Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol 2018 on ABC

Smokyiiis

I follow her on Instagram and she is pretty good at least my opinion, and I think she’s in the last round of audition shows from what she’s said. I’m excited to see how far she goes!
Wow after y’all talked about her I went on you tube and watched a few videos of hers. She was good. I look forward to the audition too!

pklongbeach

I am enjoying the process. It feels like old times. I appreciated the shout out to Carrie but the girl who sang ITYS was a complete letdown and should not have even been sent to Hollywood. The guy in Black was not strong enough either. I am with Maddkat in wondering how and why they are choosing these niche singers. I have hopes for a few but I always ask myself "certainly there are better singers out there..." they are just not showing them.....

As for the judges, I like their chemistry. Lionel seems to be the only one to give them true insight and useful knowledge about their ability. And that's ok for now. I don't expect Katy Perry to school anyone on singing when she admits she can't even sing her own songs properly..... But as judges and personalities I like them fine. Much better than other judges from that past that I just cringe when I think about........

Smokyiiis

Oh there was a girl that prepared ONLY Carrie Underwood songs for her audition. She sang GOOD GIRL before they asked her to sing something else. Her rendition of Good Girl was horrendous in my opinion

rcramer

Oh there was a girl that prepared ONLY Carrie Underwood songs for her audition. She sang GOOD GIRL before they asked her to sing something else. Her rendition of Good Girl was horrendous in my opinion

I certainly was not expecting her to sing GG or any of Carrie's songs, I do realize that she liked her and all...... I have heard her do other songs and the girl can definitely SANG......... Something just did not feel right to me with her audition... I mean she really did not get that far from the song she ended up singing and when the judges stopped her......

simonplay

^ Yeah and she wanted to sing Church Bells after GG! A true fan! haha!

Agree about Jurnee, she is my #1 pick to win!
Then the boy that now is a girl (that got me so confused, Im not sure if he will compete like a boy or like a girl) what a voice!!

maddkat

Staff member
the Carrie girl...man GG was bad.But then most of the acts last night were.That one that sang about a lion????

I did liked the Rise Up girl, but I suspect she's not showy enough for AI.They want ready made stars now instead of watching them grow over the weeks.

about the judges...I know I harp but Luke is almost unwatchable.So annoying.Again Lionel needs to stay in his seat. During live shows is he constantly gonna go up and touch the contestants?Also I didn't care for his it all starts with the songwriting line.Personally I feel this attitude is what drove the show to ruin.There are so many amazing singers who do not write.They should be heard and this AI, as the past years, is shutting them out.

DaisyTweets

I agree with D, about LB. And what's with the hat on again???? And I decided after watching part of the show last night, that they way OVER paid to get KP on the show. It's ridiculous actually.

maddkat

Staff member
^I liked it, but would have liked to see a little more of the group trauma.Always thought that was hilarious.
I'd still like to see them go back to no instruments.Too many of them hide behind their guitars.

pklongbeach

I agree with the singer/songwriter thing. It feels like they are really focused on it this year. And most of the time, since this is a singing competition, we need to hear them do something else anyway to really get a sense of if they are going to be a good singer or not.

Example: I like the girl who sang "I Kissed A Girl". But do I believe she can be the kind of well rounded singer who can sing all kinds of styles? No Way! And if it is going to be a repeat of Phillip Phillips year where he just did the same thing week after week for 2 months, I am not interested. And clearly, neither was America.....

maddkat

Staff member
^ that's what happened the last few years of the show.Contestants came out and sang the exact same type of song each week.Showing no variety or growth.It was boring. I say bring back genre theme weeks and lets see who can really sing and not just sing affectedly behind a guitar.
Also I'd love for them to go back to the small live band during live shows and stop all the big production which again hides whether they can actually sing or not.

Kizmet311

I decided to skip the last audition show, which was on my DVR, and just watch the Hollywood Rounds last night. I've mainly been watching to see how the girl from my husband's hometown is doing and she was the first up last night for the first solo performance (Layla Spring). I'm mainly watching for her out of curiosity, but I don't actually care for her. I think her personality is just a little too much. She's an ok singer, but I don't think she will win the show. I had to google whether she made it through group rounds since they didn't show hers last night. I thought it was kind of weird that they didn't show all the groups for the people whose auditions they have highlighted.

