Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Grammys

HuiZ

Love Wins is cliche and boring and offered no deeper perspective to the overall theme within the song. Clearly the general country audience agreed when you look at where it peaked and it’s call out numbers. I skip the song every time I play Cry Pretty. Miranda’s song seems to be one of her faster climbing songs and is at least a fresh take on the topic. It’s not my favorite from her, but it’s definitely original. Again, not saying it deserves a Grammy nomination, however, to me, I’m not upset that it did get recognized.

It is frustrating that this site allows us to criticize other artists and songs, but cannot critique Carries songs without our loyalty being questioned. If I loved and supported and praised every song Carrie released without any criticism, I don’t think that makes me a loyal fan. It would make me delusional. I’ll always love and support Carrie, but I also want to see her grow and evolve. Just my thoughts
It's unfortunate that this site has been like that for a long time now.... that is why I don't post as much as I used to anymore.

Like you, I always skip Love Wins. One of the weakest songs Carrie has ever co written, imo.

teesharky

The nominations are a joke. All older artists or that dreadful Wash song by Miranda that hurts my ears from the heavy twang. The new snobby elitist Grammy committee clearly has an agenda to weed out modern country in favor of traditional country.

They need to split the Country categories into two categories like R&B does- contemporary country and traditional country. Otherwise Carrie and other modern artists will never be nominated again as they keep pushing nostalgic artists like Willie or Reba or Tanya Tucker. Love them all but it’s crazy that they have to pit them against modern artists in the same category.

^ There are enough haters out there though criticizing Carrie all day long. It’s nice to have one safe haven to go too with people who like Carrie . Lol

NC State Carrie Fan

Love Wins is cliche and boring and offered no deeper perspective to the overall theme within the song. Clearly the general country audience agreed when you look at where it peaked and it’s call out numbers. I skip the song every time I play Cry Pretty. Miranda’s song seems to be one of her faster climbing songs and is at least a fresh take on the topic. It’s not my favorite from her, but it’s definitely original. Again, not saying it deserves a Grammy nomination, however, to me, I’m not upset that it did get recognized.

It is frustrating that this site allows us to criticize other artists and songs, but cannot critique Carries songs without our loyalty being questioned. If I loved and supported and praised every song Carrie released without any criticism, I don’t think that makes me a loyal fan. It would make me delusional. I’ll always love and support Carrie, but I also want to see her grow and evolve. Just my thoughts
THIS. I am in the minority that loves Carrie Taylor Miranda and Kacey. And it has always bothered me that we always champion that women are not represented well in country music but whenever any other woman has success it is so harshly criticized on this site (Miranda’s CMA reign aside). Kacey’s album was one of the best I’ve heard in a long time and I believe it deserved every bit of recognition it has garnered.

I love Carrie and have been a hardcore fan for 10+ years now but being a fan is not about LOVING everything the artist does or releases. Dirty Laundry and Love Wins were two of my least favorite Carrie songs ever but on the flip side I LOVED Southbound and Mama’s Song which most people didn’t. That’s the point of a forum. We are all different people with different opinions but we have one common interest in Carrie. No matter the single choice I’m going to stream the heck out of it cause we comin for that #1! Lol. Just my 2 cents lol

Also to stay on topic...Grammys r garbage lolz

Hil

THIS. I am in the minority that loves Carrie Taylor Miranda and Kacey. And it has always bothered me that we always champion that women are not represented well in country music but whenever any other woman has success it is so harshly criticized on this site (Miranda’s CMA reign aside). Kacey’s album was one of the best I’ve heard in a long time and I believe it deserved every bit of recognition it has garnered.

I love Carrie and have been a hardcore fan for 10+ years now but being a fan is not about LOVING everything the artist does or releases. Dirty Laundry and Love Wins were two of my least favorite Carrie songs ever but on the flip side I LOVED Southbound and Mama’s Song which most people didn’t. That’s the point of a forum. We are all different people with different opinions but we have one common interest in Carrie. No matter the single choice I’m going to stream the heck out of it cause we comin for that #1! Lol. Just my 2 cents lol

Agree, but Dirty Laundry was awesome lol

Countryfan2448

She was snub like she was for the last 3 years

Why would she attend when she's not nominate for a Grammy (she didn't attend last year because she wasn't a nominee and she just had Jacob prior to that.).

