Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Single from Cry Pretty?

What will be single 4 from CP?

• Drinking Alone

Votes: 55 71.4%
  • The Bullet

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Low

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Ghost on the Stereo

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters

CarrieAddicted

If EUWY is indeed single #4, the only way I can support it is if they send it to pop radio (any type... top 40, adult pop, contemporary etc). Just send it to pop.

EUWY is pure pop. There’s nothing remotely country about it.
It would be pathetic if they sent it to country and anyone here supporting it after criticizing for years country radio for playing pop would be hypocrites.

Maybe after 3 singles that severely struggled at country radio, they’ll finally try pop again. And this time they have EUWY, the new version of Shale of You, in their hands

simonplay

^ agree that EUWY is pure pop, call out scores would be a mess, I also have a problem with the time of the year, it would be good for spring or summer.
And I can't see her performing EUWY at the CMA's, it's too basic and uneventful, and then possibly winning Entertainer of the Year, I want a big song and performance for that night.

Orher than that, I'm ok with the song. (If they send it to pop were it belong). :p

mbh

It maybe.

Let's get it a chance if it is

We all think that Southbound won't get to #1 but it did so EUWY could too.

I agree!!! "Southbound" is VERY UNPOPULAR CHOICE of single on this site. But, LOTS OF CARRIE FANS whom I met during Cry Pretty 360 Tours do not even know about this site. MANY OF THEM "LOVE" Southbound. And it became NUMBER ONE contrary to what many people think on this site. I THINK - Carrie TEAM knows what they are doing.

adam1995

I agree!!! "Southbound" is VERY UNPOPULAR CHOICE of single on this site. But, LOTS OF CARRIE FANS whom I met during Cry Pretty 360 Tours do not even know about this site. MANY OF THEM "LOVE" Southbound. And it became NUMBER ONE contrary to what many people think on this site. I THINK - Carrie TEAM knows what they are doing.

There were many people here pulling for SB. I wasn't one of them, but my opinion was pretty unpopular.

Farawayhills

I'm genuinely pleased for Carrie that Southbound got her back to the top of the airplay charts - and I know that lots of her fans love the song, and I'm genuinely pleased for them too. But any fan base, especially a large and varied one, is going to include people with different priorities, and different musical tastes. (It's a tribute to Carrie's strength as an artist that it does so). Speaking personally, I don't take readily to Mainstream radio, which is heavily manipulated by corporate interests, excludes most strands of the broad Country Music spectrum, and too often settles for blander, unchallenging, feelgood songs. I really wouldn't be very interested in Mainstream radio, were it not that a couple of the artists I admire and support pitch to it (and, in my view, usually enliven it with songs that buck the trend.)

The difficulty I had with Southbound is that it seemed to me to veer too close to radio's generic preferences, and didn't really "buck the trend" in the way that many of Carrie's other songs have done. Maybe, in terms of career priorities, it needed to, and I fully accept that its success probably came at the right time for Carrie and many of her fans. I just don't think it fully reflected the strength of a bold and innovative album - and probably, as a side effect, prevented songs that I admire more from getting wider exposure, But that's just a personal opinion, and is not meant to deny other people's liking for the song, or admiration of its success.

(As I mentioned, the reason i would actually rate EUWY more highly than Southbound is that it strikes me as a bolder song, showing more innovation and independence. Like some of the other choices, it might possibly not do as well on the airplay charts - but that isn't the main way I evaluate what songs mean to me)

HuiZ

If they want to try pop route, That Song.. and Backsliding are SO MUCH BETTER than EUWY.

EUWY is nice but so generic.

CU4ever

I may be biased because Backsliding is my favorite song off the album, and I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I think they should release it next. It's radio candy and so so catchy.

They had no problem playing Meant to Be (Bebe Rexha was even credited as lead artist), and Miss Me More, which were very poppy, so I don't think they have a problem with pop sounding songs.

Carrieroxmysox2011

I think we all know EUTY isn't among the best songs on the album, but I think it would do fairly well at radio, its catchy and relatable, and to me the lyrics are very country.

Carrieroxmysox2011

I may be biased because Backsliding is my favorite song off the album, and I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I think they should release it next. It's radio candy and so so catchy.

They had no problem playing Meant to Be (Bebe Rexha was even credited as lead artist), and Miss Me More, which were very poppy, so I don't think they have a problem with pop sounding songs.

I would be on board with Backsliding.

Carrieroxmysox2011

Since the tour ends this month, I think the songs on the album that weren't performed live on the tour have a chance of being a single now.

angeliccarrie

I really like end up with you, afterall I had this song on non-stop when it was released as a promo song. This is the song that really made me excited for the album. I just don't think its country. I actually thought this would be a good pop single, so I'm on the fence with this one. It is really catchy, but I'm not sure how country radio will take to it.

HuiZ

I went to youtube to listen to That Song... after not hearing it for a long time. OMG, I repeated it 3 times in a row. Forgot how much of an earworm it is! The vocals and production choices were perfect too. Her live performance at fan club party sounded fantastic as well.

Torn between my love for Low, That Song... and Backsliding for single. DA isn't my top fav but I would pick it solely because it is clearly a crowd fav, and sounded amazing live.

marpoe

I really like end up with you, afterall I had this song on non-stop when it was released as a promo song. This is the song that really made me excited for the album. I just don't think its country. I actually thought this would be a good pop single, so I'm on the fence with this one. It is really catchy, but I'm not sure how country radio will take to it.

Talking about it being pop, I agree and I think country radio will still take it. If ever will have a fifth single and she always close the era with a duet, I can imagine EUWY collab with the likes of Ed Sheeran or One Republic (the sound fits them) . Wishful thinking here.

Smokyiiis

I think Carries recent instastory with Mike last night may indicate that the next single is EUWY and I’m one of those that really doesn’t support that single as anywhere near the best the album has to offer.

maddkat

Staff member
I support whatever song Carrie chooses to release from her album. I don't care what she releases. They are all good choices if that's what she wants. She's the one that's gotta sing them. I mean seriously if I can live through Mama's Song release anything else is gravy.

pkslongbeach

….remember its not Carries choice. I am sure she is part of the conversation (or she may not be at all) but she is not the deciding factor. Its the label. She made the album with their money, and they decide how to promote it using any singles they choose...

I think Backsliding is a great compromise between the very poppy stuff on the album and the more country stuff. (I would secretly love TSTWMLT)

Low would be a disaster. I suffered through CP and it was the worst choice of an opening single of her career. Low would most certainly end the era on a LOW.....

maddkat

Staff member
^ not a single one of us know how much input she has into singles.

Clearly CP was her choice, based on what she's said LW and SB seemed to be her choices as well

and Low is the best thing she's ever recorded ( next to SpB) so it'd be a great choice