Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol 2018 on ABC

simonplay

23 - The Band of Heathens - Hurricane

A guy auditioned with that song yesterday and it come from nowhere to #23 now on itunes.
Or people loved the song or the raiting were higher yesterday.

DaisyTweets

^yeah! I am not a fan of accomplished performers coming on as if they are "competing" in the same way as others who have no idea what is going on around them. Its just not fair and I don't see the point is highlighting and "finding" some untapped talent when it has already been "totally tapped".
But in general, I don't like seeing them build whole packages around specific singers because it gives away the fact that you have already chosen them.

And yes, they did it with Carrie but I felt somewhat duped and did not like it once it became obvious!

You think they had picked Carrie? Gosh, I never got that feeling at all. I really thought they were pushing/had chosen Bo. I think they had a few packages on Carrie because she had a great backstory and was an all American girl. But as far as a 'chosen' one -- I really thought they had their eggs in the Bo Bice basket!!! Thankfully and rightfully so, America got it right!!!!

maddkat

Staff member
You think they had picked Carrie? Gosh, I never got that feeling at all. I really thought they were pushing/had chosen Bo. I think they had a few packages on Carrie because she had a great backstory and was an all American girl. But as far as a 'chosen' one -- I really thought they had their eggs in the Bo Bice basket!!! Thankfully and rightfully so, America got it right!!!!
Well whether she was the producer's 'chosen one' or not it was clear she was the public's 'chosen one' .They have said she won the voting every single week and by a large margin. I think after a few weeks they started pushing Bo to make it seem like a contest.Carrie had it in the bag with her talent & personality from the beginning. :)

DaisyTweets

Well whether she was the producer's 'chosen one' or not it was clear she was the public's 'chosen one' .They have said she won the voting every single week and by a large margin. I think after a few weeks they started pushing Bo to make it seem like a contest.Carrie had it in the bag with her talent & personality from the beginning. :)
Agreed -- that's why at the end of my comment I said that thankfully America get it right! And I think that the producers/show runners were glad for someone like Carrie because it really was a feel good story. An unknown picked from her normal everyday life and look at her now!!! A MEGA MEGA SUPERSTAR!!!!

And thankfully Carrie came along in the show's run that it was still new and it had lots of eyeballs watching. And it didn't feel like there was all kinds of manipulation and interference from the producers.

rcramer

I was even more irked and hoped that Bo got booted when he said he was only in it because of a bet between him and his mother that he would never join...

Carrie had it from the beginning..... Even Simon before his prediction was on Oprah's show said that you could take her out of the competition and put her up with a par multi-platinum artist and be just as good.....

oldyfan

Actuallly, I really liked the two shows. It felt only somewhat different with the new judges. I will take AI over the Voice any day JMO

Last edited:
Actuallly, I really liked the two shows. It felt only somewhat different with the new judges. I will takes AI over the Voice any day JMO

I actually liked them too!!It felt different with the judges but I think it was supposed to feel different because it’s a new era of Idol on a different network.I will also take Idol over The Voice any day!!This one just feels more fun and fresh,IMO!!

gran29

I'll take Idol over The Voice too. Kelly is driving me nuts. I was willing to try it again but I just can't stand it.

pklongbeach

I watched the second episode and I liked it again. I think the judges are quickly developing a chemistry that works for them. Katy is pretty hilarious! And of course the boys just act off her. Luckily, Lionel is there to continue to bring it back to a competition of talent. So there is an overall good balance.

As for talent, there are no stars as of yet. Its hard to imagine there ever will be again......

txacar

Good for you! I can not stand her in The Voice, maybe because the show is 2 hours long and its tiring to see her "bubbly" personality for that long.

I think she was very nervous during tryouts, and will settle down and do well now that her team is full and the "real" show is underway.

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
will someone please install a seat belt on Richie's chair! Who told him it was a good idea to constantly be getting up and touching the contestants?

Loved the twins last night and the last woman. Not much else.

Smokyiiis

LOL at Lionel touching everyone! It was definitely ANNOYING. I like the twins and the last woman too. I also liked the bldg mgmt woman that wrote her own song.