Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Grammys

countrymama22

It would have been nice for Carrie to get a nom but I wasn’t expecting it. Had Drinking Alone been released during eligibility, I definitely would have been more frustrated. After the CMA’s I’m trying to not get my hopes up anymore. I’m excited for Reba!

Smokyiiis

Only place I remember seeing Marren Morris:

Best Country Duo/Group Performance
“Brand New Man,” Brooks & Dunn With Luke Combs
“I Don’t Remember Me (Before You),” Brothers Osborne
“Speechless,” Dan + Shay
“The Daughters,” Little Big Town
“Common,” Maren Morris Featuring Brandi Carlile

twaintrain

I think the most laughable nomination was Thomas Rhett for Country Album of the Year. How he got a nomination over Maren is bizzare

From what I’ve heard of Thomas and Maren’s albums, I prefer Thomas Rhett’s. His last album, Life Changes, was really good. I appreciate that he is making albums reflecting life and deeper themes instead of the typical beer and girls bro-Country crap. His album is on my Amazon list awaiting Black Friday sales. Lol

I particularly like “Dream You Never Had”. A song thanking his wife for living the crazy celebrity life with him even though that was never her dream.

Countryfan2448

Guess major award shows don't care anymore about Carrie's success cause 2nd straight year that they don't nominate her and she had the best years ever and i don't want her to go to the grammys since she got snubbed and to performed cause it be a waste of time to perform a 3-4 minute song..

monkeyboy16

Guess major award shows don't care anymore about Carrie's success cause 2nd straight year that they don't nominate her and she had the best years ever and i don't want her to go to the grammys since she got snubbed and to performed cause it be a waste of time to perform a 3-4 minute song..

Not to add anymore fuel to this heated discussion, but I’m really not shocked she received no nominations. Love Wins, in my opinion, was not the best song. For some reason, her team did not submit Spinning Bottles, which I think was a more worthy song. It looks like a lot of mainstream country artists were snubbed this year, so I’m not too upset about this years Grammys, especially compared to last year.

monkeyboy16

I’d love Carrie to release a gospel album over the next few months. I bet she’ll get nominations for something like that

Countryfan2448

Not to add anymore fuel to this heated discussion, but I’m really not shocked she received no nominations. Love Wins, in my opinion, was not the best song. For some reason, her team did not submit Spinning Bottles, which I think was a more worthy song. It looks like a lot of mainstream country artists were snubbed this year, so I’m not too upset about this years Grammys, especially compared to last year.

Whatever she does won't matter since its the "Fan-voted" award shows that shows respect.

adam1995

Oh no, you're not a real fan now, lol! (I'm obviously kidding.)

rcramer

So Love Wins was not worthy of a Grammy nomination but Miranda's mess was..... Well IMO Love Wins was a hundred times better..... It may not be one of Carrie' stronger singles but it least made for a cohesive CD... That I cant say about Miranda's...

If this is the best the Grammy's has based on these committee that let Carrie sit out till next year......

adam1995

So Love Wins was not worthy of a Grammy nomination but Miranda's mess was..... Well IMO Love Wins was a hundred times better..... It may not be one of Carrie' stronger singles but it least made for a cohesive CD... That I cant say about Miranda's...

If this is the best the Grammy's has based on these committee that let Carrie sit out till next year......

I feel like it did the opposite. To me LW felt totally out of place on CP.

Anyway, let's go Reba!!!!!

txacar

UMG should have submitted Low for solo performance. There is nothing out there that can touch the emotion and, of course, the beautiful vocal performance. LW is a nice song but, if this is the last year she can submit from this album, a bad choice for Grammy submission when compared to so many other superior songs.

Note: I assume rules are still the same relative to unreleased songs for solo.

carriecountrystar

Carrie submitted LW? LW is maybe at the weakest of any of her songs/albums...........

It's such a shame. I feel like her team made a lot of bad decisions with this era. From bad videos, bad single choices when there were so many STANDOUTS on this album. They should have released Low, That Song, Spinning Bottle.... It's just really disappointing the decisions her team has made. Her tour is amazing but I hope Carrie will choose better people on her team to have a better overall era next time.

I wish Carrie would do big collaborations with artists outside of country like Maren and Kelsea has done. I'm sure any big artists would LOVE to. but it'd take initiative on her part to seek it out when I feel like Carrie doesn't care as much. She could easily have huge songs outside of country if she wanted.

monkeyboy16

Love Wins is cliche and boring and offered no deeper perspective to the overall theme within the song. Clearly the general country audience agreed when you look at where it peaked and it’s call out numbers. I skip the song every time I play Cry Pretty. Miranda’s song seems to be one of her faster climbing songs and is at least a fresh take on the topic. It’s not my favorite from her, but it’s definitely original. Again, not saying it deserves a Grammy nomination, however, to me, I’m not upset that it did get recognized.

