Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

55th ACM Awards

jaymiee

I'm still a little annoyed but she still won so I'm happy. Plus she's getting way more press this way I feel like ��

However I have absolutely NO hope for the CMAs. Especially with Miranda nominated she will take all the votes from Carrie and be the 1st woman to win

rcramer

^^^ When it comes to the CMA's.... I blame no one but WME....... So I will take the 3 ACM's EOTY over their blocked BS..... Plus she broke history for females.....

adam1995

In the moment last night I was a little mad (I shouldn’t have been), but I’m content with it now. It just felt so typical with how things normally go...like we have been waiting since 2010 for this to happen again and had gotten so close to some big solo wins, and of course it’ll forever have an asterisk by it. I think the reactions are more so in regard to Thomas Rhett being the other person based off of the comments in general, like Saving Country Music’s latest article. I think part of it is feeling as though this situation was so avoidable (and I feel pretty confident a tie break would have lead to her being the sole winner). That said, Carrie will be the one remembered down the road, not TR, and I’m just forgetting about him because I don’t think he’s remotely comparable to Carrie. Her press conference was really nice too.

The thing is this is so atypical to how things go. It never happened before, and Carrie was a part of history. This is very cool, in my opinion.

adam1995

I'm still a little annoyed but she still won so I'm happy. Plus she's getting way more press this way I feel like ��

However I have absolutely NO hope for the CMAs. Especially with Miranda nominated she will take all the votes from Carrie and be the 1st woman to win

Carrie would take votes from her too (possibly). Plus, neither would be the first woman to win (I'm sure you know that, just wanted to clarify). I mentioned I have tempered expectations, but a bit more hope. I see the win last night as her having support from the industry, and that there is some recognition in the injustice towards her, even with her major success and deserving to win. That can work in her favor.

adam1995

Also, I forgot to mention I really liked Kelsea's new song. It sounded very country, and a bit classic. Hopefully, she explores that sound more on her new album.

Also, again (lol), I thought the stripped back performances were so much nicer. Not so loud, and way more focus on the artist and song.

pkslongbeach

I guess it wouldn't be a Carrie Underwood award show if fans didn't have to search uselessly for videos of her performances. I remember the days when artists wanted their material to get huge numbers of views. But never Carries. Always removed and controlled. Oh well..... I am kind of thrilled that she won a tie, since she has won twice already anyway. This way it created lots of buzz and a lot of people like Rhett very much. I am very happy about it. I do wish I could see her performances. But I am sure she did her amazing self!

Smokyiiis

I guess it wouldn't be a Carrie Underwood award show if fans didn't have to search uselessly for videos of her performances. I remember the days when artists wanted their material to get huge numbers of views. But never Carries. Always removed and controlled. Oh well..... I am kind of thrilled that she won a tie, since she has won twice already anyway. This way it created lots of buzz and a lot of people like Rhett very much. I am very happy about it. I do wish I could see her performances. But I am sure she did her amazing self!

Her performances are in the media section of the site.

adam1995

Sorry for all the posts. I watched the show and didn't come here at all, and today I am remembering things I want to say in fragments. I really did like Trigger from Saving Country Music's comment on how Carrie is how pop country should be. I see where people can take it in a bad way, but it shows that while he may not be a Carrie music fan, he has respect for her.

twaintrain

Also, I forgot to mention I really liked Kelsea's new song. It sounded very country, and a bit classic. Hopefully, she explores that sound more on her new album.

Also, again (lol), I thought the stripped back performances were so much nicer. Not so loud, and way more focus on the artist and song.