It be a waste to have to fly out to L.A for a 4 minute performance.

Love Wins is great song with a good massage.

monkeyboy16

Also to stay on topic...Grammys r garbage lolz

Exactly! We will support Carrie with whatever she does regardless of our opinions. That’s what makes you a loyal fan.

maddkat

Staff member

it peaked at #11 mediabase/#14 Billboard

adam1995

The nominations are a joke. All older artists or that dreadful Wash song by Miranda that hurts my ears from the heavy twang. The new snobby elitist Grammy committee clearly has an agenda to weed out modern country in favor of traditional country.

They need to split the Country categories into two categories like R&B does- contemporary country and traditional country. Otherwise Carrie and other modern artists will never be nominated again as they keep pushing nostalgic artists like Willie or Reba or Tanya Tucker. Love them all but it’s crazy that they have to pit them against modern artists in the same category.

^ There are enough haters out there though criticizing Carrie all day long. It’s nice to have one safe haven to go too with people who like Carrie . Lol

This is Reba's first country nomination at the Grammy's in 12 years! And Tanya's first Grammy nominations in 24 years! Giving legendary artists their due when they earn it shouldn't be frowned upon when they are ignored for their fantastic efforts by radio, and when they produce fantastic music.

2019 Best Country Album nominees- Kacey, Kelsea, Brothers Osborne, Ashley McBryde, Chris Stapleton.
2018 Best Country Album nominees- Chris Stapleton, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Thomas Rhett
2017 Best Country Album nominees- Sturgill Simpson, Brandy Clark, Loretta, Maren, Keith
2016 Best Country Album nominees- Chris Stapleton, Sam Hunt, Little Big Town, Ashley Monroe, Kacey
2015 Best Country Album nominees- Miranda, Dierks, Eric, Brandy Clark, Lee Ann Womack

In the last 5 ceremonies (25 nominees) there has been 1 "nostalgia" artist (2 if you want to include Lee Ann Womack) in Best Country Album.

2019 Best Country Solo nominees- Kacey, Loretta, Maren, Chris Stapleton, Keith
2018 Best Country Solo nominees- Chris Stapleton, Sam Hunt, Alison Krauss, Miranda, Maren
2017 Best Country Solo nominees- Maren, Brandy Clark, Carrie, Keith, Miranda
2016 Best Country Solo nominees- Chris Stapleton, Cam, Carrie, Keith, Lee Ann Womack
2015 Best Country Solo nominees- Carrie, Eric, Hunter Hayes, Miranda, Keith

In the last 5 ceremonies (25 nominees) there has been 1 "nostalgia" artist (3 if you want to include Lee Ann Womack and Alison Kruass) in Best Country Solo Performance. Also Carrie is the lead winner and nominee in this category.

2019 Best Country Song nominees (artist)- Kacey, Cole Swindell, Maren and Vince Gill, Blake, Dan+Shay, Little Big Town
2018 Best Country Song nominees- Chris Stapleton, Little Big Town, Sam Hunt, Midland, Miranda
2017 Best Country Song nominees- Tim McGraw, Keith, Thomas Rhett, Maren, Miranda
2016 Best Country Song nominees- Little Big Town, Lee Ann Womack, Tim McGraw, Brandy Clark, Chris Stapleton
2015 Best Country Song nominees- Glen Campbell, Kenny Chesney, Miranda, Eric, Tim and Faith

In the last 5 ceremonies (25 nominated songs) there has been 2 "nostalgia" artists' songs nominated (3 if you want to include Lee Ann Womack) in Best Country Song.

How do they keep pushing nostalgia acts?

