Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Grammys

angeliccarrie

It makes me sad to see so many people hating on Love Wins. I like Love Wins. Honestly, my least favorite Carrie songs are on the Some Hearts album.

Farawayhills

It makes me sad to see so many people hating on Love Wins. I like Love Wins. Honestly, my least favorite Carrie songs are on the Some Hearts album.

I think there's also a positive side to the fact that fans can disagree over which songs are their favourites and which ones they find disappointing - it shows that Carrie is reaching people with different musical tastes and preferences. That's a sign that an artist can have a broad appeal, and not just get through to people whose tastes run in one relatively narrow direction..

Also, i think we should respect those differences. There's no such thing as a universally popular artist, or a universally liked song. Any artist and any song will be divisive for different people - the key to an artist's success is if, on balance, they are widely appreciated for the work they do.

HuiZ

I think LW was a really important statement that Carrie wanted to make, but it should have been the 4th or 5th single.
I think it's a fantastic idea and important statement to make as well. But my issue with it is that the execution of the idea is too bland, generic and cliched. Instead of standing out with brilliant lyrics and/or production, the song was more of a forgettable soft whimper instead of a big statement.

Hil

I think it's a fantastic idea and important statement to make as well. But my issue with it is that the execution of the idea is too bland, generic and cliched. Instead of standing out with brilliant lyrics and/or production, the song was more of a forgettable soft whimper instead of a big statement.

This was basically every critics review. Which is fine if she wants to go ahead and release it and it means something to her. However, everyone who paid attention to that knew it wasn't winning any awards. I think we all want that for her. Because Carrie is a brilliant writer/performer/singer. We just want her to get the awards she deserves. She also wrote low, which is one of the better songs of the year for anyone. Guess some of us just wish she submitted a stronger song.

Last edited:

jaymiee

Love wins gets stuck in my head a lot even though I usually skip it. All I can think about is the "I, eee I, I belive" sounds like the whitney version of "and I, eee I, will always love you"

ethelu

I also like Love Wins, but I would have preferred she release it later. A stronger song should have been the second song released from the album.

HuiZ

She could have released Low for second single, imo, if performing Southbound, DA or Backsliding feels odd during pregnancy.

Low is possibly her best co-written song AND exquisite vocals ever. It would have gotten so much acclaim, doesn't matter that it won't smash (not like LW smashed anyway!)

Anyway.... it's all what if's and what could've been now... can't change the past.

adam1995

This was basically every critics review. Which is fine if she wants to go ahead and release it and it means something to her. However, everyone who paid attention to that knew it wasn't winning any awards. I think we all want that for her. Because Carrie is a brilliant writer/performer/singer. We just want her to get the awards she deserves. She also wrote low, which is one of the better songs of the year for anyone. Guess some of us just wish she submitted a stronger song.

What's terribly sad is that "Low" likely won't get released as a single. Easily the best song on CP and one of her top 3 best songs ever.

ounathan

What's terribly sad is that "Low" likely won't get released as a single. Easily the best song on CP and one of her top 3 best songs ever.

I completely disagree about Low. IMO the best song on the album and a top 3 of all time is Ghosts on the Stereo, but that’s the beautiful thing. We can disagree and it’s all good!

adam1995

I completely disagree about Low. IMO the best song on the album and a top 3 of all time is Ghosts on the Stereo, but that’s the beautiful thing. We can disagree and it’s all good!

Ghosts is in my top three on the album as well. It too, is really a great song. Honestly, the first four songs on the album were incredible.

maddkat

Staff member
^ I haven't but the new secret committee nominating is a joke in needs to be changed. Ranking would be a much better alternative. It's the only fair way and maybe then we'd have songs/cds/artist worthy instead of these pretentious noms we keep getting.

twaintrain

Well that explains a lot. It was blatantly clear a couple years ago that something was awry when Ed Sheeran didn’t get a general field nomination despite having the biggest album and song of the year.

CU4ever

I hear some of the popular performers are now wanting to drop out too for this year...It is like there is always a reason Carrie is getting short ended. If things were fair maybe she wouldn't be snubbed at Grammy nods and at other shows (like we know already with CMA)

teesharky

Yes ever since they changed the rules to these small elitist secretive committees- Carrie has been snubbed completely. It’s terrible. Clearly there just vote for their favs with no one overseeing them. The abuse and bias is disgusting. Sorry f things do not change Carrie will never be nominated again much less win again. This committee is clearly not a fan of Carrie. The noms this year are so absurd it’s laughable. Except for Blake Shelton and Ashley McBride. They both deserve to be there.

teesharky

Well that explains a lot. It was blatantly clear a couple years ago that something was awry when Ed Sheeran didn’t get a general field nomination despite having the biggest album and song of the year.

not just the general field though. The new country committee rules ruined everything and robbed Carrie fir the last few years of her best album to date. They clearly have their favs and it’s not Carrie. Ie- to nominate that atrocious Wash song by Miranda that tanked on radio is crazy. It’s her worst lead single ever.

teesharky

Ps I love Reba and Willie- but their noms over Carrie was shocking. They need to split country into two categories like R&B does- traditional country and contemporary country. R& B does that so why not country? It makes zero sense to merge classic country with modern country. They are luke two separate genres by a wide margin.