I heard that song on the radio and liked it but didn’t know who sang it. Honestly it may be the first Kelsea song I actually like. Wow, 2020. Lol

AdamJ

The nurses and I agree that Carrie Underwood should NOT have to share her accomplishments with ANYONE at all. I am happy for her but it was like a slap in the face and telling her that she is second to the men and could not have won the award on her own merits. I have nothing against Thomas R. and I wish him well. However, I can not name one of his songs and some of us did not know who he was. Makes you question all the award shows and start thinking they are not worth watching. Carrie has earned everything she has gotten by her hard work and dedication to be the best she can possibly be at all times since she won Idol. No one represents country music as she has done all these years. In my opinion she should have won ETOTY without a tie with anyone. Just sayin.....

adam1995

The nurses and I agree that Carrie Underwood should NOT have to share her accomplishments with ANYONE at all. I am happy for her but it was like a slap in the face and telling her that she is second to the men and could not have won the award on her own merits. I have nothing against Thomas R. and I wish him well. However, I can not name one of his songs and some of us did not know who he was. Makes you question all the award shows and start thinking they are not worth watching. Carrie has earned everything she has gotten by her hard work and dedication to be the best she can possibly be at all times since she won Idol. No one represents country music as she has done all these years. In my opinion she should have won ETOTY without a tie with anyone. Just sayin.....

I understand the frustration, I suppose. But, this sounds like you (and actually not just you) are assuming that Carrie did not get her votes legitimately or that Thomas did not get his votes legitimately. The possibility of a tie, while minute, is real. Honestly, I'd think that if they didn't want to give Carrie the award solo (which I doubt), they would have chosen Eric to correct that CMA issue as well. Thomas is still young and could win this yet, Eric has been around a bit longer and is still waiting on the award as well. I'm not saying you can't be mad, I'm just saying that the possibility that a legitimate tie is there.

Still a historic night that people will talk about with Carrie as the main headline. And honestly, if anyone is overshadowed by this event, it's Thomas.

AdamJ

I understand the frustration, I suppose. But, this sounds like you (and actually not just you) are assuming that Carrie did not get her votes legitimately or that Thomas did not get his votes legitimately. The possibility of a tie, while minute, is real. Honestly, I'd think that if they didn't want to give Carrie the award solo (which I doubt), they would have chosen Eric to correct that CMA issue as well. Thomas is still young and could win this yet, Eric has been around a bit longer and is still waiting on the award as well. I'm not saying you can't be mad, I'm just saying that the possibility that a legitimate tie is there.

Still a historic night that people will talk about with Carrie as the main headline. And honestly, if anyone is overshadowed by this event, it's Thomas.

I am not angry at all. I just stated that Carrie should NOT have to share any award with anyone at all. She or Thomas should have won solo and avoided the controversy and confusion. I think the ETOTY award should be just one person. It is like Tom Brady and Andy Dalton sharing the pitcher of the year award when clearly one is a better pitcher than the other. If they did not want to give the award to Carrie then they should have given it to Thomas---or Eric, who in my opinion deserved it as much as Carrie.

adam1995

I am not angry at all. I just stated that Carrie should NOT have to share any award with anyone at all. She or Thomas should have won solo and avoided the controversy and confusion. I think the ETOTY award should be just one person. It is like Tom Brady and Andy Dalton sharing the pitcher of the year award when clearly one is a better pitcher than the other. If they did not want to give the award to Carrie then they should have given it to Thomas---or Eric, who in my opinion deserved it as much as Carrie.

But if they tied and the ACM did not do a re-vote or runoff, which they clearly didn't, then they both won. You can't just throw one of them away if the votes fall the way they did. We don't know what happened behind the scenes, and likely won't, so the best we can do is assume they both won legitimately.

Also, I think you mean quarterback of the year, lol. Because if I have to see Tom Brady in baseball and football, I'll lose it, haha.

hjj

I am ok if it is indeed a tie. Unless they had rules in their ACM board guidelines already only thing they could do. Why should it be one over the other?

Hil

I wasn’t surprised by “The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia,” it’s one of Reba’s top 3 most iconic songs. The song that really surprised me was “Why’d You Come In Here Lookin’ Like That” and it was a welcomed surprise! So fun! Wouldn’t mind hearing it AND “A Broken Wing” on the next tour.

That's probably my favorite Reba song so I was thrilled she sang it. And she was so expressive. We need a cover of Crazy, Whyd you come in here, Night the lights went out.