Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Grammys

adam1995

not just the general field though. The new country committee rules ruined everything and robbed Carrie fir the last few years of her best album to date. They clearly have their favs and it’s not Carrie. Ie- to nominate that atrocious Wash song by Miranda that tanked on radio is crazy. It’s her worst lead single ever.

I agree she was robbed last year (should have had three nominations), she definitely wasn't this year though, in my opinion.

adam1995

Ps I love Reba and Willie- but their noms over Carrie was shocking. They need to split country into two categories like R&B does- traditional country and contemporary country. R& B does that so why not country? It makes zero sense to merge classic country with modern country. They are luke two separate genres by a wide margin.

They weren't nominated instead of her though. CP the album wasn't eligible this year, that was last year. And Reba's album was stellar and deserves not only the nomination, but the win.

twaintrain

not just the general field though. The new country committee rules ruined everything and robbed Carrie fir the last few years of her best album to date. They clearly have their favs and it’s not Carrie. Ie- to nominate that atrocious Wash song by Miranda that tanked on radio is crazy. It’s her worst lead single ever.

Yeah, I was just using that as an example. It was clear there was an agenda in that case and Ed didn’t get nominated because he was a white guy. That year, there were no white males in any general category. In some years that would have been fine, but Ed pretty much owned the music industry that year in every aspect.

As far as country categories, how Kelsea was nominated for country album last year and Carrie wasn’t, I will never understand. I honestly laughed when I read it because I thought it was a misprint.

CU4ever

As far as country categories, how Kelsea was nominated for country album last year and Carrie wasn’t, I will never understand. I honestly laughed when I read it because I thought it was a misprint.

I don't dislike Kelsea or her music, but I agree, I have no idea how she got it. I think fans of both Kelsea and Carrie (like myself) can definitely agree Cry Pretty > Unapologetically.

I've said this before about the CMAs, but I think it's the case with the Grammys too. If you have a crossover hit, you'll get award attention. Kelsea, who got this surprising nod last year, had a big crossover hit.

teesharky

Yes but the voters are supposed to judge the country music not the crossover hit. I guess they do whatever they like.

CU4ever

Yes but the voters are supposed to judge the country music not the crossover hit. I guess they do whatever they like.

Tbh, I think it is more of what the crossover hit brings for the artist. Imo, it gets the artists name out there to the pop voters on the panel or the ones who really don't follow country music too well. A lot of the CMA winners this year had crossover appearances or hits. How I wish Carrie would, then maybe country and artists would value her more, lol.

maddkat

Staff member
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/...aks-filing-lawsuit-recording-academy-68460397

"Her complaint also alleges the board manipulates the process to ensure that songs or albums are nominated if the producer of the Grammys wants a specific performance during the ceremony.
"I'm saying that the system should be transparent and that there are -- there are incidents of conflict of interest that taints the results," Dugan said on "GMA."

Her complaint further addresses the issues she has with the system.

"To make matters worse, the Board is permitted to simply add in artists for nominations who did not even make the initial 20-artist list. Naturally, the members of the 12 Board and the secret committees chose artists with whom they have personal or business relationships," the complaint reads. "This year, 30 artists that were not selected by the membership were added to the possible nomination list."

this helps explain the odd country nominees the last 4-5 years

also since Carrie is not nominated or attending I'm moving this to the music forum

CU4ever

Just saw today that some big name pop artists are no longer attending the Grammys. First CMA backlash, now Grammy backlash. Maybe next album era will be ours.

CU4ever

How are the two related?

I didn't say they were related. I am saying last November we had CMA backlash due to the result of EOTY and now we are having Grammy backlash due to the news about how voting is done. Basically what I was trying to say was that maybe next album cycle these shows' voting will be done fairly and Carrie could get some noms. I'm not expecting it, but just making an observation that two high profile award shows (not coincidentally, not saying they are related..) where Carrie was snubbed are ultimately receiving backlash about how/who they award.

teesharky

Supposedly taytay is not attending or performing. But she got 3 nominations so she really shouldn’t be a baby about this. The people who actually got snubbed like Carrie the past few years should be complaining and boycotting.

jaymiee

^Pretty sure Taylor isn't going cuz her mom's brain tumor?

I also had s weird dream Miranda won a Grammy for that terrible song....omg I will be so pissed

jaymiee

Figured Tanya and Willie would win. Seemed odd they were nominated in the 1st place. These awards are such a joke lol

hjj

I am happy Tanya won but probably more related to Brandy Carlisle being involved with project. Really do not know much about Willie’s latest work.