Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol Season 12

Hil

I'm glad Jimmy is out.. He was so pointless. It will be interesting to hear Randy's comments coming from a different angle.

HuiZ

I'm glad Jimmy is out.. He was so pointless. It will be interesting to hear Randy's comments coming from a different angle.
I think Randy might actually work better as mentor. So this is interesting.

He's not good with words when it comes to judging, but he is knowledgeable in music and has so much experience producing, plus all his years on Idol... that will help the contestants.

Never a fan of Jimmy's comments. It felt as if "his" comments were picked out from fan message boards after the performance show ends. Or I should say... I like the comments, but I don't see a point of having him there to deliver them.

pklongbeach

I'm with gaycarebear.

I have always felt that the gig fell in Randy's lap and that he has not added much of anything to the show from day one. And when the time finally came to do without him, they bring him back in this role, No!!
I have nothing against him, and he has earned whatever role he chooses at this point, just for lasting so long, but I just feel like if they were going to "REALLY" attempt to make this show frsh again, it should have been out with the old. That includes Jlo!!!!!!!!!

AS for Jimmy; I have actually always really liked his imput.
I have always believed him. I have always felt he gave an unbiased energy to the panel that was clearly going in its own direction.
Even if his stuff was manufactured (this is television after all) it was still a contrary action to the panel which is what I think a show like htis needs.

To me, by far the best panel of judging comes from a little show called SYTYCD. The judges are supportive but still specific about what works and what doesn't work and "why"!!!
They speak the language of dance and they know the difference between fan favortism and great dancing.
And they allow for both.
The judges on AI have been camera hogs and "star spoiled" for years now, and it is not at all interesting to watch for me.
I am interested in the singers and what makes them good or not so good.

So anyway, I had hoped they were really going to change things up, but instead, with Randy back in a weird role, and Jlo back on the panel, it is just a mixed up mess of the same show.

Not great!

Hil

jimmy was so irrelevant to me b/c mostly he gave his critiques the night of the results...it felt VERY scripted & ridiculous. Anyone can give their opionion and have it be generally right after you know the results. I hope they don't do that with Randy. Give your opinion after the performance or at the end of the night after all of the perforamnces...let the record exec see ALL performances before giving his critique or opinion. Sometimes you may say what the audience is thinking & sometimes not, but at least it will feel authentic. JMO No one can predict the future all of the time...well, unless you're Simon Cowell...but then, he might not be a baby daddy now if that were the case. J/K :p congrats to him.

Hil

I think in general the best formula Idol can have...is no formula. Make is as authentic and non scripted as possible. It's just not that interesting now b/c it's become so formulaic.

Carrieflattsfan

According to Us Weekly, Dr. Luke will not be joining the Idol panel next season.

Dr. Luke's American Idol stint is over before it began. The songwriter and producer will not be joining Jennifer Lopez and Keith Urban on the 13th season of Fox's hit musical competition after all, a source confirms to Us Weekly.

As first reported by The Hollywood Reporter, the 39-year-old music bigwig (real name: Lukasz Gottwald) ran into some trouble with Sony Music, which signed him to a lucrative contract in 2011. (Sony is in direct competition with Universal Music Group, which produces the American Idol records.)

American Idol Judges: Dr. Luke Will Not Join Panel for Season 13 - UsMagazine.com

JB172

According to Us Weekly, Dr. Luke will not be joining the Idol panel next season.

Dr. Luke's American Idol stint is over before it began. The songwriter and producer will not be joining Jennifer Lopez and Keith Urban on the 13th season of Fox's hit musical competition after all, a source confirms to Us Weekly.

As first reported by The Hollywood Reporter, the 39-year-old music bigwig (real name: Lukasz Gottwald) ran into some trouble with Sony Music, which signed him to a lucrative contract in 2011. (Sony is in direct competition with Universal Music Group, which produces the American Idol records.)

American Idol Judges: Dr. Luke Will Not Join Panel for Season 13 - UsMagazine.com

Well I can see where that would be a problem, I think he would have done a good job.

pklongbeach

I would like Connick Jr alot.

(I am still bitter about his little jab at SYA, but that is ok, I still trust his music insticts alot more than Jlo's).

AdamJ

I just heard a rumor that Idol is in talks with Harry Connick, Jr.. I think he would be a great judge. I like that idea...

pklongbeach

Fine by me.

OF the three he is by far the most accomplished and learned "musician".

And keith strikes the balance of accomplsihed and "still relevant".

And Jlo is....well........I guess.............I don't know what she is there for........

A tremendous amout of money, that is what she is there for.

Fine, I couldn't care less.

(I bet she and Connick Jr. argue alot. Both opinionated and both want the last word).

supercarriefan

If Harry does actually join the panel, I hope he doesn't water down his critiques to keep up the status quo for the producers. He has been a great mentor the few times he's been on, and viewers will be expecting a lot from him.
I hope Keith is a better judge this season than last. His comments were not useful for most of last season.
As for JLo, it is what it is lol. She wasn't the worst judge Idol has ever had, but there is room for improvement.

I just hope we get an official announcement from Idol soon about who will be occupying the seats on the panel.

pklongbeach

I've met Harry Connick Jr --he is an arrogant, pompous --huuh do not like him.
Oh he absolutely is. And in fairness, he has kind of earned it.
By that I just mean that when someone knows their business better than most and they have the credicials and the success to back it up, they are kind of entitled to come from a place of knowing what they are talking about.

Now I don't like arrogance in general. When it comes from someone like Niki where it is unwarranted and undeserved it is just obnoxious.

But assuming that Streisand or D.Foster or Cher or Madonna is going to have an arrogance to them is expected.
They are artists, not humanitarians and not ettiquite instructors.

I guess what I am saying is that I accept it sometimes with some cause they are who they are and they are entitled to be what they want. And I can just choose to ignore the arrogance.

It is arrogance and entitlement that is not earned that annoys me.

That said; yes, I imagine that Connick Jr. is going to be a bit off putting in the same way that Simon was.
And I can't wait. I really do want someone to tell these people in an unbiased way when they are doing well and when they are doing poorly.

And you need someone who has that strength of self and assurance of their own words to have that.

Jlo in many ways has that, but it bothers me to hear her talk about singers who are so much better vocalists than she could ever be.

If she were on SYTYCD I would probably accept what she has to say. But to listen to her talk to vocalists about singing????? What does she know about singing?? At her age she still has to take all her clothes off and wiggle around on stage sticking her butt at the camera to keep our attention.