Actually, the sad thing is, many seem to be the most mad at Miranda for being nominated. Even after all the support that was pledged for women in the genre just last week. Some things never change, though.

twaintrain

I wish the Grammys broke out the male and female performances like they used to. I can understand in a genre like rock not doing that, but in country when there are so many female artists, I think it should be broken out.

Carrie might have won a Grammy last year if the committee or whatever it is had given people a chance to vote for her. Goodness knows “Cry Pretty” deserves a Grammy.

Smokyiiis

This is Reba's first country nomination at the Grammy's in 12 years! And Tanya's first Grammy nominations in 24 years! Giving legendary artists their due when they earn it shouldn't be frowned upon when they are ignored for their fantastic efforts by radio, and when they produce fantastic music.

2019 Best Country Album nominees- Kacey, Kelsea, Brothers Osborne, Ashley McBryde, Chris Stapleton.
2018 Best Country Album nominees- Chris Stapleton, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Thomas Rhett
2017 Best Country Album nominees- Sturgill Simpson, Brandy Clark, Loretta, Maren, Keith
2016 Best Country Album nominees- Chris Stapleton, Sam Hunt, Little Big Town, Ashley Monroe, Kacey
2015 Best Country Album nominees- Miranda, Dierks, Eric, Brandy Clark, Lee Ann Womack

In the last 5 ceremonies (25 nominees) there has been 1 "nostalgia" artist (2 if you want to include Lee Ann Womack) in Best Country Album.

2019 Best Country Solo nominees- Kacey, Loretta, Maren, Chris Stapleton, Keith
2018 Best Country Solo nominees- Chris Stapleton, Sam Hunt, Alison Krauss, Miranda, Maren
2017 Best Country Solo nominees- Maren, Brandy Clark, Carrie, Keith, Miranda
2016 Best Country Solo nominees- Chris Stapleton, Cam, Carrie, Keith, Lee Ann Womack
2015 Best Country Solo nominees- Carrie, Eric, Hunter Hayes, Miranda, Keith

In the last 5 ceremonies (25 nominees) there has been 1 "nostalgia" artist (3 if you want to include Lee Ann Womack and Alison Kruass) in Best Country Solo Performance. Also Carrie is the lead winner and nominee in this category.

2019 Best Country Song nominees (artist)- Kacey, Cole Swindell, Maren and Vince Gill, Blake, Dan+Shay, Little Big Town
2018 Best Country Song nominees- Chris Stapleton, Little Big Town, Sam Hunt, Midland, Miranda
2017 Best Country Song nominees- Tim McGraw, Keith, Thomas Rhett, Maren, Miranda
2016 Best Country Song nominees- Little Big Town, Lee Ann Womack, Tim McGraw, Brandy Clark, Chris Stapleton
2015 Best Country Song nominees- Glen Campbell, Kenny Chesney, Miranda, Eric, Tim and Faith

In the last 5 ceremonies (25 nominated songs) there has been 2 "nostalgia" artists' songs nominated (3 if you want to include Lee Ann Womack) in Best Country Song.

How do they keep pushing nostalgia acts?

Actually, the sad thing is, many seem to be the most mad at Miranda for being nominated. Even after all the support that was pledged for women in the genre just last week. Some things never change, though.

Please don't throw me under that bus on the Miranda issue. I enjoy a LOT of Miranda's music but I think that "out in the wash" is probably one of my least liked songs of her entire new album! LOL It just is not in my opinion Grammy material and has no place in this category this year.

adam1995

Please don't throw me under that bus on the Miranda issue. I enjoy a LOT of Miranda's music but I think that "out in the wash" is probably one of my least liked songs of her entire new album! LOL It just is not in my opinion Grammy material and has no place in this category this year.

I said I was surprised by it as well. Trust me, I don't think it deserves the spot either, but it's there. My point, I guess is that, while it shouldn't have been nominated, I don't think it took LW's space, it took something else's slot. Good news is, it likely won't win. I see a Tanya sweep in country categories.

jaymiee

I'm totally fine with Tanya Reba and or Willie winning. I honestly dont think any of the others are that good?

