Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

They probably tried to get all the EOTY nominees there.

Yeah, I feel like it’s kinda crappy on the show’s part though if they pushed her to go if they knew in advance she didn’t win. I’m pretty much certain she was the one to say no to a performance.

FreeCountry22

I have a strong strong feeling this next Era is going to be Guns blazing, top notch, highly anticipated, critic approved, tour crazy, career defining moment (yet again)!

cmuf2011

And I see I was right to not give this show a minute of my time (me checking this site doesn’t count) what I’m saying is that it didn’t get my view not even for 1 second

Zach1998

Wasn’t really getting my hopes up for this one tbh. If Carrie wasn’t going to win it I’m glad Eric took it cause didn’t feel like seeing Luke or Miranda win it over her. Anybody know who Carrie winked at after they panned they camera to her win Eric won? I’m willing to bet it was Miranda.

pkc4rls

Yeah, I feel like it’s kinda crappy on the show’s part though if they pushed her to go if they knew in advance she didn’t win. I’m pretty much certain she was the one to say no to a performance.

Oh I agree. They shouldn’t be dragging out extra people knowing they plan to give them nothing, especially when they know she didn’t plan to perform.

pkc4rls

Most award shows would probably try to get all of the EOTY noms to perform...

Ugh this better have been her idea to be there and not perform

Not a chance they didn’t try to get her to perform since she is always the highlight of the show according to most each year. Carrie probably chose not to I am assuming.

FreeCountry22

Oh I agree. They shouldn’t be dragging out extra people knowing they plan to give them nothing, especially when they know she didn’t plan to perform.

With it being Carrie, I feel like it was a class act move to show no bad blood, respect the CMA’s, have a date night with her husband, and just close out the chapter completely as it did cover the last leg of CP tour. I can only
Hope my daughter has as much class act and respect that Carrie gives.

pkc4rls

With it being Carrie, I feel like it was a class act move to show no bad blood, respect the CMA’s, have a date night with her husband, and just close out the chapter completely as it did cover the last leg of CP tour. I can only
Hope my daughter has as much class act and respect that Carrie gives.

I would bet they have much better date nights then going to an awards show knowing you are probably not going to win anything. I would bet Mike hates them lol and just goes to support Carrie. But I do agree Carrie is a total class act.

jptexas

Glad Eric won EOTY, at least ML didn’t win it. Next Carrie era will be amazing. I think she has great songs in line.

I guess I’m glad it was Eric over Luke but it still stings..like she was neck and neck with him last year, and he’s the one to ultimately come out on top above her. If Garth wasn’t a factor last year I’m guessing he still would’ve beat her. I’m sure she’s a little sad, but hopefully she’s not too upset about losing.

One more side note before I go to bed (I regret staying up for this): I hope the show didn’t push her to attend giving the impression that she did win and getting her hopes up. Of course she could’ve voluntarily went, but the whole no performance thing suggests that she didn’t leap at the first opportunity to go. This also further solidifies that no one should have the right to comment when it comes to her not wanting to remotely associate with this type stuff, especially the CMAs because nothing is truly ever going to change for her. I’m just always scared that she’s not going to have more chances for CMA EOTY if she hasn’t gotten it yet. Lol now I’m getting negative, I just got my hopes up with her being there and thinking she could win.

Michael Reid

So the monologues are usually written in advance. Reba did say, that all the EOTY were going to be involved. I feel like there was plans for a Carrie performance and something fell through. Perhaps there was going to be a performance of Hallelujah, and John couldn’t make it last minute, or something happened. Maybe a performance of it was to be pre recorded, since she was in NY, and it didn’t come out to her standards. You had a lot of people drop out due to Covid, maybe the last announcement was Hallejuah, and something happened with John, making him not able to attend, due to COVID. If he pulled out prior to the announcement, then it would be pointless to say anything.

Small doubt, but perhaps it was Tears of Gold, and her duet partner couldn’t make it. I feel like the intention was for Carrie to perform and something fell through. Reba and Carrie were recently together, I doubt if there wasn’t a plan for her to do something, they would of left that line in the monologue.

So odd. I didn't even realise this was on today. Not sure why they went ahead with everything going on. They could of done so much more.

I don't think it's ever going to happen. She's had 3 solid album eras with nothing. Really don't think there's anything else that she could do at this point.