I feel like Hollywood week is never anyone's best week. I think it was even Carrie's worst week, lol. Didn't she forget the words during her group performance? I swear, it must be like boot camp and they must not let the contestants sleep, lol. Even people I was impressed with during the auditions didn't really impress me last night. I've read the spoilers for the Top 24 and Top 14 (not sure how they get from 24 to 14, but it appears that happens before the live shows). It seems to be quite an eclectic bunch and I'm not sure I'll keep watching once Layla is gone.

One thing I was REALLY happy about after last night was that Kennedee (from Carrie's hometown) is GONE. Thank goodness. She is not that great of a singer and I think her personality sucks. In her little clip after she was told she was going home she said something like they made a mistake or a bad decision. I mean, just be gracious about the experience and you can say you won't give up, but don't act like the judges made a mistake because you think you're so great. I know Carrie supported her because Carrie is sweet and Carrie might actually know her since the girl's mom works at the animal shelter, so I'll give Carrie a pass on that one, haha. Because the girl wasn't good.

DaisyTweets

Man that singer from Checotah. Is it mean of me if I say that I'm glad that she didn't make it any further???? She just wasn't very good. And her attitude!!!

I guess I was surprised with how fast things moved last night. I apparently have forgotten that that's how fast the Hollywood week shows go!!!! Makes it hard to make a connection with any of the singers.

Louisa

No disrespect to the singers who sing Carrie songs on the show, but I wish they’d stop trying to be the next Carrie Underwood. There is no next Carrie Underwood. It is good to see the impact she has made on people, just don’t like that they think they can be like her. Carrie is a one-off.

Smokyiiis

I agree with every statement made this morning about the Hollywood rounds. I don't think there's a Carrie fan ONE that wasn't ready for the Checotah girl to be DUNZO

Suellen

I decided to skip the last audition show, which was on my DVR, and just watch the Hollywood Rounds last night. I've mainly been watching to see how the girl from my husband's hometown is doing and she was the first up last night for the first solo performance (Layla Spring). I'm mainly watching for her out of curiosity, but I don't actually care for her. I think her personality is just a little too much. She's an ok singer, but I don't think she will win the show. I had to google whether she made it through group rounds since they didn't show hers last night. I thought it was kind of weird that they didn't show all the groups for the people whose auditions they have highlighted.

I feel like Hollywood week is never anyone's best week. I think it was even Carrie's worst week, lol. Didn't she forget the words during her group performance? I swear, it must be like boot camp and they must not let the contestants sleep, lol. Even people I was impressed with during the auditions didn't really impress me last night. I've read the spoilers for the Top 24 and Top 14 (not sure how they get from 24 to 14, but it appears that happens before the live shows). It seems to be quite an eclectic bunch and I'm not sure I'll keep watching once Layla is gone.

One thing I was REALLY happy about after last night was that Kennedee (from Carrie's hometown) is GONE. Thank goodness. She is not that great of a singer and I think her personality sucks. In her little clip after she was told she was going home she said something like they made a mistake or a bad decision. I mean, just be gracious about the experience and you can say you won't give up, but don't act like the judges made a mistake because you think you're so great. I know Carrie supported her because Carrie is sweet and Carrie might actually know her since the girl's mom works at the animal shelter, so I'll give Carrie a pass on that one, haha. Because the girl wasn't good.
Carrie knows her, she was the girl Carrie called to the stage to sing with her when she gave the donation of music equipment to her high school. I think the only reason she did that was her mother works at the animal shelter.

simonplay

Idol rating is growing and The voice rating is going down.

American Idol” (8:00-10:00 p.m. – 7.7 million and 1.6/6 in AD18-49):
Opposite NBC’s “The Voice” from 8:00-10:00 p.m., ABC’s “American Idol” held even week to week with Total Viewers (7.7 million) and Adults 18-49 (1.6/6). “The Voice” was down on both counts from the prior week, with a season low in young adults. ABC’s “Idol” beat NBC’s “The Voice”in the 2-hour time slot to rank as Monday’s No. 1 TV show with Adults 18-34 (tied w/”The Good Doctor”), Men 18-34, Women 18-34 and Teens 12-17.

"So, what does this all mean? /it means that even though The Voice is attracting a bigger overall audience, American Idol is starting to build an audience and that audience is younger. Older folks might love Blake Shelton but younger kids like Katy Perry I guess. So, as long as this trend continues American Idol should be alright."

https://talentrecap.com/index.php/2018/03/27/voice-still-won-ratings-american-idol-inching/

Smokyiiis

I think it’s a bit fun to watch though I do find myself cringing at the judges on AI a lot more than I used to. I have yet to hear anything substantial from Luke.