Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

55th ACM Awards

Countryfan2448

Loretta LynnLike Page
14h
Congrats to Carrie Underwood and Thomas Rhett. Carrie Underwood, you did great singing our songs. #girlsofcountrymusic #girlsgetitdone #aintwomanenough #acm #acmawards
119760910_10158844042273523_164792642629905671_o.jpg

Carrie Underwood
@carrieunderwood
·
1h
That means the world to me, Loretta! I love you more than words could ever say! ❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:

Hil

I always cap for myself to keep her performances, and then of course share with you guys to do what you want with them, and I always will. But you would think in an era where everyone uploads to youtube and streaming platforms her team would. Not only is streaming important, but it does seem to limit access to people who want to see her performances. A lot of fans don't know about CF, especially casual fans. It's strange. Cause like I said, even if I do cap to keep for years to come I would totally watch on the streaming service just to give her views. idk, maybe they have a reason we don't know.

Farawayhills

So very happy for a Carrie but I have to ask. So they are trying to tell us with how many people that get to vote for EOTY, neither one got just one more tiny little vote then the other? Exactly tied down to the last vote counted? Hard to buy but ok. I am just glad she gets to say she won EOTY at least.

It rarely does, but it can happen (and has, occasionally, in some of the other categories). Don't forget it doesn't just come down to 50% voting for each of the winners - there will have been big votes for the other candidates in the final pool too. (The split in voting support for Carrie and Rhett is interesting - even if we can only speculate for the reasons. It is almost beyond denial now that there is a "boys club" mentality in the industry - and that is nowadays up against the growing desire of many voters to combat that prejudice. I was expecting a reaction in ACM voting against the widely felt sense of let down in the last CMA EOTY voting - but that feeling would not have been universal. Rhett, I feel would have appealed to many who are heavily involved in the commercial "Music Row" side of Nashville, while some at the ACM like to stress their independence of Nashville, and their more progressive musical outlook. It's generally felt that, for historic reasons, there is a regional influence in the voting. Carrie has always had more support at the ACM, whiler Rhett's South-Eastern origins and family connection may appeal more to voters lacking the ACM's more traditional links with OK, TX and CA. Also I feel they are genuinely different artists in musical style and direction - Carrie being (at least in my view) more of a genre loyalist - which would have different implications for voters with different ideas of the industry's priorities. Any of that can, perhaps, help to explain why the voting pool was so tightly split this year.)

simonplay

I don't think that there is a explanation for her team to not upload her performances to YouTube, her team is just a mess! They uploaded Southbound at the ACM's and Spinning Bottles at the AMA's, they just upload the videos when they remember to do their jobs it seems, any of us would do a much better job! Hire any of us Carrie! Lol

abbeyjones18

It's not like every performer added the videos at the same time...the vids have been added gradually, not all at once. I haven't seen Eric Church's yet.

ChoctawCountyAffair

It's not like every performer added the videos at the same time...the vids have been added gradually, not all at once. I haven't seen Eric Church's yet.

Yes, i know, but she is Carrie Underwood and her performance was the best of the night and everyone was talking about it. I if i was part of her team, i would've uploaded it sooner

Farawayhills

I love those messages of congratulation from the artists whose songs Carrie sang in the medley (Loretta's especially meant a lot to me too)

As well as the justified reviews praising her ability to cover classic artists, I would stress how skilled she is in shifting style, characterization and ethos. There's no way those can just be lumped together as tributes to some vague past - they are all different in music and in the message and atmosphere they convey. Carrie can express and interpret that variety with the same awareness and loyalty.