Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol 2018 on ABC

txacar

Good luck to Luke. I hope he is not unfairly judged for his accent and also being a country artist.

I'll definitely watch, and I think Luke will do a good job. Have never been a fan of his music, but am a huge fan of Luke the man. I think he will take the contestants' performances seriously and give them good feedback.

teesharky

I think he will be great. Keith Urban did a wonderful job as Judge. Granted he doesn't have a Southern accent like Luke, but he is a country artist. I think this is a great move by American Idol.

DaisyTweets

I'm fine with Luke being a judge. I think he will bring that Blake Shelton aspect to the show. I still don't know why they signed Katy though.
And if you're viewing that as a good thing, then AI will fast be seen as being the Voice clone. AI used to be the gold standard for the singing competition shows. I'd hate for it to be seen as trying to 'copy' the formula that is for me, the unwatchable the Voice.

Bitterblue

Honestly....I think they should let it go. AI had an amazing run, and we got so many amazing singers from it, but all good things must come to an end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lolita55

And if you're viewing that as a good thing, then AI will fast be seen as being the Voice clone. AI used to be the gold standard for the singing competition shows. I'd hate for it to be seen as trying to 'copy' the formula that is for me, the unwatchable the Voice.

They need to bring in viewers though, and while I am not the biggest fan of the voice they do have the viewership.

I just don't see Luke or Katy bringing anything special to the table as far as judging goes.

txacar

They need to bring in viewers though, and while I am not the biggest fan of the voice they do have the viewership.

I just don't see Luke or Katy bringing anything special to the table as far as judging goes.

Unfortunately, The Voice has made it all about the judges with little focus on the contestants. Katy and Luke will have to compete with Voice clowns for ratings, rather than contestants competing with each other for a singing careers. I always watched Idol live. Could never watch Voice without recording and fast forwarding through the judges.

lolita55

Unfortunately, The Voice has made it all about the judges with little focus on the contestants. Katy and Luke will have to compete with Voice clowns for ratings, rather than contestants competing with each other for a singing careers. I always watched Idol live. Could never watch Voice without recording and fast forwarding through the judges.

That's why I am not a fan of it. We hardly hear about the contestants at all anymore, it's just all about the judges.

DaisyTweets

Lionel Richie is the third judge, they really are just trying to copy the voice.
This is what I'm thinking as well, D. And it's really a shame -- the once glorious American Idol. This is really sad especially since the ratings for The Voice are now going down with each successive season. I think people are really getting tired of the judges shtick!

liz278

Still haven't given me a reason to watch. I don't watch The Voice & find no reason to watch this. I already have more than enough TV shows to watch right now.

maddkat

Staff member
I don't get the comparison. And why would anyone try to copy something that is less successful than you?
to the second part I haven't a clue.
To the first part the comparison for me is it's all about the judges.Back in it's heyday Idol was about the contestants. Yes the judges had their antics but they were minimal.It was about actually judging the contestant.The last few years ,much like on the voice, it was all about the judges and how cute their little dust ups could be & how much airtime they could each get.Contestants, like on the voice,took a back seat.I was hoping it would get back to putting the focus on the contestants but with this panel I don't see that happening.All imo of course

rcramer

^^^ I so agree about Idol. That is actually what made me stop watching Idol... The first 4 seasons it truly had more focus on the contestant. After Carrie's season it all went down hill for me at least........

DaisyTweets

I mean let's face it the reboot is already off to a great start being about anything other than the contestants -- all the press has been about how much money the judges and RS are going to be making. Doesn't that just make everyone want to watch the show??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

simonplay

I think this is the best judges in Idol since the original 3.
Katy is the pop superstar, Luke the biggest country star of the last years and Lionel is the legend.
It will be so much fun to watch the auditions with Katy and Luke!

I just hope they broadcast Idol in some channel in Latin America!!

thaifood

I mean let's face it the reboot is already off to a great start being about anything other than the contestants -- all the press has been about how much money the judges and RS are going to be making. Doesn't that just make everyone want to watch the show??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well, let's be honest here for a bit. There has been nothing else to talk about. The judges have not been involved with the auditions so there are no contestants to speculate on. They had to start somewhere & they had to start with the judges. Me thinks you folks are blasting a show & a judges panel that we have not seen yet.

txacar

I don't recall ever seeing the contestants prior to the first show of the season and don't expect to this year. I'm looking forward to the new Idol. With the exception of the Miriah/Minaj year, the judges have primarily focused their attention on the performances and not their own silliness. Hope it will be a good show -- I desperately need something to watch, lol.