh well..... I am glad that My Gift is staying strong because of it.
BTW; who got Song and single.... I assume Church got album also....

Maren took song/ single/ female. Very big night for her. Combs took album, who was up against a veteran in this category (Miranda.) Church wasn't nominated for album. I got a weird feeling last night that the tides are starting to turn where the next generation is starting to take over. I really want Carrie to go all out next era and gun for EOTY at least one more time, because her chances of taking it are starting to get fewer and fewer with them starting to move onto the next generation.

sco

I thought the same thing about the monologs. It was lame. Reba and Darius were adequate hosts but had nowhere near the charm of Brad and Carrie. They were the reason I looked forward to watching

rcramer

Well after the show last night Carrie sits at #3 all genre with "My Gift" on iTunes. The only country album she is behind is Combs (who is #2.) I say this because while others promoted their albums and songs last night Carrie did not; yet she still is outdoing them. I don't care if the CMAs and ACMs voters have never fully embraced her, the general public has and continues to do so. So who is really winning?

We been knew, tell that to the CMA voters.... Carrie is the force they cant stop.... And bless her for showing up last night..... She came looking flawless, and now the media is reacting....