Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol 2018 on ABC

Kizmet311

I may have to at least watch the auditions this year. Haven't watched Idol in years except when Carrie made appearances. However, we caught one of the promos for the upcoming season and there was a girl, a cheerleader I think, from my husband's high school singing. She goes to Marion County High School in Lebanon, KY. I was the one that caught it and rewound when we saw the commercial. I'm always interested in Kentuckians who are on these shows and even more so since this one is from the hubby's hometown. Lebanon is a pretty small place so we'll have to figure out who she is and see if my hubby knows her parents or not.

DaisyTweets

On After Midnight this morning, they had a few tidbits about the upcoming show. Apparently, the show runners are worried that the show is going to be on the boring side because the judges get along too well. Apparently there's no tension between judges like there is on the Voice like between Mr. BS and AL or like between Simon & Paula.

Also, there's concern about the live shows because apparently KP has a problem with getting to the set on time. Most times she's been 20 - 25 minutes late. This has angered and frustrated the staff but not her fellow judges.

HuiZ

Wow they got Katy? And not airing bad auditions? Meh about the other two judges though.

Hmmm... maybe I am gonna at least check out the premiere episode.

opry051008

I'm excited for this. I'm pretty bored of the Voice now. I watch the blind audition phase then tune out. The Four is really lame and The Launch is meh.

Smokyiiis

I'm way beyond bored by THE VOICE. Besides it is NEVER about the singer on the voice. It's ALWAYS invariably about the coach and I couldn't name two winners if you paid me. I can name almost all if not ALL of the idols. And besides, I can no longer tolerate Blake's cheating face.

DaisyTweets

Personally, I think they need to give all of these shows a BIG ole break. Idol started to get old after Carrie won. And none of the newer shows have selected a successful artist. And certainly no one as HUGE as Carrie. I just think the viewing public is tired of this concept.

_luvqry

I still love Idol but I think this one is already having problems. Katie never shows up on time for the auditions. They are paying her a bundle, so guess she thinks the rules don't apply to her.

Her career and her last album just flopping... she could at least try to grab this last chance or just be professional.

simonplay

OMG !! American Idol its going to be in TV here in Uruguay and all Latin America again!!

I just saw Carrie's audition in a commercial, they showed a clip of her singing ICMYLM!

maddkat

Staff member
someone explain this to me

@AmericanIdol
9m
Secret's out!
1f440.29bd9bf8b6.png
@mrBobbyBones is joining #AmericanIdol to work with our Top 24 contestants this season!
1f64c.0dc0a55e15.png

he can't sing,he's not funny,he's a terrible host,what the heck is he going to help them with?

opry051008

someone explain this to me

@AmericanIdol
9m
Secret's out!
1f440.29bd9bf8b6.png
@mrBobbyBones is joining #AmericanIdol to work with our Top 24 contestants this season!
1f64c.0dc0a55e15.png

he can't sing,he's not funny,he's a terrible host,what the heck is he going to help them with?

Probably because it's highly unlikely that they will become a big star right after the show is over so the one thing that Bobby Bones is good at is self promotion so he can definitely help them with that. He can also help them to understand what behind the scenes work is involved in getting played on the radio so they can learn about that aspect to. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I heard that Bobby has been helpful with some up and coming artists by promoting them on his show. I think it's worth a try because the involvement of top music executives (Jimmy/Scott) didn't really pan out.

liz278

Probably because it's highly unlikely that they will become a big star right after the show is over so the one thing that Bobby Bones is good at is self promotion so he can definitely help them with that. He can also help them to understand what behind the scenes work is involved in getting played on the radio so they can learn about that aspect to. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I heard that Bobby has been helpful with some up and coming artists by promoting them on his show. I think it's worth a try because the involvement of top music executives (Jimmy/Scott) didn't really pan out.

I agree with this in principle, but having Bobby on the show isn't going to make me watch the show. Bobby can be so irritating. I can handle just a little bit of him. Now watch, the first show Carrie does is his show :)

opry051008

I agree with this in principle, but having Bobby on the show isn't going to make me watch the show. Bobby can be so irritating. I can handle just a little bit of him. Now watch, the first show Carrie does is his show :)

He can definitely be irritating... but if the audience doesn't like him they can edit him to a minimum like they eventually did with Jimmy Iovine. He also probably came with a cheap price tag after the judges fiasco.

I know he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea & I can see how he would be annoying for a lot of people,including you,so I can see how he would rub a lot of people the wrong way.I like him a lot!!He’s helped a lot of up and coming country singers get their big break by him playing their music on his show & just by being on his show has helped get a lot of people exposure that they probably wouldn’t get normally.He isn’t a bad person,but to some people,he can be irritating.Of course Carrie would do his show,they’re good friends & she did a song on one of his comedy albums & he adores her,so naturally his show would be her first stop when she starts promoting her new music & her new album.