It is frustrating that this site allows us to criticize other artists and songs, but cannot critique Carries songs without our loyalty being questioned. If I loved and supported and praised every song Carrie released without any criticism, I don’t think that makes me a loyal fan. It would make me delusional. I’ll always love and support Carrie, but I also want to see her grow and evolve. Just my thoughts

simonplay

Carrie is not nominated and I don't think she will perform either so could this thread be moved to the music section?

rcramer

Love Wins is cliche and boring and offered no deeper perspective to the overall theme within the song. Clearly the general country audience agreed when you look at where it peaked and it’s call out numbers. I skip the song every time I play Cry Pretty. Miranda’s song seems to be one of her faster climbing songs and is at least a fresh take on the topic. It’s not my favorite from her, but it’s definitely original. Again, not saying it deserves a Grammy nomination, however, to me, I’m not upset that it did get recognized.

It is frustrating that this site allows us to criticize other artists and songs, but cannot critique Carries songs without our loyalty being questioned. If I loved and supported and praised every song Carrie released without any criticism, I don’t think that makes me a loyal fan. It would make me delusional. I’ll always love and support Carrie, but I also want to see her grow and evolve. Just my thoughts

It really makes me no difference... Like I had mentioned given the Grammy nominations this year and being based on committees they lack luster for me..... I just see no difference in choosing Love Wins vs IACOITW...... Miranda was the pick......

I would rather see the Grammy's the way they used to be..... I wont be watching anyway.....

Jane-Alex

Carrie submitted LW? LW is maybe at the weakest of any of her songs/albums...........

It's such a shame. I feel like her team made a lot of bad decisions with this era. From bad videos, bad single choices when there were so many STANDOUTS on this album. They should have released Low, That Song, Spinning Bottle.... It's just really disappointing the decisions her team has made. Her tour is amazing but I hope Carrie will choose better people on her team to have a better overall era next time.

I wish Carrie would do big collaborations with artists outside of country like Maren and Kelsea has done. I'm sure any big artists would LOVE to. but it'd take initiative on her part to seek it out when I feel like Carrie doesn't care as much. She could easily have huge songs outside of country if she wanted.
I do wonder If those are Carrie's decisions or her team's or label...?
About big collaborations especially with artists outside of country music, I have been waiting for years and I am starting to think she just doesn't want. : (

LilUnderwood

I wonder if signing with UMG in the contract it gave her more choice and freedom to do what she wanted and maybe some of the decisions are Carrie’s decisions and if she’s happy and I’m happy I’m good with that! I rather her feel happy and Ben able to do things her way so she keeps making music and touring and being out there. I would hate for her to feel forced into something and then eventually walk away.

jaymiee

I'm hoping all these award snubs make her want to fight harder and keep killing it with performances and new music...but part of me thinks it might discourage her and she will disappear and just be with her family :(

Hil

Why is everyone so drastic?! Has anyone paid attention to the way Carrie and others around her talk about her career? She talks bout Dolly and Reba and how they have set an example for her. Do you guys not think they have had more than their share of career (awards) setbacks? Those two probably had good advice for her backstage when she lost EOTY. Carrie, IMO, is not a person who's going to go silently into the night. It sucks losing EOTY and not getting a Grammy nom. However, If i knew she had little chance this year for a Grammy nom then I'm sure she did too. I'm just hoping she won't take as much time off as she has previously. Hopefully we'll get a new album sooner rather than later.

adam1995

Why is everyone so drastic?! Has anyone paid attention to the way Carrie and others around her talk about her career? She talks bout Dolly and Reba and how they have set an example for her. Do you guys not think they have had more than their share of career (awards) setbacks? Those two probably had good advice for her backstage when she lost EOTY. Carrie, IMO, is not a person who's going to go silently into the night. It sucks losing EOTY and not getting a Grammy nom. However, If i knew she had little chance this year for a Grammy nom then I'm sure she did too. I'm just hoping she won't take as much time off as she has previously. Hopefully we'll get a new album sooner rather than later.

I wish people would listen to this and take this to heart. You are 200% right. Carrie has already cemented her spot in country history. She is already literally and figuratively standing next to Reba and Dolly. It doesn't get much better than that. A Grammy is nice, but not the end of the world, it's truly not a make or break for her. I would have liked the EOTY, and she deserved it, but with the last week, I've accepted it. She's going to do great things in the future, with or without awards.

Anybody else want to hear a "Trio"-esque album from Carrie, Reba and Dolly? That brief song they sang in the opening sounded great.