Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Single from Cry Pretty?

What will be single 4 from CP?

• Drinking Alone

Votes: 55 71.4%
  • The Bullet

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Low

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Ghost on the Stereo

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters

simonplay

Drinking freaking Alone it's going to be epic at the CMA's...

I don't want to get my hopes up but it have to be DA!

bigd79

Drinking Alone
End Up With You
Backsliding

??? wonder what it be.

Well i think we can (mostly) all agree that drinking alone has been much more requested and asked for as a single than the bullet, backsliding, and end up with you. It will be a total shock at this point if its not drinking alone.

bigd79

She confirmed it without actually confirming it lol

DA has been much more asked for to be a single than TB, BS, & EUWY. And i don't think its really even that close? It will be a total shock if its anything other than Drinking Alone.

bigd79

It's either DA or Low.

Oops i didn't include Low in my last post. Yes, i actually will still give a slight chance its Low. (And i would happy with Low!) And i agree its one of these 2 and i give virtually 0 chance at this point to the other 3 songs that were mentioned.

I feel like if Low was going to be the single she wouldn't have done it on the Colbert show.. She wants the first tv performance to be at the CMAs.. My guess is it is Drinking Alone.

HuiZ

DA please, Carrie! Then end the era with Low as single #5. DA will do very well (hopefully) and Low will get some wonderful well-deserved acclaim. Will be perfect!

I still have hope for something other than DA. Yes it's great on the tour but I don't want a CMA performance that's just the tour performance. I want something different.

I'm still crossing my fingers for backsliding or Low. My two favourites since I sat up late and listened to the album pre-launch snippets.

CU4ever

I still have hope for something other than DA. Yes it's great on the tour but I don't want a CMA performance that's just the tour performance. I want something different.

I'm still crossing my fingers for backsliding or Low. My two favourites since I sat up late and listened to the album pre-launch snippets.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s more than likely DA- which I do enjoy a lot- but my absolute favorite is backsliding.

Farawayhills

I'm not too good at interpreting clues - when she says "we do it in the show", do people think she's referring to the Cry Pretty Tour set list, or to the upcoming CMA show?

pkc4rls

I figure it will be DA. I kind of feel Low is out since she performed it. I think they would have saved it for the CMAs if it were Low and not performed it on another show. And I don’t recall fans outwardly requesting Backsliding in any abundance unless I missed it? Carrie sometimes does the opposite of what we think but I can’t imagine it being anything but DA based on what she said - if taken literally.

If it is DA, I would like to see her approach it a little differently than she does on tour.

jaymiee

"We do it in the show" meaning tour, removes Ghosts, that song, kingdom, spinning bottles.

It better be DA! And I hope she does a different version than her tour version...not gonna lie I like the studio version better without the sax...

Farawayhills

I automatically thought she meant on the tour but who knows.

You're probably right - it's just that "the show" didn't strike me as the most natural way to refer to the whole tour (but she may have been talking during a break when a tour date was about to be played in that area).

If it is the tour set list, it would rule out two of her strongest and most interesting songs (GOTS and SpBo). But neither of those might be considered easy enough to push to radio.

It would leave Low, The Bullet, End Up With the You, Drinking Alone, and Backsliding still in with a chance.
My personal preference. would be for any of the first three (I wish I could share what so many of you see in DA, but I'm afraid it's not one of my favourites)

I have a sneaking suspicion, though, that they might go for Backsliding - which combines some pretty traditional musical parts, with a vocal that I think many might hear as classic Carrie - and so might be considered a good bet for radio.

txacar

"We do it in the show" meaning tour, removes Ghosts, that song, kingdom, spinning bottles.

It better be DA! And I hope she does a different version than her tour version...not gonna lie I like the studio version better without the sax...

I'm hoping for DA, as well, but I absolutely loved the sax -- so jazzy for a country jazz song. I've waited so long for a jazzy or bluesy Carrie song. I expect her to do the studio version at CMAs (if DA is the one).