Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol Season 12

JB172

RT @jofum: @mjsbigblog I'm at the Idol tour in Sacramento. Our seats were upgraded from the balcony b/c no one's here. =(

Ouch. Not good.

I feel bad for the girls that they have to deal with nobody wanting to come out to see them because Nigel & company was so hell bent on having a female winner that they put together the worst group of guys in the history of the show.

rainbow1

I read one review from near Seattle. They said it was about 3/4 full. They gave props to Kree, as the best of the night and the crowd favorite.

HuiZ

^ Sounds like Keith might be back on the panel.

Since they are bringing back WGWG contestants in full force next year, having Keith around would be great - someone who knows what he's talking about when it comes to musicianship, guitar skills etc.

It also sounds like we will definitely have at least one ex-Idol on the panel.

Carrieflattsfan

Hate to say it, but I'm not holding my breath for anybody on the panel to be great. We've seen it many times before that experience and talent in the industry has nothing to do with delivering the goods as an Idol judge.

I feel like Keith could be a good asset to the panel, but he (like many others before him), seemed to just agree with the other judges most of the time because he didn't want to be seen as the mean one.

JLo really didn't bring much to the table either; I'm honestly baffled as to why they would fight so hard to bring her back. Both her and Steven offered little insight, and seemed to be afraid to offer criticism.

If there's hope of somebody bringing life to the panel, I think it will be Jen Hudson. She's been in the exact position before, so she probably knows how helpful constructive criticism can be. I would also think she would be empathetic, but she probably would not mince words or come across as too soft, because she's got an extroverted personality, and she knows what's at stake better than the contestants themselves.

Honestly, I think having Nicki on the panel really hurt Idol, and having somebody turn around and be great would be good for the show.

JB172

Hate to say it, but I'm not holding my breath for anybody on the panel to be great. We've seen it many times before that experience and talent in the industry has nothing to do with delivering the goods as an Idol judge.

I feel like Keith could be a good asset to the panel, but he (like many others before him), seemed to just agree with the other judges most of the time because he didn't want to be seen as the mean one.

JLo really didn't bring much to the table either; I'm honestly baffled as to why they would fight so hard to bring her back. Both her and Steven offered little insight, and seemed to be afraid to offer criticism.

If there's hope of somebody bringing life to the panel, I think it will be Jen Hudson. She's been in the exact position before, so she probably knows how helpful constructive criticism can be. I would also think she would be empathetic, but she probably would not mince words or come across as too soft, because she's got an extroverted personality, and she knows what's at stake better than the contestants themselves.

Honestly, I think having Nicki on the panel really hurt Idol, and having somebody turn around and be great would be good for the show.

From all the rumors being floated around it sounds like Hudson as become a fall back in case they can't get a deal done with Lopez, I would rather see Hudson instead of having Lopez comeback.

allamericangirl8

I'm rooting so hard for Idol. But if will.i.am is a judge, it'll be hard for me to keep supporting, tbh. I liked JLo as a judge. I'd say 30% of her critiques were actually very on point, which, sadly, is more than most of the recent judges. Keith had great insights until he started piggybacking off of Nicki. Maybe with her gone, he'll be more insightful... or maybe he'll find a replacement Nicki.

My desire for Kanye to be a judge waned significantly after seeing Nicki in action, so now I'm not sure how I'd construct the panel. I really hope they put someone on who isn't a celebrity.

carriecountrystar

I'm rooting so hard for Idol. But if will.i.am is a judge, it'll be hard for me to keep supporting, tbh. I liked JLo as a judge. I'd say 30% of her critiques were actually very on point, which, sadly, is more than most of the recent judges. Keith had great insights until he started piggybacking off of Nicki. Maybe with her gone, he'll be more insightful... or maybe he'll find a replacement Nicki.

My desire for Kanye to be a judge waned significantly after seeing Nicki in action, so now I'm not sure how I'd construct the panel. I really hope they put someone on who isn't a celebrity.

The problem with judges that are still in the business (as artists) is that a). They will have their own agendas -which leads to- b). Their "critique" will be questionable because they base it off how people will like them (e.g. Mariah and Keith) or they'll just be classless and unprofessional because fans will like them anyways (e.g. Nicki).

HuiZ

The new Idol producers are even more clueless!

Instead of having a fresh panel, they get back J Lo who has already left. Not that I'm excited about their "back-up" choice of J Hud either.

Instead of having a good judge with good comments, they are considering Will.I.Am.

Obviously, we can't hope that they would bother updating the song lists and themes anymore.

SIGH..............

maddkat

Staff member
Getting rid of Iovine is a good move, for me he brought nothing to the show.

Little sad they resigned Keith and JLo, especially Jlo.She was useless the few years she was there and did nothing but promote herself. Guess we'll be seeing her preform ever other week again.

No clue who Dr. Luke is. Is he a internist?podiatrist? heart surgeon? What? (wink)
Really, why do these music people have to have such foolish names.