Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

55th ACM Awards

MelissaD

P!nk
@Pink
@carrieunderwood stole my heart again tonight #ACMawards

P!nk has always been supportive of Carrie, which is really nice since she's an extremely tough (and honest) critic lol. I remember she tweeted her appreciation for Carrie's vocals at the 2012 Billboard Awards when she performed BA in the red dress.

Trigger actually wrote a very complimentary article over at SCM about Carrie doing a classic country album. He had to throw in a small few jabs of course about his own opinions of her, but I like the praise she is still getting about her performance. I don't even know how many times I have watched it, especially the ending!

AdamJ

But if they tied and the ACM did not do a re-vote or runoff, which they clearly didn't, then they both won. You can't just throw one of them away if the votes fall the way they did. We don't know what happened behind the scenes, and likely won't, so the best we can do is assume they both won legitimately.

Also, I think you mean quarterback of the year, lol. Because if I have to see Tom Brady in baseball and football, I'll lose it, haha.

I think they should have done a re-vote. They had enough time to do it. Again, I am not saying Carrie and Thomas did not get the same amount of votes for a tie, but I'll bet both of them wish it was one or the other that won and not have to share the award. They were both gracious in their acceptance speeches. BTW Carrie did an amazing performance for the ladies of the Opry. I knew if anyone could sing a Patsy song and do it justice---it would be Carrie.

YEP---you are right---I meant quarterback. NO Tom Brady or Andy in baseball. What a disaster that would be. Instead of hitting the ball--they would just throw it...LOL I have had a rough day doing 2 surgeries and rounds. Guess my mind is on a break right now---LOL

Hil

I think they should have done a re-vote. They had enough time to do it. Again, I am not saying Carrie and Thomas did not get the same amount of votes for a tie, but I'll bet both of them wish it was one or the other that won and not have to share the award. They were both gracious in their acceptance speeches. BTW Carrie did an amazing performance for the ladies of the Opry. I knew if anyone could sing a Patsy song and do it justice---it would be Carrie.

YEP---you are right---I meant quarterback. NO Tom Brady or Andy in baseball. What a disaster that would be. Instead of hitting the ball--they would just throw it...LOL I have had a rough day doing 2 surgeries and rounds. Guess my mind is on a break right now---LOL

And if the re-vote didn't go your way? Just be happy she won everybody. That's not to you personally, but all these people wanting a tie breaker have to remember history says we don't win.

adam1995

I'm sure someone like Thomas, who has never won, probably would have preferred to be alone. Carrie's won before, so maybe it isn't as big a deal to her, but I don't know that they'd prefer the other to win if it meant they had to lose, nobody really wants to lose. Maybe, they should have revoted, but the possibility is then neither wins. A runoff, likely would have decided between the two, and the ACMs absolutely could have done one with the time they had, but we also need to remember not many usually know the winners ahead of time. An accounting firm counts the votes, I'm not sure who prints up the cards, but if they are counted and sealed by an outside firm, the possibility is there that some didn't know a tie was coming.

Haha, no trouble, I figured it was just a slip. Keep up the good work, though, you're doing work I never could.

twaintrain

I read an article explaining that a tie is indeed possible at the ACMs and the rules state in the event of a tie both artists receive an award. They said the results from the original vote were kept confidential and the ACMs made sure they weren’t tampered with. I think it was on Taste of Country.

abbeyjones18

Brady actually did play baseball, and was actually drafted by the old Montreal Expos baseball team before choosing football instead. 🙂

LilUnderwood

I still can’t get over how amazing her performance was last night. I always get emotional when she covers Martina because it’s a full circle moment and dang Broken Wing is an amazing song and to hear her just show up and blow it up with an amazing vocal honestly was the highlight of my week!!

It makes me happy that Carrie seems so happy about the show based off of her recent tweets! Caylee Hammack tweeted about her performance again...it seems like so many ladies are in awe of Carrie.

ChoctawCountyAffair

Did Carrie's team upload her performance on Youtube? I can't find it. I pretty sure that if they did upload it, they probably blocked it for international fans LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO.