Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol 2018 on ABC

maddkat

Staff member
I just don't know about this reboot. The judges producers are doing the same thing that doomed the last iteration...only putting through niche singers. People with a very narrow lane.They need people who can sing a variety of genres not just one small type of song.It's disappointing I really thought they were going to change.

Not that some of these people aren't talented, they are but they're very specific in the type of song they can sing.Just look back at the two biggest winners of the show and you see success will come from being versatile.

Now that last story on last nights show...0767.png

What's everyone feel about the Checotah girl?

also those two sisters,lol, the blue dress one was shooting daggers at the judges after they put her sister through.Her sister who had far more talent then her.imo

also Luke is out of his depth.He just has nothing to say/add.Loved it when the producers made him take off that hat.smile1.png

also ratings on the decline - 1.8/6 7.74
they need to find some talent soon that peaks America's interest.

Last edited:

Smokyiiis

I thought that girls rendition of Carrie & Randy's I TOLD YOU SO was horrendous. Just horrendous. The other sister was 10X the singer Miss Blue was! Yikes! I did like the very last guy though I couldn't tell you his name if I tried. I would have liked to hear him do something different. And stop the crying and sing!

Kizmet311

Granted, I haven't watched AI in YEARS except for when Carrie would appear, but I am actually enjoying this season. I like the judges and their chemistry. I watched the latest three episodes last night and I think I completely cleared out my sinuses from crying so much, lol. Of course, watching three episodes in a row means they all start to run together for me.

I did not care for the girl from Checotah at all. She shouldn't have even made it through, IMHO. As for the sisters, I think the oldest sister was by far the more talented of the two and I think the little sister only got a pity ticket, because it would have been even more awkward if she hadn't made it, lol. I think there are a lot of good singers this year, but who knows if they'll ever find another star like Kelly and Carrie. I hope they do, but we'll see. There have been so many amazing inspirational stories this year, though. They are definitely tugging at my heartstrings every episode!

I think I'll keep watching AI for a while and I plan to keep watching this season of the Voice until the girl from KY gets eliminated, I think. Not that I need another show to watch, but oh well, I'm enjoying it, lol.

Smokyiiis

Sorry! I hadn't even looked at the final 14 until this morning because I am tired of the auditions already LOL. Won't say another word!

I just don't know about this reboot. The judges producers are doing the same thing that doomed the last iteration...only putting through niche singers. People with a very narrow lane.They need people who can sing a variety of genres not just one small type of song.It's disappointing I really thought they were going to change.

Not that some of these people aren't talented, they are but they're very specific in the type of song they can sing.Just look back at the two biggest winners of the show and you see success will come from being versatile.

Now that last story on last nights show...View attachment 31007

What's everyone feel about the Checotah girl?

also those two sisters,lol, the blue dress one was shooting daggers at the judges after they put her sister through.Her sister who had far more talent then her.imo

also Luke is out of his depth.He just has nothing to say/add.Loved it when the producers made him take off that hat.View attachment 31008

also ratings on the decline - 1.8/6 7.74
they need to find some talent soon that peaks America's interest.

Actually,I think Luke has a lot to offer with all of the success he’s had.He know who has a good chance of making it in the music industry & who just isn’t cut out for it at all.I’m sorry you don’t think he has nothing to add but my thinking is the exact opposite.Unless you’ve been in the music industry as long as he has,I don’t really don’t think anyone could understand the industry unless you’ve been in it for some time.

adam1995

Actually,I think Luke has a lot to offer with all of the success he’s had.He know who has a good chance of making it in the music industry & who just isn’t cut out for it at all.I’m sorry you don’t think he has nothing to add but my thinking is the exact opposite.Unless you’ve been in the music industry as long as he has,I don’t really don’t think anyone could understand the industry unless you’ve been in it for some time.

Then Lionel Richie must have a PhD in music industry knowledge.

Then Lionel Richie must have a PhD in music industry knowledge.

If someone has been in the music industry for some time,don’t you think they would at least have some modicum of knowledge of how it really works?I would think that Lionel & Luke would have at least a little bit of inside knowledge about how the music industry works & who would be able to hack it & who would never have a chance of making it or that they would need a lot of work before trying to pursue a music career.I really don’t understand why you had to be so sarcastic,I was just trying to make a point that both Luke & Lionel have some knowledge about how hard it is to break into the music industry & who can make it & who would never have a chance of making it.

rcramer

I'm still waiting to hear this gal from Pittsburgh Gabby Barrett, I guess she will be last of the auditions...

maddkat

Staff member
If someone has been in the music industry for some time,don’t you think they would at least have some modicum of knowledge of how it really works?I would think that Lionel & Luke would have at least a little bit of inside knowledge about how the music industry works & who would be able to hack it & who would never have a chance of making it or that they would need a lot of work before trying to pursue a music career.I really don’t understand why you had to be so sarcastic,I was just trying to make a point that both Luke & Lionel have some knowledge about how hard it is to break into the music industry & who can make it & who would never have a chance of making it.
If he has knowledge why is he keeping to himself? So far mostly all he's done is sit there and say you're going to Hollywood. He offers no constructive criticism.

rcramer

Well he did say, your voice is not completely knocking me out of the park, but if you are choosing Carrie Underwood you have to be with Carrie or beyond, so I guess that shows some criticism.......

But for the most part, I have not been enjoying Luke....... I always cringe when hearing someone try to do a big voiced singers song..... It never works....

DaisyTweets

All the prior judges have had 'experience' in the music industry and tell me (us) how well did their picks do as a result of the judges experience?????????????????????? Yeah, right, outside of a very select few no one has amounted to a hill of beans. And this doesn't matter if you're talking about American Idol, The Voice, America's Got Talent, etc.

The judges are guessing just like the rest of us.

Audra

I'm still waiting to hear this gal from Pittsburgh Gabby Barrett, I guess she will be last of the auditions...

I follow her on Instagram and she is pretty good at least my opinion, and I think she’s in the last round of audition shows from what she’s said. I’m excited to see how far she goes!

If he has knowledge why is he keeping to himself? So far mostly all he's done is sit there and say you're going to Hollywood. He offers no constructive criticism.

That is not all he has said,Maddkat.He did tell Kenedee that her voice wasn’t knocking him out of the park & that if you choose a Carrie song,you either have to be with Carrie or beyond,so that to me,does equal constructive criticism.I guess I just see Luke in a completely different light than you do,Maddkat.

rcramer

I follow her on Instagram and she is pretty good at least my opinion, and I think she’s in the last round of audition shows from what she’s said. I’m excited to see how far she goes!

From what I could tell she does have a great voice and can do different genes. At least she shows versatility, which is needed...... Will be nice to see her audition and what she chooses to sing....