Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol 2018 on ABC

simonplay

They need to change all the judges! The original 3 were the best ever! If they can bring back Randy, Paula and Simon the show will be a success again!

I miss Carrie singing her songs in that stage! She could debut the lead single there!

thaifood

They need to change all the judges! The original 3 were the best ever! If they can bring back Randy, Paula and Simon the show will be a success again!

I miss Carrie singing her songs in that stage! She could debut the lead single there!

They need to change them all...in the next sentence, bring back the original 3....& nary the twain doth meet. PS: Simon is an arrogant pr&*k, Randy Jackso is just a complete moron.

Suellen

I wish Simon would come back too; if Simon didn't bring AI to America we would never have heard of Carrie Underwood.

thaifood

I wish Simon would come back too; if Simon didn't bring AI to America we would never have heard of Carrie Underwood.

Simon had nothing to do with bringing Idol to America. He was nothing more than a hired judge. You are giving him the credit that should go to Simon Fuller.

pklongbeach

Yeah, with the original panel, you had two men with a lot of experience in the music industry between Randy and Simon who weren't actual artists themselves. Paula was the only one that had an actual career as an artist and I've never been quite sure what purpose she served other than to be the one that builds the contestants up rather than critiquing them. It would be good if they could get back to more of the behind-the-scenes judges that know how to develop artists rather than artists themselves.
Remember that Paula was a professional dancer and choreographer who was well respected in the industry and who had extensive work auditioning and choregraphing dancers and other talents. So she was already very well versed in judging auditions and recognizing talent. She wasz a bit goofy, but she knew her stuff as far as "behind the scenes industry" goes.....

HuiZ

Simon, Paula, Randy started off as the perfect combo of judges actually. So I don't quite agree with you, thaifood.

It's only after many seasons that they started to show signs of boredom, arrogance and lack of professionalism.

In the early seasons, Simon was almost always spot on, IMO.

Audra

I wish they wouldn't bring it back, to be honest...I made my peace when it ended last year and I was kind of glad it ended cause it was just getting boring and I didn't even watch the last couple seasons of it. They made it such a huge deal with it being the last season and all and made it huge by bringing back a lot of the previous winners and singers that came from the show. It hasn't been gone long enough, let it be gone for like years, not just one year and then try and bring it back. It was a sinking ship and ending it was the best thing they could have done. Bringing it back on another station I don't think would truly change it or make it popular again.

Josh

He is the one person I absolutely learned to loathe on that show. Stay in England & do more of your telletubbies work Simon, that's what you are best at.

LMAO! I don't care for him, but I felt like he was an important part of AI.

Josh

They need to change them all...in the next sentence, bring back the original 3....& nary the twain doth meet. PS: Simon is an arrogant pr&*k, Randy Jackso is just a complete moron.

I somewhat liked his arrogance. Of course, I hate if the contestants are actually offended by him, but I liked him. He brought a certain edge to the show that I don't see in other talent shows anymore.

Kizmet311

I always like Chris. Looking forward to (maybe) watching him on the show. I only say maybe because I've pretty much stopped watching the singing competition shows so it will take a lot for me to start again.

lolita55

I'm glad that it is going to be on ABC and not NBC. But I still think that the voice needs to only be on once a year because twice is to much.

I am ok with Blake and Adam being the two main judges, but the other 2 need to be completly different each season. So no more Gwen, Miley etc.

pklongbeach

Well there is one thing it will have going for it!

I am still a little meh about the fact that it pretended to end, when in fact it appears they really never intended to end it, just to revamp it to make it more affordable.

hjj

Good luck to Luke. I hope he is not unfairly judged for his accent and also being a country artist.