Maybe Dan n Shay will win because their pop radio support

Farawayhills

It was written with the three Love Junkies - which may have helped the nomination (they won Grammys in 2016 & 2017, and Lori & Hillary are also nominated this year in the General field). I also think many people wanted to hear Miranda with lighter, happier material. I agree with you, though - for me it's one of the most disappointing songs on "Wildcard".

Farawayhills

For me there are quite a few interesting nominations.

---"The Girl from Chickasaw County (the complete Capitol Masters)" - a retrospective of the work of Bobbie Gentry, up for Best Historical Album.

---Dolly Parton & Linda Perry - nominated for one of the Dumpling tracks, in Best Song Written For Visual Media

---Joy Williams (whom some of you probably know best as formerly one half of The Civil Wars) - nominated for "Front Porch" in Best Folk Album

---Delbert McClinton, nominated for "Tall Dark & Handsome" in Best Traditional Blues Album

---Missy Raines, nominated for the strongly progressive "Royal Traveller" in Best Bluegrass Album

---Yola, a British Country singer, who seems to be quickly establishing herself as an award show favourite, for "Walk Through Fire", in Best Americana Album (she also has a nomination in Best Roots Song)

---Best Country Album - I'm really torn here (though proud for both) as two of my absolute favourites - Pistol Annies, for "Interstate Gospel", and Tanya Tucker for "While I'm Living" are both nominated!

---Brandi Carlile, the Hanseroth twins & Tanya Tucker for "Bring My Flowers Now", in Best Country Song, and in Song of the Year in the General Field

---Tanya is also up for Best Solo Country Perfomance - in what seems a pretty strong category (sorry for those who don't like it - but it really moves me - and I think she'll win in one category at least)

---Old Town Road, up for Record of the Year in the General field (I've already given reasons why I support rgis song, and am pleased to see it here.

So, while I understand those who've lost interest in the Grammys - for my part, there still seems plenty to look out for.

rcramer

You make a valid point there Tee.... I agree they need to split the categories... Their focus seems to weigh heavy on the more traditional country..

carriecountrystar

I do wonder If those are Carrie's decisions or her team's or label...?
About big collaborations especially with artists outside of country music, I have been waiting for years and I am starting to think she just doesn't want. : (

yeah, I agree with you....

Carrie is ultimately the one who decides the direction she wants or wants to accomplish. TBH, I feel like Carrie doesn't care to appeal to the pop masses or anything outside of country... I don't understand why because her voice is so versatile and she would have sounded incredible on any of the big EDM like collabs that Maren or Kelsea.

I feel like Carrie doesn't care that much about having a legacy outside of country music. For instance, Taylor swift always said she wanted a Shania Twain type success. Carrie's never had that desire from all these years I've gathered... which is unfortunate but it's ultimately what she wants so what can I say...

rcramer

It was written with the three Love Junkies - which may have helped the nomination (they won Grammys in 2016 & 2017, and Lori & Hillary are also nominated this year in the General field). I also think many people wanted to hear Miranda with lighter, happier material. I agree with you, though - for me it's one of the most disappointing songs on "Wildcard".

First of all, I just like to say I really enjoy reading your comments. Always well thought of and respectful. And your knowledge of Country music astounds me, and it makes for great reading your take on music and the in depth knowledge of particular artists, sound etc.....

For me, I enjoy Miranda more for her Ballads than her fast music... This song is very disappointing indeed and to me not a good choice for the 1st song off the CD.....

carriecountrystar

It's unfortunate that this site has been like that for a long time now.... that is why I don't post as much as I used to anymore.

Like you, I always skip Love Wins. One of the weakest songs Carrie has ever co written, imo.

Love Wins was the worst single choice ever amongst any of her single released... and we used to bash on Mama's Song. LOL. good times. jk.
It makes me so sad that That Song will never see the day of light. smh

ethelu

Love Wins was the worst single choice ever amongst any of her single released... and we used to bash on Mama's Song. LOL. good times. jk.
It makes me so sad that That Song will never see the day of light. smh

I think LW was a really important statement that Carrie wanted to make, but it should have been the 4th or 5th single.